What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dennis Scott ?

vlad

juniors
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/07/14/1089694426160.html

Prop Dennis Scott is believed to have attracted interest from Melbourne and Wests Tigers.

Scott.jpg

Date Of Birth 15/06/1976
Position Prop/second row
Height 187cm
Weight 100kg
State Of Origin nil
Tests nil
Birthplace Moranbah Qld
Junior Club Moranbah, Mackay Brothers
Previous Clubs - Brisbane
Personal Notes - Regularly in first grade last season, with consistent high work rate and versatility in the forwards. A 'must-have' player for any successful club

----------

HOT028

Juniors
This is a joke, why are we always linked to nobodys but are never linked to good first graders?

Gus22

Juniors
Good player. Carts the ball up strongly. Would be a welcome addition. Still not the lunatic I think we need. I say get both Scott & BEATTIE.

Miracle Balls

Juniors
Good, honest player but couldn't imagine Canterbury not doing everything in their power to keep him now that they've lost Price.

Anonymous

Juniors
Do some of you actually watch the footy? He was outstanding against us. He's a good player. I'd love to see him a Tiger.

Tigerpete

Juniors
haha, yeah 28, the prime of his career. I think he would be good. Add a little competition up front, and he's a goer, not one to take a backward step. One things for sure he'll go all day long.

No Skandalis isn't. But why offer good money to a new player who may only be with us for 2 years when we could use that money for a good young forward (not that there are many left :evil: )

scottie b

Juniors
Not comparing the ability of Dennis Scott to Steve Price but Price is 31 and signed a new contract for 3 years meaning he will be 34 at the end of it. Therefore, you could assume that we would get a lot more than 2 years out of Dennis Scott.

28 is not that old for a Front Rower especially with the mobilty that Scott has. I think he would be a solid buy and would add to the team which I think is what you're looking for from any new signing, to make the team better.

Besides, signing a good young forward doesn't mean they are going to be around for years. They could suffer a career ending injury after 5 minutes. That's the gamble you take with signing or re-signing any player

If we signed a good young forward, the rorters will probably end up pinching him anyway ;-)

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I'd sign him for sure.

Isnt a superstar, but he is a prop and we need props. Would go better than the likes of Patterson, that's for sure.

yappy

Bench
The only real issue is that he isn't the biggest Front rower around and the Tiges really need an enforcer. You ain't likely to get one of them though so if signing Scott kills any talk of playing Laffranchi up front that in itself would be a positive. He's averaging 11 h/ups, 100m, and 20 odd tackles so he puts in and would at least give Skandalis a serious helping hand.

Vicious

Bench
Scott is a good player,no doubt about it.I don`t think he`d leave the Bulldogs unless we made him a pretty good offer,i`m predicting 150k+ and I doubt he`s worth that much!As for inforcers,Mark Merideth,Robert Tanielu and Kylie Leuluai(depending his availability) all have the potential to play that role for us!

Latest posts