What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dirty Dogs want rule changed to suit themselves.

~bedsy~

First Grade
I agree with the 90 secs.
If El Masri is the best goal kicker you would think he would be able to kick the ball faster.

RB30DETT

Juniors
Yeah, but he would get tired after kicking 10 conversions wouldnt he bedsy ;-)

Funny how the 2 main offenders to this rule being brought in do not kick on a regular basis anymore.

I think 90 seconds is fair enough.

gregstar

Referee
You blokes have lost the plot.......El Masri is kicking at 87% plus.....you take away his 3 minutes to 90 seconds, and he'll probably still kick at over 80%. This post has obviously gone over people's heads. The point was to see what the reaction from Bulldogs fans is when their team makes essentially a laughable suggestion, when they point the finger at Easts when we've made a laughable suggestion, like concessions for living in Bondi.

It seems when the shoe is on the other foot, Dogs fans run to the defense of their heros, and the thought of it being a laughable suggestion never crosses their minds.

It highlights one thing, whether its capo concessions, new falcons from uncle Nick, Pokies for the Penrith players, or a 5 minute shot clock for Hazem, EVERY CLUB WILL DO WHAT EVER IT HAS TO TO BENEFIT THEMSELVES. And the clincher? Setting such precedents will benefit ALL, especially the teams who's supporters are always up in arms about these laughable requests.

Agree

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Dog-E said:
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
It is so typical. Dogs and Raiders fans whinging about kicks being time limited... However, the only reason it is like that is because both these clubs sold out to News Limited and now have to do as Fox says.

STIFF SH!T!!!

Umm..RIIIIGHT - Yes, this is relevant to the theme of the thread!!! :? :lol:

Thanks for dropping by! :p

It's ok if it went over your head. Did you drop the 'style' part from your name finally?

The only real reason for 90 second kicks is Fox. Nine generally delays their games (thus don't give a rats) but fox goes live. Which means they have a fixed schedule to stick to.

If you think it's for the crowds or oppositions benefit you are kidding yourself. As usual.

RB30DETT

Juniors
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
Dog-E said:
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
It is so typical. Dogs and Raiders fans whinging about kicks being time limited... However, the only reason it is like that is because both these clubs sold out to News Limited and now have to do as Fox says.

STIFF SH!T!!!

It's ok if it went over your head. Did you drop the 'style' part from your name finally?

The only real reason for 90 second kicks is Fox. Nine generally delays their games (thus don't give a rats) but fox goes live. Which means they have a fixed schedule to stick to.

If you think it's for the crowds or oppositions benefit you are kidding yourself. As usual.

Now I have heard it all!

:roll:

Anon

Bench
warning letter - first offence
2 grand - 2nd offence
5 grand - thrid offence
10 grand any thereafter

If they want to stop slow kicks Why not just not allow the kick to take place once 90 seconds have elapsed? I guarantee that would fix the problem.

The time it takes teams to bring the ball back to the half way for a kick off also needs to be looked at. Just take last weekends Dragons V Manly game. While in front Manly took forever to kick off (the third last and second last times anyway), funnily enough though, as soon as the Dragons hit the front they couldn't kick off fast enough.

ibeme

First Grade
Anon said:
warning letter - first offence
2 grand - 2nd offence
5 grand - thrid offence
10 grand any thereafter

If they want to stop slow kicks Why not just not allow the kick to take place once 90 seconds have elapsed? I guarantee that would fix the problem.

The time it takes teams to bring the ball back to the half way for a kick off also needs to be looked at. Just take last weekends Dragons V Manly game. While in front Manly took forever to kick off (the third last and second last times anyway), funnily enough though, as soon as the Dragons hit the front they couldn't kick off fast enough.

Because the rule is designed to deter, not stop. They realise that in crucial situations, teams will take the fine to get the kick. El Masri has only gone over the time limit 5 times out of 134 attempts at goal. The rules was designed to stop the Brent Webb situations rather than attack important kicks

STSAE

Juniors
black cat said:
everyone knows the rule will probaly get changed to a degree now the news love children have complained,with their head plant noad in control to repay past alliances all will be sweet.

That post is a p!sser.
Imagine when Dog-stillNo-Style read it, the little pimple would have gone busto, just like his old cap did.
Oh the irony. The Family Club becomes The Chester Club. Get it boldo??
Thanks black cat.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

^ Pando

retired
STSAE said:
black cat said:
everyone knows the rule will probaly get changed to a degree now the news love children have complained,with their head plant noad in control to repay past alliances all will be sweet.

That post is a p!sser.
Imagine when Dog-stillNo-Style read it, the little pimple would have gone busto, just like his old cap did.
Thanks black cat.

Accusing the Dogs of being child molesters now? :roll:

STSAE

Juniors
^ Pando said:
STSAE said:
black cat said:

That post is a p!sser.
Thanks black cat.

Perception is everything.

:lol: :lol:

Dog-E

Juniors
STSAE said:
^ Pando said:
STSAE said:
black cat said:

That post is a p!sser.
Thanks black cat.

Damn straight.!!

As you are perceived by all & sundry as a TOOL of Phil Gould proportions...I couldn't have put it better myself!! :lol:

Perception is indeed - EVEYTHING!

S.T.S.A.E - As I think ive said to you before - In future, when you have something you think you'd like to say - Just send a STamped Self-Addressed Envelope back to your Mum - Contents yourself - Because BELIEVE us - nobody else is interested!!!... :roll:

Dog-E

Juniors
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
Dog-E said:
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:

STIFF SH!T!!!

Ahhhh you KILL me babe!!!... :lol:

And your team kills you...

Only fair I guess!!... :lol:

kiss, kiss?? :lol:

Dog-E

Juniors
bedsy said:
I agree with the 90 secs.
If El Masri is the best goal kicker you would think he would be able to kick the ball faster.

Have you ever kicked a goal in your LIFE??

have you ever run from the opposite wing (Or run up from fullback, as I used to do) to take a jkick at goal after 60=70 minutes of busting your balls energy-wise playing for your side??...

Well I have - i @&*$( KNOW what its like.

90 seconds for kicks in difficult/important situations is bollocks...And anyone comparing this to the Roosters asking for a salary cap extension to suit themselves - deadset needs a lobotomy!!!...If not for yourselkves - at least for the safety of the rest of the public! :roll:

Get some PERSPECTIVE people....FFS - Don't just bash the Bulldogs because it's the latest 'in' thing, or you have nothing better to do, now your side no longer belongs in the finals...!

STSAE

Juniors
Dog-E said:
STSAE said:
^ Pando said:
STSAE said:
black cat said:

That post is a p!sser.
Thanks black cat.

Damn straight.!!

As you are perceived by all & sundry as a TOOL of Phil Gould proportions...I couldn't have put it better myself!! :lol:

Perception is indeed - EVEYTHING!

S.T.S.A.E - As I think ive said to you before - In future, when you have something you think you'd like to say - Just send a STamped Self-Addressed Envelope back to your Mum - Contents yourself - Because BELIEVE us - nobody else is interested!!!... :roll:

Perception is everything, yep I was right, again.

Your big bold attempt at humour didnt quite work did it?? Why didnt T get its own word?? Perception again!!

Dog-E-Chester, now that is perception for ya!!

You were interested enough to reply, chester, werent ya.

Also last time I bought someones family into proceedings my post was edited.
Not that what you said worries me, chester.
I am worried how it will be percieved, you see.
Perception is everything, after all.

Dog-E-Chester, one of my best, ah the irony of perception.

Latest posts