What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dear Slater,

Maroon4life

Juniors
Thank you for your years of service and your enormous contribution to this
8 year dynasty to date. You have been a remarkable statesman and teammate for this side and we wouldn't have enjoyed the success we now have had it not been for you.

However, in order for QLD to continue to succeed we must select the appropriate players. I'm sure you will understand when I say that we have a potent attacking option in Inglis who over time has become a focal point for the NSW defence, as such I believe his time and space has become far too limited playing at centre and is unable to reach his remarkable potential.

This brings us to my point, tonight I witnessed one of the greatest ever attacking fullbacks break the line on several occasions only to be reigned in without much effort. Clearly you are injured and not the same player you were, I'm sure you will agree with me when I say we would be foolish not to utilise a player of inglis' ability in the position that best fits his playstyle, your position.

Sincerely,
Your mate Mal.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Slater was QLD's best player by a fair margin for mine... Looked dangerous every time he touched the ball. I understand people wanting to get Inglis to FB so he can become more involved but can't blame Slater for this loss

Last edited:

MacDougall

First Grade
Haha ffs what a joke. Slater was the only attacking spark Queensland had tonight. And you want to what? Drop him? f**king moron you are. Go and drink a bottle of bleach.

Maroon4life

Juniors
Slater was QLD's player by a fair margin for mine... Looked dangerous every time he touched the ball. I understand people wanting to get Inglis to FB so he can become more involved but can't blame Slater for this loss

I don't blame him for the loss, I just think for what billy offers currently we would be better off having Inglis back there. The defence on Inglis is improving each game and rendering him useless. He is our main attacking weapon and the team can't provide room and time for him. Put him at fullback. I'm. Not saying drop billy but he has to lose his spot to a better option, unfortunately he can't really play anywhere else.

Danish

Referee
I love the theory that Inglis can't get involved unless he is at fullback.

What a crock of shit.

Inglis can't get involved unless he is dragged into the game kicking and screaming.

His talent is actually bellied by his laziness, and he's the 2nd most talented footballer in the game (behind god Hayne of course)

Maroon4life

Juniors
Haha ffs what a joke. Slater was the only attacking spark Queensland had tonight. And you want to what? Drop him? f**king moron you are. Go and drink a bottle of bleach.

Attacking spark? Besides the first try the attacking sets were clunky. He broke the line but is clearly injured and can't accelerate. Inglis deserves his shot.

Billy used to be that good that we could afford to limit GI to centre. It's taken 9 years but NSW have caught onto the thurston GI combo and slater has slowed right down.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
:lol: I hate Slater with a passion, but he was QLD's best player by a mile. Is it his fault Inglis is a lazy lump who couldn't be bothered to go after the ball??? He is almost as lazy as he is talented.

broncoman

Juniors
On the absolute off chance that Inglis is moved to fb, Slater would surely move to the wing anyway.

Maroon4life

Juniors
Noticed the Morris boys mowed him down a couple of times with a decent headstart.

that's like asking why Hayne didnt go looking for the ball whwn he was on the wing and centre for the blues. theres rarely the kind of space you see in club. The fact that it is easier to inject yourself into the play as a fullback over centre isn't even an argument. Thought slater played well too, just couldn't capitalise on the opportunities & i think GI would have.

Nerd

Bench
Yep Inglis at fullback would be better than Slater who is obviously playing busted. Allowing Inglis to pop up in attack would be NSW's worst nightmare, similar to what Jarryd Hayne did last night.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Slater is a better ball player than Inglis. With no Cronk, Slater becomes even more important to the side now.

Inglis is best suited to running at the arm grabber Scott.

Wally21

Bench
:lol: I hate Slater with a passion, but he was QLD's best player by a mile. Is it his fault Inglis is a lazy lump who couldn't be bothered to go after the ball??? He is almost as lazy as he is talented.

This.

As much as I hate Slater, you have to admire his consistency and competitiveness. Inglis is a phenomenal talent, but goes missing, often. No one can ever accuse Billy of that

Shorty

Staff member
People don't seem to get it...it's not a knock on Slater's heart and talent, tell me, what do we do game 2? Because that timing isn't going to get anymore precise qld has worked on it for years, but Slater is caught when he's put in holes now.
Qld were pushing the NSW forwards back toward the end of the game and Slater tried but was caught everyone time, what's the solution?

Dazzat

First Grade
What we gain by playing Inglis at fullback, we'll lose by playing some nuffy at left centre - which would be who? Will Chambers who normally plays right?

The problem of Slater being run down by the Morris brothers (not many people would not be run down by the Morris brothers), would have been fixed by a fellow Queenslander supporting Slater.

I expect great improvement in Inglis' next game at centre - simply by his being more familiar with the position, and because hopefully the Queensland coaching staff will plan some decent moves so he received the ball at full speed.

Meth

Staff member
Slater was Queensland's best.

Who are you going to replace Inglis with at centre? Dane Nielsen? Will Chambers?

QLD's halves failing to deliver was the problem last night. Not Slater.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
pretty sure i've actually seen chambers play both sides of the field. bellamy seems to move him depending on the opposition. if you were going to shift slater to the wing, the simplest solution would be tate to left centre (i know he doesnt normally play there but the morris boys play left at club and right at rep)

inglis plays best when he's fired up. i kept yelling for one of his team mates to punch him in the nose in a tackle and claim it was a blue.

oh and slater was still great last night. the issue isnt inglis playing fullback, the issue is he needs to get more involved