What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dear Ray Hadley

Brando

Juniors
He won't read that 'cause he won't come in here. If he did he would have known our players names.

His best quote of tonights game was "the players are calling to go left, they will go left here, yes they do they shift the ball to the right" WTF!!!!!

Micistm

Bench
The golden turd award for extreme awfulness. Anyone who claims our commentators are the worst...move over, theres a new King in town, and he makes Costo sound like Shakespere

jaseg

Juniors
He's SUCH a radio commentator. I don't mind him... on 2GB if I'm driving and literally can't watch a game. No idea why #9 have decided he's an better option than Voss though, idiotic call from them. Generally I just mute - if I even bother to watch the game he commentates now.

Skram

Juniors
I don't know if Nine still prefer Hadley over Voss.
Voss has commentated more recently, or maybe it's just for Broncos games, but I know Vossy was commentating the other game and they mentioned Rabs being on his way to London for the games.
Either way Hadley is horrible, how about the out and out "NOOOOOO!!!" when Hodges lost it at a crucial moment.
That said I think he's about the calibre of Husband, just that Husband is more bearable as he's rooting for the good guys.

Scorpio30

Bench
He won't read that 'cause he won't come in here. If he did he would have known our players names.

His best quote of tonights game was "the players are calling to go left, they will go left here, yes they do they shift the ball to the right" WTF!!!!!

Believe it or not this is some what correct. You will notice they do this a lot in commentary....simply he is saying that they are attacking the Broncos left defence.

Meth

Staff member
Voss has gone to the Olympics, hasn't he? Who was calling the Dogs and the Eels?

Lockyer's moment was priceless.

Izz

Bench
Rabbits has gone to the Olympics, i think.

Sterling called the Eels, Manly game last Sunday.

The highlights on nrl.com tell me Vossy called the other game last night.

Micistm

Bench
Hadley, Lewis and Fatty were all bad.

Yep, I like the Fats on the Footy show, but they were all shockers last night. Lockyer was funny, commenting he hadn't seen a Warriors play 'since the under 8s'...I was thinking hmm, well it just got a try against your mob, you patronising wanker...:lol:

Brando

Juniors
Believe it or not this is some what correct. You will notice they do this a lot in commentary....simply he is saying that they are attacking the Broncos left defence.

I get that and what you (and he) are trying to say but you have missed the point, re-listen to it and re-read it, it makes NO sense verbatim now does it? Also in the very first set of six alone he got two player calls wrong. Later rambled on about a game call from 1992 as the Warriors were attacking the line and got pretty much every other try or penalty call wrong!

Simply woeful!

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I get that and what you (and he) are trying to say but you have missed the point, re-listen to it and re-read it, it makes NO sense verbatim now does it? Also in the very first set of six alone he got two player calls wrong. Later rambled on about a game call from 1992 as the Warriors were attacking the line and got pretty much every other try or penalty call wrong!

Simply woeful!

In the very first set of the game, Matulino took 2 hit-ups and Hadley didn't call his name either time. Hadley is the style of commentator who calls the name of the player taking the hit-up every time. It was clear that from the very start of the game he was unable to identify Matulino. Unbelievable.

I will give him credit though, in that he started dishing out generous praise to Matulino later in the game, albeit in a surprised sounding way- like "wow, this guy Matulino who I didn't know at the start of the game is really good".

Warmess

Juniors
Was the most one eye'd 'commentating' I've ever heard. The Aussies always had a point that the Sky crew are fairly biased towards the Warriors, but there is no way it's that bad, not even nearly.

His mixing up of Matulino and Mateo all night was driving me insane. He was even saying Matulino has his socks down and he still constantly f**ked it up.

The forward pass was bad, and pretty blatant, but worth going on for like 5 minutes about? Christ. I also love how whenever we kicked it dead it was all "Ohhh big mistake from the Warriors they didn't want that, wankwankwank" but when the Broncos did the same a couple of sets later he couldn't get off Wallace's c**k about it.

Almost ruined an awesome game for me.

blain

Juniors
I had seen parts of other games he had called, and couldnt stand him.

I gave him a go last night, and man he is worse than I thought! Took him about 3 sets to get over that forward pass. Sounded like he didnt think we deserved to be on Suncorps holy turf.. Would have loved to have won to shut him up alone.

blain

Juniors
Thats right, "great kick from Wallace", rolls dead by about 10 metres, twice. Maloney does the same thing, "terrible play there". He was also awful when Mateo had the ball, making it sound like he was going to try and pass it off the ground/drop it everytime he had the pill.

Iafeta

Referee
Last night's commentary was horrible... not only Roy Hardley, but by wrick or crick you had Wally Lewis and Darren Lockyer cheerleading for the Broncos as well. I remember Hunt taking a kick out of dummy half and Hardley was practically orgasming at it, it rolls 10 metres dead and he then claims it was exactly what he was after. Bollocks. The forward pass, definitely forward, but how long did they go on about it? They certainly didn't go off for about Gerard Beale knocking on from a bomb early in the game, and the ensuing couple of sets of possession they scored their try from it. Sweet jesus that was bad.

I also hate when commentators don't reference us as the Warriors, but straight out "New Zealand". It makes it sound as if they're playing the test team, not a franchise.

Last edited: