What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Death ride required

Tigerm

First Grade
This we need the following to happen:

We are on 20points

22 - Eels to get slimed - they play Saints
20 - Pennies to be belted - they play the Doggies
19 - Broncs to be whipped - they play the Storm
18 - Knights to be put to the sword - they play Sea eagles
18 - Sharks to be eaten - they play the Rabbits

We only thought we had the rest of weekend off:)

Tiger Ted

Bench
This we need the following to happen:

We are on 20points

22 - Eels to get slimed - they play Saints
20 - Pennies to be belted - they play the Doggies
19 - Broncs to be whipped - they play the Storm
18 - Knights to be put to the sword - they play Sea eagles
18 - Sharks to be eaten - they play the Rabbits

We only thought we had the rest of weekend off:)
Very likely all the results will go our way except for the morally bankrupt grub clearys team winning although I believe the sharks r also a solid chance of winning at home.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Both results very favorable tonight. Warriors gone from the equation now. Broncos have a decent run in but they’ve Probably gotta win all 5 now and I can’t see that happening.

Would expect Manly to rough the Knights up. Think Dogs are a sneaky chance v Panthers but gotta feeling Sharks are treating the Bunnies game like a GF.

Next week has some big games with Sharks V Panthers and Eels V Knights. So even if all results go against us this week in all likelihood if we beat the Dogs we finish round 21 in the 8

Everything went our way with the exception of Cronulla.

Penrith & Broncos getting done were the big ones as it guaranteed us in the 8 no matter what happened with the Sharps.

All the teams around us have some hard games in the run home. We've got a soft run by comparison but we're playing mostly the bottom teams who we have a nasty habit of giving away games to. Some real mental fortitude is required over the last five weeks. Win four of the last five and I'd suspect we're in.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Everything went our way with the exception of Cronulla.

Penrith & Broncos getting done were the big ones as it guaranteed us in the 8 no matter what happened with the Sharps.

All the teams around us have some hard games in the run home. We've got a soft run by comparison but we're playing mostly the bottom teams who we have a nasty habit of giving away games to. Some real mental fortitude is required over the last five weeks. Win four of the last five and I'd suspect we're in.
4 out of 5 we definitely make it & even 3 out of 5 we r also a huge chance coz of how bad penrith knights & broncos r going.

Won’t surprise if Rd 25 @ the 8th wonder is a dead rubber coz of both teams cementing 7th & 8th spots regardless of the result.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Sharks are going to go on a run. The quality of that side are not going to slump out of the top 8, particularly now they have all their star players back. Despite Parra being Parra, they are 4 points clear of us and the Sharks so I don't see them slipping out of the 8 either.

Realistically it is a battle between Tigers, Panthers and Broncos for the 8th spot:

Panthers:
21 - Lose to Sharks
22 - Win/Lose (unsure) against Broncos
23 - Win against Cowboys
24 - Lose to Roosters
25 - Win/Lose (unsure) to Knights

Broncos:
21 - Win against Cowboys
22 - Win/Lose (unsure) to Panthers
23 - Lose to Bunnies
24 - Lose to Parra
25 - Win against Bulldogs

So basically, I think Panthers/Broncos will only win two or three of their remaining 5 games. This means that we can lose two games MAXIMUM and we can't lose in any blowouts.

Knights have a really easy run home but that can almost be stopped dead in its tracks this weekend with a flogging from Parra.

magpie_man

Juniors
Sharks are going to go on a run. The quality of that side are not going to slump out of the top 8, particularly now they have all their star players back. Despite Parra being Parra, they are 4 points clear of us and the Sharks so I don't see them slipping out of the 8 either.

Realistically it is a battle between Tigers, Panthers and Broncos for the 8th spot:

Panthers:
21 - Lose to Sharks
23 - Win against Cowboys
24 - Lose to Roosters

Broncos:
21 - Win against Cowboys
23 - Lose to Bunnies
24 - Lose to Parra

So basically, I think Panthers/Broncos will only win two or three of their remaining 5 games. This means that we can lose two games MAXIMUM and we can't lose in any blowouts.

Knights have a really easy run home but that can almost be stopped dead in its tracks this weekend with a flogging from Parra.

I came here to say exactly the same thing: Cronulla will go on a run with Wade Graham (unbelievable player btw) and co. back, so realistically there is only one spot in the eight up for grabs.
Brisbane worry me. I can see them winning 5/5 - Souths are floundering and Parra are up and down like a fiddler's elbow. Hopefully the Cowboys can deal them the knockout blow Thursday.
Just as an aside: Canberra are far from secure in the top 4, their run home is:

Easts
Melbourne
Manly
Cronulla
Auckland

They could conceivably lose all 5.
On 28 Competition Points with a F/A of +158 it's hard to see them slipping out of the 8 but stranger things have happened.

The unknown

Juniors
Brisbane are outright trash but they have I think like 4/5 home games left. Wouldn't be surprised if they get a huge leg up

Top 6 is probably decided just in what order. In current form and my totally unbiased opinion us and Sharks are probably the form teams battling for the 8 but I guess anything can happen

Tigerm

First Grade
You all just need to talk to your spook or deity to make sure WT's are one of the favoured ones:)

Vic Mackey

Referee

Panthers:
21 - Lose to Sharks
23 - Win against Cowboys
24 - Lose to Roosters

Broncos:
21 - Win against Cowboys
23 - Lose to Bunnies
24 - Lose to Parra

I think this round will be pivotal to us making the 8.

NQ would love nothing more then to ruin the Broncos finals hopes Thursday night, they’ll be right up for it.

Panthers have some tough games and can’t score points. They already have a worse F/A then us, even when they win it won’t be by much so if we finish on equal points we’ll likely be ahead of them. Maloney out Friday, a big loss to the Sharks will make it very hard for them.

Knights have a pretty easy run but are playing terrible footy. I can’t believe it but I’m going to have to cheer on Moses this Saturday.

If we beat the Dogs and the other dominoes fall into place we’ll be (effectively) 2 wins ahead of the others with only 4 games left.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Havnt had much time to study the details with Nightshift but with a quick look I’m seeing 8-10th spot getting congested ..a good sign...a miracle comeback for us ?? Surely not..in fact fk off not possible Forget I said anything!

Vic Mackey

Referee
Havnt had much time to study the details with Nightshift but with a quick look I’m seeing 8-10th spot getting congested ..a good sign...a miracle comeback for us ?? Surely not..in fact fk off not possible Forget I said anything!

We’re done mate, too many injures and losing two games in the last minute where we were the better team has cost us.

The unknown

Juniors
We are done. When we couldnt get up against parra for bunjis 300, and getting flogged too, we didnt deserve it.

Yep

It's not that we don't have the ability I just reckon mentally the boys would be deflated. The bulldogs loss was shocking

I really worry if we switch off against knights they do a number on us, they have the team to rack up a score

The unknown

Juniors
Well..as unlikely as it is us winning 3 in a row we still have a pulse and turned the life support machine back on

Cowboys and Rabbits helped us out immensely and if we win and Warriors lose we are back in the 8.

Destiny in our own hands again

simmo05

Bench
Well..as unlikely as it is us winning 3 in a row we still have a pulse and turned the life support machine back on

Cowboys and Rabbits helped us out immensely and if we win and Warriors lose we are back in the 8.

Destiny in our own hands again
We would be cemented in there if we didnt lose 2 hookers in 10 minutes

Vic Mackey

Referee
If we win all 3 we’ll make it. Really comes down to tomorrow, if we win that we should beat Saints and then it’s round 25 at Leichhardt.

I just think we’ve got too many out and knights put us out of our misery around 7pm Saturday