What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did We Buy Into The Hype

Did You Buy Into The Hype?

• Yes

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters

Ozzi_78

First Grade
inconsistent so far
i really expected they would be better than what happened sunday and that kind of performance was no longer there in the squad.
oh well.
Depth is shallow, as soon and BHU and DF are gone we have lost our way. We need a big merkin or 2. Our X factor in the backline too is non existent.

Who have we beaten?

Parramatta the only noteworthy scalp
and they've been patchy.

losses to the raiders twice, broncos, melbourne and almost let up a record breaking come back to manly.

a bit of adversity now with injury.
will have to dig deep.
typically struggle against the titans on the coast.
coming off the back of a win for them certainly won't be a walk in the park.

long way to go.

sladden road

Juniors
Well for mine I believe that we are on the right path. I was suprised that it seemed to work so early . So yeah if that defines hype, I’m all in.
Whatever happens this year it will be better then the last few. With astute cap management and therefore buying combined with a cohesive league club/ management/ business whatever.. we will challenge over the next few years.

I’ll keep buying…

Quicksilver

Bench
Well for mine I believe that we are on the right path. I was suprised that it seemed to work so early . So yeah if that defines hype, I’m all in.
Whatever happens this year it will be better then the last few. With astute cap management and therefore buying combined with a cohesive league club/ management/ business whatever.. we will challenge over the next few years.

I’ll keep buying…
It'll most likely be better than last year.

The last few... Maybe not. We'll have to wait and see.

ghoti

Bench
I feel like 7th place is at least where we belong for now! Lot of improvement to come if they want it, but the top four tag was heaps f**ken misleading.

SharkShocked

Bench
The stark difference in the way we were playing in the first 6 weeks to now is very concerning.

Defensively the biggest worry, the cohesion has also gone to shit

DJDL

Bench
We have lost our 2 forward leaders and don’t have the depth to deal with it. We are where we are and will come good.

Spot on. BHU has missed the last 6 weeks and Dale is about the same.

For all the talk in the off-season of depth I think it’s glaringly obvious the drop from those two to the rest.

We seriously need reinforcements up front.

Weaponhead

Coach
4 and 1 start got everyone excited, which is to be expected. Attacking footy with a more committed defensive mindset. Lots of talk of top 4.

The last 7 games are 3 and 4 with some real stinkers thrown in. The gap between best and worst is much too wide. When Dale is playing the other forwards seem to rise to his intensity when he is not they clock off too easily.

7th place is a fair read right now. Fitzgibbon will be realistic, yet annoyed at the lack of focus and application. The pattern of being bullied by bigger packs who offload is clear. Don't have the firepower up front yet. Some big recruitment calls need to be made.

lolesi

First Grade
lack of metres through the middle is a huge concern without dale and bhu. the results won’t change until it’s addressed or they are back.

our sideway movement is now pretty easy to defend. teams just slide and let us take ourselves to the corner… without the middle movement it’s quite ugly to watch and incredibly predictable

katoa needs a spell

Latest posts