What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Depressed---

Anonymous

Juniors
Its all a numbers game: 74-4, 42-12, 37 years and jack schitt. Or is that 38 years now? The most unsuccessful club in the history of the game and one which has suffered the biggest loss since 1935.

If they gave Newtown and Norths the flick for being broke, unsuccessful, and geographically challenged, then why the f**k are the Sharks still allowed to hang out in Cronulla?

wittyfan

Referee
Willow said:
Its all a numbers game: 74-4, 42-12, 37 years and jack schitt. Or is that 38 years now? The most unsuccessful club in the history of the game and one which has suffered the biggest loss since 1935.

If they gave Newtown and Norths the flick for being broke, unsuccessful, and geographically challenged, then why the f**k are the Sharks still allowed to hang out in Cronulla?

At least we didn't have to merge. ;-)

70-10, 61-0.....it's just numbers of course. :)

Anonymous

Juniors
Ah yes, but you miss the point, numbers mean little when faced with facts.

You still haven't addressed the basic issue. Why is it that clubs like Newtown and Norths were shunted out of first grade while the Sharks remain?

The League cited 1.) geographical, 2.) lack of on-field success, and 3.) financial problems as being the main contributing factors to the demise of these clubs.

Can you give me one good reason why the League should indulge a club which fails the test on these three basic points?

wittyfan

Referee
Willow said:

You still haven't addressed the basic issue. Why is it that clubs like Newtown and Norths were shunted out of first grade while the Sharks remain?

The League cited 1.) geographical, 2.) lack of on-field success, and 3.) financial problems as being the main contributing factors to the demise of these clubs.

Can you give me one good reason why the League should indulge a club which fails the test on these three basic points?

If the Sharks had failed those three things, they would no longer be in the competition. Newtown and Norths both could no longer support themselves and folded, whereas Cronulla can. St. George and Illawarra had a bleak future back in 1998, so they did what was best and merged. Cronulla were never in a position where they had to form a merger with another team.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Willow said:

To give the 15 year-old drunks somewhere t go of a Saturday night??

Cheers,
Ben S.

Ribs

Bench
I dont see why people continually say that both Saints and the Steelers had a bleak future.

Saints didnt have a bleak future at all, The Steelers did.

As for Cronulla, your answer that had they failed on those three points they'd be gone.

The are geographically positioned between two merged sides so you fail on that one. Your on field success is not worth discussing and your club is a financial disgrace.

I say off with its head.

wittyfan

Referee
Ribs said:
I dont see why people continually say that both Saints and the Steelers had a bleak future.

Saints didnt have a bleak future at all, The Steelers did.

As for Cronulla, your answer that had they failed on those three points they'd be gone.

The are geographically positioned between two merged sides so you fail on that one. Your on field success is not worth discussing and your club is a financial disgrace.

I say off with its head.

Lack of on field success? Ha! We're just one win behind your mob who have apparently "turned the corner" under the coaching of waterboy.

weasel

First Grade
Early days still, Sullyfan. The difference may be only one win on the Ladder but it was thirty points on the scoreboard. :p

Ribs

Bench
Numb nuts, its pretty obvious that your team has never had any success whatsoever.

I cant for the life of me work out why you are trolling in here less than two weeks after we humiliated you in front of a record crowd.

F*ck that was a good night.

wittyfan

Referee
Ribs said:
I cant for the life of me work out why you are trolling in here less than two weeks after we humiliated you in front of a record crowd.

Because the slide for you club is now on and I'm getting in early. :)

St. George-Illawarra are a new club with no tradition. Talk of success pre-1999 doesn't count. :)

Ribs

Bench
Oh, that old chestnut again.....

The mere fact that you pathetic little wannabes keep harping on about the history of our club just shows how truly desperate you are to make your own pitiful club look better in comparison.

Its not working. Your club doesnt, and never will, have anything over us. I have to laugh about the fact that whenever the ground record is remembered at your swamp, it will conjure up memories of a 42 - 12 HAMMERING.

It was also pretty funny listening to your toothless dick of a coach call us St George on every single occasion.

wittyfan

Referee
Ribs said:
It was also pretty funny listening to your toothless dick of a coach call us St George on every single occasion.

At least he's a proper coach, not a waterboy posing as one. :p

Ribs

Bench
So you keep saying. Please tell me thats not all you have?

I couldnt be happier about Brown as Coach and I hope he is there long term, a great Saints man and potentiallly a great coach.

Southernsaint

Staff member
sullyfan said:
At least he's a proper coach, not a waterboy posing as one. :p

If my Gran was coach of Wigan she could win the Challenge Cup - it isn't Rocket Science...

Raper's answer to The Scum's poor form was a drinking session at Dave's Place!!

Cheers,
Ben S.

Surely

Post Whore
Willow said:

That sounds like your team really !

Latest posts