What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did We Get The 2-5 Wrong Today?

Big Bloke

Juniors
big changes to our named backline today.

Xerri selected at centre playing on the left wing.

Feki normally on the left wing plays on the right wing

Dugan, selected on the wing plays at right centre

Josh Morris the only one playing in his selected position.

For me it should be this way:

Feki (LW)
Xerri (LC)
Morris (RC)
Dugan (RW)

Stake Removed

First Grade
Yes horribly wrong. Dugan has an ego that prevents him playing wing I assume.

Remember Gall said something about this weeks ago, it seems that now coach Morris announces team with Dugan on wing but when they run out Xerri is on wing

Stake Removed

First Grade
big changes to our named backline today.

Xerri selected at centre playing on the left wing.

Feki normally on the left wing plays on the right wing

Dugan, selected on the wing plays at right centre

Josh Morris the only one playing in his selected position.

For me it should be this way:

Feki (LW)
Xerri (LC)
Morris (RC)
Dugan (RW)

I would go

Capewell (LW)
Morris (LC)
Xerri (RC)
Dugan (RW)

Xerri/Dugan can interchange, but Xerri needs ball in hand

bluefox68

Staff member
Jack Williams did not handle starting...

Prior to bench.

Bukuya to Jets.

Woods & TPP start.

Capewell more minutes.

I shudder to say it, as I’ve been so harsh on him, but Feki did pretty well yesterday...

Ads

First Grade
Jack Williams did not handle starting...

Prior to bench.

Bukuya to Jets.

Woods & TPP start.

Capewell more minutes.

I shudder to say it, as I’ve been so harsh on him, but Feki did pretty well yesterday...

Harsh on Williams. He’s usually on with two props. Playing him as a prop wasn’t the right call.

Surely

Post Whore
Lol yeah xerri was the problem

Where was he back on the line To defend a possible last tackle kick miles away from williams

If you want to pick up on that how about nikora running into a player leading to a disallowed try.

I digress though they were far from the problem

It was Chad Moylan and Johnson in that order.

That was a standard kick & it was perfectly placed. Unfortunately the Dogs winger, did the wrong thing & stayed back instead of jamming. Against he Storm or Roosters the kick was the correct option

That was a standard kick & it was perfectly placed. Unfortunately the Dogs winger, did the wrong thing & stayed back instead of jamming. Against he Storm or Roosters the kick was the correct option
Not with a 4 on 2 metres from the line it wasn’t. Passing it out line keeping the ball the hand to run it for the try was 100% the correct option.

Poor read Chad. I’m a Chad fan but choosing the kick option killed off any chance he had of playing Origin.

Ads

First Grade
So not the perfect kick? Chad looked up and read the situation and kicked it straight away. No disguise. Went for the hero play instead of walking it in.

Craigshark

First Grade
He passes to Xerri, he scores untouched. Even if they somehow tackle him, we still have 4 f**ken tackles up our sleeves with over a minute to go with the worst team in the comp on the back foot and scrambling. Shit play Chad

roboshark

Coach
We blew that game harder then any blowing that has ever occured in any brothel anywhere in the world

I'm.still pissed off

wibble

Bench
Lol yeah xerri was the problem

Where was he back on the line To defend a possible last tackle kick miles away from williams

If you want to pick up on that how about nikora running into a player leading to a disallowed try.

I digress though they were far from the problem

It was Chad Moylan and Johnson in that order.

Yeah, Nikora and Xerri made some poor mistakes, but they were rookie mistakes and they have made them all season. It happens with rookies. You take the good with the bad.

But Moylan, Johnson and Townsend together just stunk the joint up. They are all experienced and the "no time to gel" excuse doesn't really cut it, when the team was just fine when those experienced guys weren't all together.

Those spine players have got to get their act together rather quickly, or top 4 and a serious chance, which should be the minimum with the squad we have, will be long gone.