What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury

Wizardman

First Grade
Wilder may well have beaten any other heavyweight yesterday, especially early on he looked great. Then Fury got warmed up and turned it on.
Wilder made up for lack of skill with unbelievable grit. Often, that is enough in combat sport. Unfortunately for him, Fury showed some grit as well.
Wilder has copped a PR beating over his reaction to the loss. In saying that, I find it hard to knock a man who was as determined as he was. I hope at some point in the future, the two fighters come together in respect. I get the feeling they will one day. I have respect for both men.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Wilder made up for lack of skill with unbelievable grit. Often, that is enough in combat sport. Unfortunately for him, Fury showed some grit as well.
Wilder has copped a PR beating over his reaction to the loss. In saying that, I find it hard to knock a man who was as determined as he was. I hope at some point in the future, the two fighters come together in respect. I get the feeling they will one day. I have respect for both men.
Yeah I don't get this. Fans want blokes to go out there and be absolute savages, take 6 months of fight camp to rile themselves up into such a frenzied state to go into battle and then at the end of the bell we want and expect them to become gentleman and shake each others hands and kiss and cuddle. For some people, it can't be as easy as that.

Hopefully in the future they can be amicable but there was some shit flung from both camps in the lead up to the fight, wouldn't surprise me if they can't.

Smug Panther

First Grade
wasn’t so much a size thing with Holyfield though, while he had a bit of height on Tyson, Evander was a pretty small heavyweight overall, he was basically a bulked up cruiserweight. I think he just got on top of Tyson psychologically, Mike was used to opponents being shit scared of his power, when Holyfield took him on fearlessly he freaked out.
Holyfield is one of the dirtiest fighters in the sports history. The amount of headbutts he got away with was disgraceful

Latest posts