What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DeBellin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Brad Fittler has huge wraps on Sele hence why he picked him for City. Thinks he is a good ball player as well and will show more of that when he gets more comfortable in NRL.

I would love to see JDB as capt one day for the Saints. You can see how much the red V means to him and he is the first to back up his players. A true captain. Should be next in line for sure.

BennyV

Referee
I can see us losing Sele over the next few years. It's a shame, but considering JDB has the 13 jersey locked up, Hame will be too good to be a bench warmer and someone, somewhere will grab him.

mickeylane

Bench
JDB will tighten the middle of the ruck and make our attack more unpredictable.

Jack will lift the rest of the pack.

He will start in a few weeks.
I reckon he will start next week...Ford is terrible and totally uninspiring as a lock...offers zero...

Dragsters

First Grade
I reckon he will start next week...Ford is terrible and totally uninspiring as a lock...offers zero...

I reckon he starts next week too.

Manage his minutes as the game progresses.

Wasn't it nice to see him back in the attacking line and showing some glimpses of that sweet, sweet defense we have missed so much.

Ford is still very much a work in progress but he has time on his side...

Old Timer

Coach
He is coming back to a totally different game that he left 2.5 years ago and he has much to learn and he can only do that with game time under his belt.

His biggest learning curve will be how to position himself in defence now that the game has sped up and especially with teams getting multiple sets.

If people were honest he was a dominant tackler and he sometimes took a bit of time to get back on side after making a couple of big tackles and the game now will not afford him that luxury.

Gaygo

Juniors
He is coming back to a totally different game that he left 2.5 years ago and he has much to learn and he can only do that with game time under his belt.

His biggest learning curve will be how to position himself in defence now that the game has sped up and especially with teams getting multiple sets.

If people were honest he was a dominant tackler and he sometimes took a bit of time to get back on side after making a couple of big tackles and the game now will not afford him that luxury.
You certainly got it right OT when you said it is now a totally different game.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
"Totally different" is a bit of an exaggeration, but of course there have been some changes and new interpretations. JDB will adjust, already seen enough to see that he'll be ok. Besides, any defence issues can be blamed on Dufty.

BBTB

Juniors

Thought, jack had a real good game tonight.

possm

Coach
I'm so glad De Belin is playing again. His defence is certainly a big step in the right direction when it comes to our forward pack. He ran some good lines and will only get better has he gains match fitness.

I think with De Belin, Sims and Bird as our first choice back row, we now only need to look at our prop rotation to have a good forward pack for 2022. We do have some good backup props however, we could do with two beasts to complement Vaughan and Molo.

I'm afraid Ellis is the first to be cut and I would be looking to bring McGuire in to replace De Belin when he needs a rest. So I'm looking with anticipation to see which props the Club signs for 2022.

Sloan, Ramsey and Stewart are enough depth at fullback with one of these along with Schiller being our depth in the centres. I also think that Sullivan And Amon will share the 6 spot next season. So the future looks good with a 17 like this:

1. Sloan
2. Ramsey
3. Schiller, Feagai or Stewart
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa, Feagai
6. Sullivan, Amon
7. Hunt
8. New Beast
9. B Smith
10. Vaughan
11. Sims
12. Bird
13. De Belin

14. Molo
15. New beast
16. McGuire, Burns
17. McCullough

Inisai Toga

Juniors
I'm so glad De Belin is playing again. His defence is certainly a big step in the right direction when it comes to our forward pack. He ran some good lines and will only get better has he gains match fitness.

I think with De Belin, Sims and Bird as our first choice back row, we now only need to look at our prop rotation to have a good forward pack for 2022. We do have some good backup props however, we could do with two beasts to complement Vaughan and Molo.

I'm afraid Ellis is the first to be cut and I would be looking to bring McGuire in to replace De Belin when he needs a rest. So I'm looking with anticipation to see which props the Club signs for 2022.

Sloan, Ramsey and Stewart are enough depth at fullback with one of these along with Schiller being our depth in the centres. I also think that Sullivan And Amon will share the 6 spot next season. So the future looks good with a 17 like this:

1. Sloan
2. Ramsey
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa, Feagai
6. Sullivan, Amon
7. Hunt
8. New Beast
9. B Smith
10. Vaughan
11. Sims
12. Bird
13. De Belin

14. Molo
15. New beast
16. McGuire, Burns
17. McCullough
…agree but I reckon we need at a minimum at least 3 more top line forwards for us to be in in the mix Possum. Too many of the current pack play at a high standard only every 4-5 weeks.

matPORTS

Juniors

1. Sloan
2. Ramsey
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa, Feagai
6. Sullivan, Amon
7. Hunt
8. New Beast
9. B Smith
10. Vaughan
11. Sims
12. Bird
13. De Belin

14. Molo
15. New beast
16. McGuire, Burns
17. McCullough

Hopefully the Feagai Twin, Schiller & Sullivan can get some time in the top grade (but more important get over any injury clouds first) before the end of the season.

Jack de Belin v Raiders

Total minutes played = 58
Our player with the most run metres = 156

Attack
Tackle breaks = 1
Post contact metres = 43

Passing
Receipts = 19

Defence
Tackles made = 31
Tackles missed = 0

Running metres