What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did anyone else notice this ???

marty_dragon

Juniors
i was looking forward to reading the sunady sports section in the papers after a great win by the dragons. The tele had big dell on the front cover of the sports liftout but when i got to the herald there was nothing on the dragons game... i looked through it again to see if i was going crazy and to my relief it wasent there.... fair enough they f**ked up, so i didnt think much about it....

Then this morning when im browsing the tele There is a section where matt john's (the f**king lil weasel) writes and article about the contenders for the semis ect he goes on to write about every team from first to ninth, but somehow misses out on writing something on the dragons.. so thats twice in two days we have been ignored by the media.. its just dissapointing when you look forward to reading good things about your team and they fail to give you a mention...seems these days they are more interseted in defaming players (is that the word ) rather than writing up some good footy articles!

leaguelover3

juniors
i was looking forward to reading the sunady sports section in the papers after a great win by the dragons. The tele had big dell on the front cover of the sports liftout but when i got to the herald there was nothing on the dragons game... i looked through it again to see if i was going crazy and to my relief it wasent there.... fair enough they f**ked up, so i didnt think much about it....

Then this morning when im browsing the tele There is a section where matt john's (the f**king lil weasel) writes and article about the contenders for the semis ect he goes on to write about every team from first to ninth, but somehow misses out on writing something on the dragons.. so thats twice in two days we have been ignored by the media.. its just dissapointing when you look forward to reading good things about your team and they fail to give you a mention...seems these days they are more interseted in defaming players (is that the word ) rather than writing up some good footy articles!

Thats better they write nothing, its called under the radar, but i dare say there will be articles galore soon building the REDV up and taking delight in kicking them when and if they get knocked out.

Stop asking for coverage !!:x

marty_dragon

Juniors
im not asking for a 10 page spread but sometimes its good to hear what so called experts say about your team.

watatank

Coach
After years and years of everyone talking us up with no success I'd rather the media write nothing.

drake

First Grade
Matt Johns hates the Dragons; he told me to my face.

We could be ahead 100 - 0 and still he'd talk up the other team.

drake

First Grade
Parramatta mall, I joked and said "You don't want to hear my opinion, I'm a Dragon's man."
"You're right mate, i hate the Dragons hahaha"

Godz Illa

Coach
Fairfax journalists have been on strike since late last week. The Herald has been running on empty for a few days now. Waste of money buying it until those skilled wordsmiths return (today I think)

paulyt

Juniors
They were talking us up on the Sunday Roast, they all said we're contenders. Even Johns iirc

God-King Dean

Immortal
I can't hate Matty Johns as much as I should...

A couple of years ago I went to Manly via the ferry & lost my ticket. I was 20c short of getting another ticket. This lady asked me if I need some cash. She asked her husband who was looking the other way for a buck. He turned around & it was none other than Matty Johns. :lol:

So yeah... if it wasn't for him I;d still be in Manly. :lol:

leaguelover3

juniors
im not asking for a 10 page spread but sometimes its good to hear what so called experts say about your team.

Marty alll good, but trust me, you dont even want 1 page, not sure if youre a young fella and havent seen over the last 10-15 yrs how the media take delight in pumping us up and then getting in when we apparently choke, but either way its been happening for yrs.

You will also see the Ricky Stuarts pump other sides up and play theres down, u will see Gould do the same.

U will see the likes of Stuart whinge abt a fair go from refs, in the end the attention comes to Saints this time of yr, we sell papers.

marty_dragon

Juniors
Marty alll good, but trust me, you dont even want 1 page, not sure if youre a young fella and havent seen over the last 10-15 yrs how the media take delight in pumping us up and then getting in when we apparently choke, but either way its been happening for yrs.

You will also see the Ricky Stuarts pump other sides up and play theres down, u will see Gould do the same.

U will see the likes of Stuart whinge abt a fair go from refs, in the end the attention comes to Saints this time of yr, we sell papers.

ye i know what you mean and what your saying is definately true about stuart gould ect... but as long as you knw where im coming from! :)

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I noticed this as well especially the Matt Johns article. What a joke that was. I thought I was going mad.

I also notice that when a Dragons player leaves the club and signs somewhere else it is big news and the articles are massive as if to say sucked in Dragons supporters yet when they re-sign a player like they did Cooper it was no where to be seen.

These Journo's must have grown up during the 50's and 60's and their families were die hard Wests / Balmain or other teams supporters taht the Dragons beat in the GF hence the hate for the Dragons.

Just like the referees.

Jasdragon

Juniors
I think the less we here about us the better! Let them pump up the Sharks, then give it to them when they choke.

Especially for you, marty dragon:

Matt Johns said:
Dragons
A real dark horse, the Dragons are improving rapidly and are more than capable of winning the title. The recent pick-up of Ben Rogers could be a beauty as it gives their halves more depth and creativity. The backrow combination of Greagh and Scott can match it with any backrow in the league and their centres speak for themselves. Big game coming up this Friday Against Roosters.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,24270873-5016307,00.html

Either he hurriedly wrote it this morning (complete with dodgy spelling) or else a sneaky sub-editor on the print edition managed to lose it.

Latest posts