What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Denan Kemp

miccle

Bench
Would be happy to see him back, either at fullback or on the wing.

Can't see anyone breaking through the Yow Yeh/Winterstein/Hodges/Folau three quarter line though, so fullback is the go.

Talanexor

Juniors
I haven't seen him play at fullback, is he actually any good there?

I know he has pace and can find the tryline, but what's his defence like? Positioning good, safe under the high ball?

Bowen will be out until at least June 2010 and we have NO depth at fullback. Plus our backline is rubbish (with the exception of Tonga), so I'm sure he'd find a place on the wing once Bowen is back from injury.

Reckon he's worth looking at primarily as a fullback?

Ghoulies

Bench
From what I recall he was safe enough, but his passing game was pretty awful when he was with us.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Reckon he's worth looking at primarily as a fullback?

No but he is better than Ty Williams or Hegarty at fullback. He'd do well for you guys, he could easily play FB till Bowen comes back, then slot him on the wing for Williams who is past his use by date as well.

johnnyg

Juniors
1. Hodges
2. Kemp
3. Glenn
4. Folau
5. Winterstein/Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace

Nice

Beat me to it. Why don't we play Hodges @ Fullback, he can carve them up, remember 06 Semi Final against the dogs?

Kemp/Winterstein on the wings, Folau Yow Yeh/Glenn as Centers.

badav

Bench
Uhh NO! See how sh*t he is this year?

The warriors are a bloody mess. Dumping a winger won't change a thing for them.

I am more than happy for him to come back to the Broncos and confident he will do very well.

Broncos93

Juniors
I'll be happy to take him back. He was amazing for us last year. Although I believe that Josh Hoffman is the next up and coming Karmichael Hunt. Something about him reminds me of K when he was 17.
My ideal lineup would either be
1. Hoffman
2.Winterstein
3. Folau
4.Hodges
5. Kemp
14. Glenn
OR
1. Hodges
2. Winterstein
3. Glenn
4. Folau
5. Kemp

Not a fan of Yow Yeh to be honest, I know he's played well but I believe there's better finishers out there i.e Winterstein, Kemp and Glenn.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Hoffman for mine has shown very little to be excited about. He looks very nervous at the back and made some glaring errors against Penrith in '08. Having said that he is only young and I truly hope better things lie ahead 4 this kid. Yow Yeh on the other hand is really beginning to step up to a higher level, this kid could become a real class finisher if his confidence continues to swell, and beside Hodges is exactly the right place to do it. Kemp can cover fullback and wing and at this point in time would easily be a better option for mine then young Hoffman who has quite a ways to go.:sarcasm:

userlogin

Juniors
1. Hodges
2. Kemp
3. Glenn
4. Folau
5. Winterstein/Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace

Nice

I'd love to see this... Broncodr01d would be against it though :lol:

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I'd be happy to see Kemp return. His combination with Lockyer was becoming very potent before he took off to the Warriors.

But he should definitely not walk back into the starting side. Winterstein and Yow Yeh are carving up on the wing right now, so he would need to show something special to steal a spot from either of them. Especially Yow Yeh, who seems to be learning and improving every week.

If Kemp impressed at fullback in reserve grade, I'd be happy to see him given the chance again, although I'd be just as happy to see Hoffman given a chance to make the No 1 jumper his own.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
I'd be happy to see Kemp return. His combination with Lockyer was becoming very potent before he took off to the Warriors.

But he should definitely not walk back into the starting side. Winterstein and Yow Yeh are carving up on the wing right now, so he would need to show something special to steal a spot from either of them. Especially Yow Yeh, who seems to be learning and improving every week.

If Kemp impressed at fullback in reserve grade, I'd be happy to see him given the chance again, although I'd be just as happy to see Hoffman given a chance to make the No 1 jumper his own.

Not to sure of the extent of Beale injury or when he will be back training at full strength but he should have just as much chance as Hoffman at getting that vacant FB spot. If Beale returns fine from injury then IMO I would rather Beale over Hoffman at this stage.

hellteam

First Grade
Kemp is not a fullback in my opinion. Fullback's these days need a ball playing game and to be honest his passing etc sucks.

Good winger but.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Kemp is not a fullback in my opinion. Fullback's these days need a ball playing game and to be honest his passing etc sucks.

Good winger but.

That didn't stop Slater...

Kemp is still very young and when K first started he didn't have much of a ball playing game either. We have 0 fullbacks that have much of a ball playing game anyway. Kemp would be just as good as Hoffman/Beale in the ball playing department anyways.

Last edited:

Ghoulies

Bench
That didn't stop Slater...

Kemp is still very young and when K first started he didn't have much of a ball playing game either. We have 0 fullbacks that have much of a ball playing game anyway. Kemp would be just as good as Hoffman/Beale in the ball playing department anyways.
Good point. Some might not recall this, but Hunt's passing game was well below average when he first entered first grade; I think you could count the amount accurate spiral passes he threw during his first 2 seasons on one hand.

If we did decide on Kemp as our fullback for next year I'm sure he could eventually be moulded into a decent link man in our back line.

hellteam

First Grade
Hunt was a five eight in his younger days so he had experience in it...kemp played soccer until about 4 years ago, just don't think he's got it in him really

beads6

First Grade
I think it would be good for the Broncos to not have to rely on the second man play all the time. Kemp has good enough hands to pass the ball. He will learn what to do after all he will be learning from the best fullback of all time.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
I can see Kemp being a similar style fullback to Slater.
If we do sign Kemp, which I really hope we do I can see him chasing many chips/grubbers in behind the line :D.