What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did the Telegraph fail in an attempt to bag League?

HevyDevy

Coach
El Diablo said:
if they didn't use it, it would surely leave Mr Delizio wondering why on Earth he was contacted.

the Telegraph seem to love having a go at League and we often read articles where they've contacted someone as to get a story.

Actually I would say the Tele is the greatest supporter of League in Sydney, but you seem to have a different opinion on that

[furrycat]

Coach
... That is why school zones are just what they are...

You go 40km/h and you can stop up to 20 metres faster than if you were going 60.

Going 78 is just stupid... If someone ran out onto the road, he'd be facing a vehicular manslaughter charge.

Idiot.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
HevyDevy said:
Actually I would say the Tele is the greatest supporter of League in Sydney, but you seem to have a different opinion on that

Have you ever read a copy of the Tele?

hrundi99

First Grade
International RL said:
oh FFS pal...I've had about jack with the state governments demonising of speeders. Go arrest some drug dealers.

Wow. Just...wow.

:crazy:

[furrycat]

Coach
What is the #1 factor in accidents caused in this state and indeed the nation?

...Speeding.

Why shouldn't they crack down on it?
I've lost close friends to other stupid drivers speeding, losing control and taking the lives of innocent road users.

El Diablo

Post Whore
HevyDevy said:

lmao

the same paper that had the Tigers gang rape headline?

the Telegraph do all they can to rubbish league with their amateur journos

HevyDevy

Coach
The Tele relies heavily on league and the vice-versa. It's fact. They're certainly not trying to destroy it.

I agree with the Tigers headline 100 percent - can't believe they printed that - but in general they give league more coverage than every other media organisation combined.

meltiger

First Grade
macavity said:
go learn to drive MT :sarcasm:

Why would I want to do that and risk being killed by a f**kwitted driver who doesn't think they have to follow the law?

Cars are an unneccesary luxury item. Public transport continues to do me just fine...

El Diablo

Post Whore
HevyDevy said:
The Tele relies heavily on league and the vice-versa. It's fact. They're certainly not trying to destroy it.

I agree with the Tigers headline 100 percent - can't believe they printed that - but in general they give league more coverage than every other media organisation combined.

Could've fooled me. i wouldn't buy it if you paid me.

Mr Saab

Referee
HevyDevy said:

Oh yes, a "great" supporter.
That is why when the GF was on for both codes, the Swans recieved double the coverage compared to the NRL.
We have "great" headlines like gang rape when there was no such thing.
Yeah i am a massive fan of Hooper and Ritchie...oh and dont forget Beccy Wilson...she is my hero....narky voice and all!!!!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
HD works/worked for Big League from memory.

Either way, the way the Tele has treated League in many respects is a disgrace. It truly dragged it's name through the mud through the Bulldogs debacles, made sure no stone was left unturned. Every minor incident is inflated for Beccy Wilson to have a stab at and flout her mannish opinion. A joke of a paper.

It may give league more exposure but when something negative comes out they're the first to jump on it... while any AFL bad news is swept into a 2cm x 4cm corner and dismissed by all. Quite simply for every 4 days of good news coverage, 1 day of negative press is enough to tarnish our image for years.

bulldog

Bench
Just Another 'Dogs Supporter said:
Quite simply for every 4 days of good news coverage, 1 day of negative press is enough to tarnish our image for years.

:thumn

TIGERS GANG RAPE

They may classify themselves as a League friendly paper, but they are a rag that thrives on controversy and innuendo, I finally woke up and stopped buying the garbage.

HevyDevy

Coach
Ask the NRL if they want the Tele to stop writing that sh*t. The PR line says yes, reality says no. League thrives on controversy.

bulldog

Bench
I don't want to see League walk the same road as the AwFuL and start trying to regulate and manipulate the media through "favourable coverage" deals, but it would be good if the Telecrap didn't sink the boot in so hard and so often.

innsaneink

Referee
Mr Saab said:
Oh yes, a "great" supporter.
That is why when the GF was on for both codes, the Swans recieved double the coverage compared to the NRL.
We have "great" headlines like gang rape when there was no such thing.
Yeah i am a massive fan of Hooper and Ritchie...oh and dont forget Beccy Wilson...she is my hero....narky voice and all!!!!

Gee, I wonder why they'd focus on the Sydney Swans, a Sydney/NSW newspaper of all things, rather than more on the Brisbane and melbourne league teams.
Its hardly brain surgery.