What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dear Ben, time to sign the contract

Dragon David

First Grade
Well it's done now. We have to live with it and any consequences. Good or bad nothing can be done by us. Whatever money we have left hopefully enough to sign up some worthy prop forwards who are not has beens and rejects.

Someone posted that Sullivan will be staying at the Dragons for next year at least - see how much playing time he gets in first grade and how Hook uses him is the query.

Come Nov 1 we will see who they have signed up.

Gareth67

First Grade
And just when I thought that it would be safe to go back into the water - er I mean run back onto a footy field .

Well there goes our hopes for signing a couple of decent forwards . It will be the proven old duo of Hunt and Griffin taking the Dragons to their first semi final series since 2018 . 😳

Last edited:

dungay dragon

Juniors
Really? Not sure I've seen any awards night where contract extensions have been announced.

But of course this is the dragons forum and the fans know better.
You miss the point , however, respectfully agree to disagree re BH .
Now we will wait to see how the Dominos fall
Haran and his cohorts would do well and dispel ongoing speculation by being a tad more open re the conditions of the terms of the Clubs marquee signing/contract
At this stage Macca refuses to go quietly and the Club has signed Liddle , so where does that leave Sully ? Where does Mbye play ? Along with Macca a favourite of our Coach .
Watched Treigh Stewart at the Koori KO , and gee hasnt he come on .While has had defensive issues he is a real attacking weapon who can cover most backline spots . Then there is Sloan .On top of that we will have Suli and Rava back from injury and raring to go..
What money is left in the can to sign some quality forwards ???
We need to start 2023 on a positive note to have any possible chance of success , so a number of these issues have to be sorted and soon ..

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Well it's done now. We have to live with it and any consequences. Good or bad nothing can be done by us. Whatever money we have left hopefully enough to sign up some worthy prop forwards who are not has beens and rejects.

Someone posted that Sullivan will be staying at the Dragons for next year at least - see how much playing time he gets in first grade and how Hook uses him is the query.

Come Nov 1 we will see who they have signed up.
You can guarantee whoever they sign on Nov 1 they will have played at 3 or 4 previous clubs

True_Believer

Juniors
You miss the point , however, respectfully agree to disagree re BH .
What was the point you were making then? Were you not saying that Ben and the club should have announced his extension at the awards night? What was I missing?

Agree to disagree re Ben Hunt? I'm not sure you are referring to the same conversation now.

"Haran and his cohorts would do well and dispel ongoing speculation by being a tad more open re the conditions of the terms of the Clubs marquee signing/contract". And again, I'm not sure why you would expect the Dragons to be like this when no other club is. It's between the club and the player, not the rest of the population.

dungay dragon

Juniors
What was the point you were making then? Were you not saying that Ben and the club should have announced his extension at the awards night? What was I missing?

Agree to disagree re Ben Hunt? I'm not sure you are referring to the same conversation now.

"Haran and his cohorts would do well and dispel ongoing speculation by being a tad more open re the conditions of the terms of the Clubs marquee signing/contract". And again, I'm not sure why you would expect the Dragons to be like this when no other club is. It's between the club and the player, not the rest of the population.
Simply
You mean to say our No1 player , when accepting his award , couldnt end his speech by saying
"And in further good news for the Club n Fans i am delighted to let you all know i am staying on and agreed to terms '
Cant see a drama in that .Seen it done time n time again or after a garnd final win ...
As for the rest , they are on going issues this Club is going to face and all discussed on here
And just for the record SULLIVAN HAS JUST CONTACTED THE CLUB AND ASKED FOR AN IMMEDIATE RELEASE !!!!!

True_Believer

Juniors
Simply
You mean to say our No1 player , when accepting his award , couldnt end his speech by saying
"And in further good news for the Club n Fans i am delighted to let you all know i am staying on and agreed to terms '
Cant see a drama in that .Seen it done time n time again or after a garnd final win ...
As for the rest , they are on going issues this Club is going to face and all discussed on here
And just for the record SULLIVAN HAS JUST CONTACTED THE CLUB AND ASKED FOR AN IMMEDIATE RELEASE !!!!!

Yes I am saying that so what point have I missed? You are making little sense. When else was it done? What examples can you provide?

Secondly, so what if Sullivan asked for a release? He has a right to. Just like Sloan. And just like Sloan his request can be rejected and given the comments from Young I suspect that will be what they will be looking to do.

Some of the people on this forum are such drama queens...

justadragon

Bench
we all predicted that the Sullivan issue would come to the fore all season, I thought he may have been able to handle the 14 for a while and interchange with hunt, but with the arrival of Liddle that seems to have ended, only hope is that Macca gets TOLD he is gone to ressies, maybe that might appease Sullivan, at the end of the day if you have been offered a position in your preferred spot somewhere else and you dont get dicked around, then there will be no stopping him, contract or no contract it will end up like Saab, with Sloane in hot persuit. The point is who would blame him, sure there might be a lot of pressure on but he sits fine with that. The funny thing is all the Dragons advertisements that contain Sloane and Sullivan will have to be shelved very quickly. Most importantly Hooks KPI that he brings juniors through may have to be thoroughly revised with the impending loss of 2 of the brightest prospects the dragons have had for years

dungay dragon

Juniors
Yes I am saying that so what point have I missed? You are making little sense. When else was it done? What examples can you provide?

Secondly, so what if Sullivan asked for a release? He has a right to. Just like Sloan. And just like Sloan his request can be rejected and given the comments from Young I suspect that will be what they will be looking to do.

Some of the people on this forum are such drama queens...
Take your dog for a walk in the clear fresh TB
you will feel a lot better
i have followed this Club for 55 years , and have rarely seen the place run as bad as it is at present
i am entitled to my opinion just as you are , and so many others on here , and mine will not change
Perhaps if the Club was a little more transparent with its dealings , there wouldn't be so many issues that Members and Fans are concerned about
Drama Queen no ,, concerned and loyal supporter Yes
END

dungay dragon

Juniors
we all predicted that the Sullivan issue would come to the fore all season, I thought he may have been able to handle the 14 for a while and interchange with hunt, but with the arrival of Liddle that seems to have ended, only hope is that Macca gets TOLD he is gone to ressies, maybe that might appease Sullivan, at the end of the day if you have been offered a position in your preferred spot somewhere else and you dont get dicked around, then there will be no stopping him, contract or no contract it will end up like Saab, with Sloane in hot persuit. The point is who would blame him, sure there might be a lot of pressure on but he sits fine with that. The funny thing is all the Dragons advertisements that contain Sloane and Sullivan will have to be shelved very quickly. Most importantly Hooks KPI that he brings juniors through may have to be thoroughly revised with the impending loss of 2 of the brightest prospects the dragons have had for years
Good post justa
but be careful you'll be called a Drama Queen
obv hitting a raw nerve with some on here , bit close to the coal face

Latest posts