What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did we play better without Soward?

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Did we play better without Soward? Yes. Seeing that side try like that for 80 minutes, as one, will do me anytime. Credit where it's due to Newcastle, they are a quality side.

It was a great win, let's not forget if Prior catches that Nightingale bat back and Dugan grounds the ball early in the first half it may have been easier. I thought Morris' try should have been allowed as well.

Really? They've won 1 from their last 6 now. They're far from a quality side. They had a strong start to the season, but they're sliding down to where they should be on the table.

We played better because our forwards like De Belin played strongly and King + Dugan had blinders. The halves change had little to do with it... Stanley opened the game well, but he ended up just playing as an additional center. Our kicking game struggled, and will continue to with only having 3 part time kickers having the duties (Fien, Dugan and King). Come up against a side that will mount defensive pressure on the halves and we'll come up short.

The Morris no try was also the correct call... Green was about a foot in front of the play when the ball deflected.

It was fantastic to finally get another win but we'll struggle to win one out of our next 5 IMO (we may jag a win against the Cowboys or Panthers depending on what team shows up).

Last edited:

possm

Coach
At 6, I would currently put K Stanley and Farrel ahead of Beale. I think Beale will play centre in 2014.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Fine certainly stepped up and played well, but he had to. Stanley filled a spot but doesn't kick. The next few weeks will be interesting to see if Stanley can add anything to his play and more importantly, what happens as opposition teams target Fein as our "go to man" and reduce his time and space. I know Duges is going great at fullback but I do wonder what would happen if he played at 5/8, got his hands on the ball more often and provided another kicking option to the team.

Its really the same old same old isn't it ...if we move Dugan to 5/8 then we don't have a fullback do we really.......all that aside what we need is (and it doesn't look like happening this year) a genuine half back, at least 1 more prop possibly 2 and 1 more centre...if we have that covered then I'm looking forward to 2014

karuah6

Juniors
Its really the same old same old isn't it ...if we move Dugan to 5/8 then we don't have a fullback do we really.......all that aside what we need is (and it doesn't look like happening this year) a genuine half back, at least 1 more prop possibly 2 and 1 more centre...if we have that covered then I'm looking forward to 2014

Totally agree. What no change of coach. Just kidding:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: