What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Defensive line

snout

First Grade
In all my years of watching footy lve never seen a defensive line so flatfooted as us.
Actually worse than that - on too many occasions we were peddling backwards.
Coaching under 12s you would tell them to win that advantage line.
This crept in under bomber amd has worsened under heartbreak hanoi.

Confucius say team who stand flatfooted dont - nor deserve to - win anything.

Last edited:

Quigs

Immortal
Yeah Snoutous. It had me yelling and screaming at the screen last night.

Old mate nearly had me evicted from the Corporate Box as my language was a bit too much for his lovely granddaughter who was visiting.

Luckily for me he lost the plot well before I did.

I think what they did last night was a counter action to the week before.
The defensive line in the second half last week was a shocking mess. Very disjointed and not moving as one.
I'm only guessing obviously but from what I could see it looks like a work in progress. They weren't moving up but at least they were trying to stay together. There were a couple of exceptions to this and no surprise that they resulted in tries to the Cows, main culprit being Talakai, who was hooked after his second really bad one cost another try.
I would hope that next game they have improved, or at least have everyone on the same page and moving as a team.
I wouldn't be shocked if Fitz has been in the ear and this is the start of teaching them his way. The Roosters defensive line of the last few years has been like a beautiful dance to watch, the way they move in synchronicity has been amazing.

snout

First Grade
Yeah Snoutous. It had me yelling and screaming at the screen last night.

Old mate nearly had me evicted from the Corporate Box as my language was a bit too much for his lovely granddaughter who was visiting.

Luckily for me he lost the plot well before I did.
A bum team like the cows...a ragtag group of 2nd-raters...a misfit pack of miscreants were going 80 metres a set.
Theyre shit but they looked like the storm at times. If only they could hold a ball.
If they played easts they wouldnt get out of their 20.

Frenzy.

Immortal
In all my years of watching footy lve never seen a defensive line so flatfooted as us.
Actually worse than that - on too many occasions we were peddling backwards.
Coaching under 12s you would tell them to win that advantage line.
This crept in under bomber amd has worsened under heartbreak hanoi.

Confucius say team who stand flatfooted dont - nor deserve to - win anything.

I know you are probably referring to week to week but I have seen a team just as bad.

The Cowboys

Last night

That was a cripple fight.

crazy pineapple

Juniors
Talakai let in two trys with poor reads im suprised he wasn't hooked before halftime.
His attack saved him.
I can definately see Rudolf and Williams playing more front row

Talakai let in two trys with poor reads im suprised he wasn't hooked before halftime.
His attack saved him.
I can definately see Rudolf and Williams playing more front row
Talakai was hooked, not straight away but he was hooked. 46 mins of game time for a starting edge forward, unheard of in the modern game for years.
My only shock is that it hasn't been talked about more on this forum.