What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Different year, different team, same dogshit

stryker

First Grade
Very poor effort.
3 players in the spine aren’t first graders
Discipline shit
Defence fell apart
No game plan
No execution

f**k all of them

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Here are 3 positives

1. Defence showed a great deal of improvement in first half
2. New players all played well;
3. When we had the ball we were able to make metres with it. This has always been a huge problem

Too early to throw the toys out of the pram but I do tend to think:
- BJ Leilua may not see out the season with us. Madge is not going to put up with his dumb shit for too long.
- Luke Garner needs to lift. Really poor in defence and that brain snap to start the second half was a huge moment in the game
- Mbye is not a half. The most we can hope from him is some injury cover off the bench throughout the year.

Last edited:

The Rosco

Bench
Yep Mario, that's all pretty much spot on.
Joey was always gonna be the big man and teach Canberra a lesson single handed. It only got worse when his bro got hit late/high/forearm/head. Every thing BJ did from there was fuelled and blinded by revenge. You could just see he was gonna fkk up every single time he got the ball. Even 60 minutes after LL was hit, BJ was still seeing red.
Garner pissed me off when he single handedly gave his team a reaming early in the second half when he half tackled Wighton for absolutely SFA net result after he put a kick through.
The resulting 12 minutes of Canberra camped on our line cost us points and smoked any chance we had of staying in the game.
To say it was the turning point of the game is so revoltingly obvious it still makes me sick now.
The worst of it was to see Garner and Wighton share a laugh over it as if they were u/14 team mates somewhere.
I was disappointed with Liddle. Jesus H Christ on horseback !!! how many fkking forward passes did he throw ??!!!
For a team that pumped Manly in so many different ways . . . we barely put a single fair dinkum attacking shot at Canberra all day.
Laurie was well marked and didn't have much effect, but still played well. Luciano, Joffa, Stefano played well. Tamou went OK.
BJ, Moombeye and Garner can step aside now for very little net loss.
Liddle and Brooks really need to step up.
AJ looked lost. Could Fitzgibbon have been a worse option ? not on today's effort.
Until today, I was a Brooks and Liddle fan.
Until today, I thought we were gonna do OK this year. To be fair, until Garner shat on his mates just after HT, I was nearly right.

Last edited:

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Yep Mario, that's all pretty much spot on.
Joey was always gonna be the big man and teach Canberra a lesson single handed. It only got worse when his bro got hit late/high/forearm/head. Every thing BJ did from there was fuelled and blinded by revenge. You could just see he was gonna fkk up every single time he got the ball. Even 60 minutes after LL was hit, BJ was still seeing red.
Garner pissed me off when he single handedly gave his team a reaming early in the second half when he half tackled Wighton for absolutely SFA net result after he put a kick through.
The resulting 12 minutes of Canberra camped on our line cost us 8 points and smoked any chance we had of staying in the game.
To say it was the turning point of the game is so revoltingly obvious it still makes me sick now.
The worst of it was to see Garner and Wighton share a laugh over it as if they were u/14 team mates somewhere.
Moombeye can fkk off right now.
I was disappointed with Liddle. Jesus H Christ on horseback !!! how many fkking forward passes did he throw ??!!!
For a team that pumped Manly in so many ways . . . we didn't put a single fair dinkum attacking shot at Canberra all day.
Laurie was well marked and didn't have much effect, but still played well. Luciano, Joffa, Stefano played well. Tamou went OK.
BJ, Brooks, Liddle Moombeye and Garner really need to step up. Until today, I was a Brooks and Liddle fan.

Brooks has form for standing in front of the hooker at first receiver and was up to his old tricks again today.

Can't understand why he doesnt stand deeper. Quite often he reaches behind himself to catch the ball at first receiver which again is terrible halfback play. Surely catch it with two hands out in front?

Liddle should have come off for a break I thought. Mbye can relieve him for 20 mins either side of half time next week.

BrotherJim05

Bench
BJ needs a long stint in NSW cup. I'd rather see Talau have a crack than see this dumbass continue to bring the collective IQ down.

Forward pack were very good. Solid defence, made good metres. Effort was definitely there.

Brooks and Mbye are the worst halves pairing I've ever seen. Neither had any control of the game. Brooks couldnt organise a root in a brothel.

I want to say "I hope Madge flogs them" but you know they wont be able to handle a spray and will cry to the media. I just hope they learn from their mistakes.

Laurie and Luciano were great.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Here are 3 positives

1. Defence showed a great deal of improvement in first half
2. New players all played well;
3. When we had the ball we were able to make metres with it. This has always been a huge problem

Too early to throw the toys out of the pram but I do tend to think:
- BJ Leilua may not see out the season with us. Madge is not going to put up with his dumb shit for too long.
- Luke Garner needs to lift. Really poor in defence and that brain snap to start the second half was a huge moment in the game
- Mbye is not a half. The most we can hope from him is some injury cover off the bench throughout the year.

Good post and going back over the game isn’t as bad as it all seems. For starters there are a group of five teams Miles ahead of everyone else, the Raiders are firmly in this 5. From 6- 13 there isn’t going to be much seperating them.

The Raiders scored 2 tries off (fairly lucky) kicks and the other off a broken play turn over which should have been a try to us.
All 5 of their tries were after they got the ball from our mistake. They didn’t roll their way down field like teams so often do to us.

We won the territory when it was set for set. Yes we struggled when we got down that end however we had 3 new players in our spine. It’s not going to come together immediately. The Raiders have had virtually the same team for 3 years now, it clicks much easier for them.

Whilst our 6&7 were horrendous one of them is gone this week and there is a genuine alternative (Madden) if the 7 continues the shit.

The 2 glaring selections for mine:

Garner needs to go, his defence is barely nsw cup standard. We also need a left winger. Kepeoa has potential but isn’t there. It was a tough pass from Laurie early in the game but a first grade winger needs to take those. The break we made he stuffed up which caused the turn over and a 12 point turn around.

I’m not expecting us to beat the Roosters, will likely see a similar scoreline to yesterday, however we can handle these losses. It’s the 6-16 teams we need to make it count against. If we win 60% of games against them we make the finals.

Tigerm

First Grade
Good post and going back over the game isn’t as bad as it all seems. For starters there are a group of five teams Miles ahead of everyone else, the Raiders are firmly in this 5. From 6- 13 there isn’t going to be much seperating them.

The Raiders scored 2 tries off (fairly lucky) kicks and the other off a broken play turn over which should have been a try to us.
All 5 of their tries were after they got the ball from our mistake. They didn’t roll their way down field like teams so often do to us.

We won the territory when it was set for set. Yes we struggled when we got down that end however we had 3 new players in our spine. It’s not going to come together immediately. The Raiders have had virtually the same team for 3 years now, it clicks much easier for them.

Whilst our 6&7 were horrendous one of them is gone this week and there is a genuine alternative (Madden) if the 7 continues the shit.

The 2 glaring selections for mine:

Garner needs to go, his defence is barely nsw cup standard. We also need a left winger. Kepeoa has potential but isn’t there. It was a tough pass from Laurie early in the game but a first grade winger needs to take those. The break we made he stuffed up which caused the turn over and a 12 point turn around.

I’m not expecting us to beat the Roosters, will likely see a similar scoreline to yesterday, however we can handle these losses. It’s the 6-16 teams we need to make it count against. If we win 60% of games against them we make the finals.
Good post as well Vic.

we need to remember none of us were really thinking of minor premiership seriously.

TBH, 8th would be great, 7th would be exceeding expectations.

looking at the ladder, the usual suspects are already leading the comp (bar Rabbits), so we still have our work cut out, we do have a reasonable team. I don’t see any value in chopping and changing the team on a regular basis at this stage, it was R1, even though disappointing.

Tigerm

First Grade
It's a shame we had to let him go to get Laurie this year. As much as I love Momo, I don't think I could have tolerated another year of not having a fullback.

Here's another. Brooks was 100% with goal kicking.
I wonder who will kick next week? Such a luxury to have options in this area for a change.

#9 Good post Vic.

I was going to post on the game chat - but this is as good as.

Try 1 Rapana, Nofa had it covered but it came off Garner's leg and, there's the try,
Try 2 James simply picked out the little guy in Laurie (this was when Twal was off covering the ruck)

The Williams disallowed try - if Laurie was not held off the ball, could he have scored? we'll never know but 14-6 could have been 14-12 - but we cannot change that now.

Try 3 Young, terrible leap by Kepeoa (even little Corey Thompson used to have a go) but a great pass for the Canberra try.

Try 4 Nicoll-Klokstad, Kepeoa showed inexperience, he could have kicked (Brooks was actually pointing ahead), passed earlier or taken the tackle, poor pass picked up by Canberra and....

So if the 1st try didn't happen everything after that doesn't happen but unfortunately, well here we are talking about how bad they were.

I think a lot comes back to not only the on field management, in the forwards I think Tamou led them well and was supported by all except Garner. In the backs, well they were not led by the halves but for experienced and representative grade centres were Roberts & BJ standing flat because that's what the coach wanted? Aren't they smart enough to stand deep? Is Mybe smart enough to tell them to stand deep (could have sworn he'd played centre previously)?

I think the off field management left a lot to be desired.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Garner needs to go, his defence is barely nsw cup standard. We also need a left winger. Kepeoa has potential but isn’t there. It was a tough pass from Laurie early in the game but a first grade winger needs to take those. The break we made he stuffed up which caused the turn over and a 12 point turn around."

Agree that AJ is nowhere near NRL standard but don't think we have a lot of options in that position.

Talau should have got the left wing gig and I am amazed that he's been overlooked.

We need to find another NRL standard winger who can give Madge some food for thought.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Garner isn’t a first graders you know what. I’m surprised he has survived under Madge.

If BJ just shut his mouth and played he’d probably go alright. What he posted on Insta this morning is pretty embarrassing.

WA Tiger

Bench
If ure feeling depressed check out Brookes trying to low kick the ball through a wall of players ..It’s funny now ..
If Kepaoa had picked that ball up from Laurie and passed back inside to BJ .. all 5 Defenders were charging for that corner post ..Then again that’s the second shit pass of significance from Laurie..one last week too (Kepaoa should have caught it tho)