What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dear Ngani Laumape

Damarky

Juniors
Yo Ngani

Great Game Again Ngani, really impressed with you this session
Great determination to get that try. Dam so close today!
Hope you got player of the day! Keep working hard.

Love to offer some advice lol I think you can take Dane Nielsen spot,
Noticed a couple of times Mateo looking for the pass late in the
second half come in 2 or 3 steps to run off his shoulder
more think you got make even more metres just like clinton toopi
run off Ali Lauitiiti back in 2001 and 2002. Chase the kicks hard to
bit of pressure can cause a turn over or dive on the loose
ball any ways you played great and getting better each game
soon when the team gets in this spots where we are behind by 2
they will look to you to create same magic look at simon today
with that kick 3 min to go some times even the captain can make mistakes so
dont be afraid to create some thing better to give it a go
than die wondering what if.

You have the edge on Tupou anyways. Last week he had his best game but cause he
knows theirs competiton which is great for the team!

Fan! :D

captainwarrior

Juniors
Funny you mention Lauti'iti and Toopi because I was thinking that our attack today, especially our third try, was very similar, or atleast the best its been since 2002-03. That third try was very Toopi/Meli like down the sideline, reminded me of a PJ Marsh try v Brisbane in 2003 where Toopi put Meli down the touchline and Marsh was on the inside, the Godinet try was very similar.

vvvrulz

Coach
Funny you mention Lauti'iti and Toopi because I was thinking that our attack today, especially our third try, was very similar, or atleast the best its been since 2002-03. That third try was very Toopi/Meli like down the sideline, reminded me of a PJ Marsh try v Brisbane in 2003 where Toopi put Meli down the touchline and Marsh was on the inside, the Godinet try was very similar.

Yep it was very old school Warriors that one, we used to score tries by the bucket loads through our wingers and centres. Are some glory days coming back?

Aragorn

First Grade
Yo Ngani

Love to offer some advice lol I think you can take Dane Nielsen spot,
Noticed a couple of times Mateo looking for the pass late in the
second half come in 2 or 3 steps to run off his shoulder
more think you got make even more metres just like clinton toopi
run off Ali Lauitiiti back in 2001 and 2002.

You have the edge on Tupou anyways. Last week he had his best game but cause he
knows theirs competiton which is great for the team!

Fan! :D

I`d like to see him perform like this week in and week out before people start jumping on the bandwagon saying he should take Neilsen`s spot.

one great performance doesnt make a great player. Same goes to Konrad Hurrell & the rest of the ex-U20 crew.

jaseg

Juniors
I`d like to see him perform like this week in and week out before people start jumping on the bandwagon saying he should take Neilsen`s spot.

one great performance doesnt make a great player. Same goes to Konrad Hurrell & the rest of the ex-U20 crew.

That's three great performances now, not one. But yes, I agree with your point - we shouldn't be expecting too much of him too quickly. As we did with so many others. Regardless, Nielsen looks to be quite a good acquisition - if Laumape is to take someone's spot it shouldn't be him.

Meth

Staff member
That's three great performances now, not one. But yes, I agree with your point - we shouldn't be expecting too much of him too quickly. As we did with so many others. Regardless, Nielsen looks to be quite a good acquisition - if Laumape is to take someone's spot it shouldn't be him.

Yeah, I'd say it'd be more likely that, at full strength, he's competing with Hurrell or Tupou for a spot.

hitman82

Bench
The reason I mention Nielsen, is he shouldn't automatically take the POSITION back from a player who is performing there. That's geniused selection policy. If Nielsen comes back this week, he shouldn't be in the centres beside Vatuvei. Laumape has that spot as long as he holds his form, in my opinion. We've been waiting years for a centre who can work well with Vatuvei.

Iafeta

Referee

I agree. However, I think Konrad gets somewhat of a raw deal in how he's rated, frankly. Up till round 20 or so last year he was right up there for NRL rookie of the year. And he's produced a couple of good games this year after a fairly bad performance in round 1. I think there's a touch of tall poppy syndrome in how people rate Konrad. FTR, that was an awesome performance from him yesterday.

Ngani, that's three good performances. Its interesting, as its not like he's blessed with great size or blistering speed. So for a young guy he's playing some smart intelligent football. I was surprised how well he held his own on defence yesterday.

Blair

Coach
a lot go on here..

If I was them I wouldn't, would you?

Unless you were Ben Matulino, the rest always come in for a regular shellacking.

Although...maybe Tupou popped in here a bit recently? His turnaround is nothing but remarkable and needs some explaining outside 'it's just happened'.

"I'll show those guys..."

Aragorn

First Grade
Although...maybe Tupou popped in here a bit recently? His turnaround is nothing but remarkable and needs some explaining outside 'it's just happened'.

"I'll show those guys..."

they`re called angry pills. He`s a different player when he`s playing with aggression.

Someone slip a few into Matulino`s drinks pls.

Ngani Laumape

Juniors
Thanks guys, just taking it one week at a time, trying not to get ahead of myself and making sure I play for the full 80 minutes.