What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disallowed Tries, Dud Calls etc

Dogaholic

First Grade
What is it with our team being dudded with obvious calls? I am really getting fed up with RL. We may be going well but we are being cheated. I am being cheated out of my money and so is many others who attend.

Off the top of my head from this season alone...

Bryson Goodwin disallowed 2 fair tries against the Sharks, lucky that did not effect the outcome. Disallowed tries are included in the following:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_lawPyPh4A

Jamal Idris Vs St George - That is 2 points gone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEnSG0sSoYs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gZdgJ9j_aM

Daniel Holdsworth Vs Melbourne, didn't effect the outcome, Footage included here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17uV-uDZD4c

Then we have Jamal Idris vs Newcastle. Clearly a try.

Those are off the top of my head. I am sure there could be more. I wont even start on favourable calls for other teams.

Gaba

First Grade
The dragons would have been dudeed in the bulldogs game

1-Hornby try was a try been disallowed by the on field ref
2- Idris first try was a knock on, hannant and idris rolled the ball forward onto the line
no try but given a try by the on field ref

the on field refs kept the dogs in that game, the dragons were robbed of 12 points

6 to the dragons and 6 off the dogs

the idris try against the knights wasnt a try, the ball was moving and he had no pressure on it

Last edited:

dogz08

First Grade

2- Idris first try was a knock on, hannant and idris rolled the ball forward onto the line

the on field refs kept the dogs in that game, the dragons were robbed of 12 points

the idris try against the knights wasnt a try, the ball was moving and he had no pressure on it

Can't agree with any of that

Dogs Of War

Coach
Prefer they go against us now. Hopefully come semi-final time, they are going in our favour, luck has to even out eventually.

lifesgood

Juniors

That is just stupid!
Idris first try everyone was in eprfect position for it to call it try or no try!

it was a fair try. No dragons player disagreed and no dogs player when it happened turned around as if it was no try

fortae

Bench
Did Canterbury score a point yesterday without the help of a referee?

One of them even got in the way of Lulia passing to Mullen for an easy try. Luckily Mullen made the play from dummy-half.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Did Canterbury score a point yesterday without the help of a referee?

One of them even got in the way of Lulia passing to Mullen for an easy try. Luckily Mullen made the play from dummy-half.
No, every point scored by the dogs was thanks to the ref :roll:

fortae

Bench
I'm not saying it isn't same for all clubs ... penalties improve the chances immeasurably ... but that struck me about the game, as much as "Disallowed Tries, Dud Calls etc".

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
How the f**k can you suggest any of our tries were at the behest of the referees? All three were clearly legitimate tries plus we were robbed of the Idris try.

Point remains the first half performance and the final ten were rubbish. We weren't good enough.

fortae

Bench
How the f**k can you suggest any of our tries were at the behest of the referees? All three were clearly legitimate tries plus we were robbed of the Idris try.

Point remains the first half performance and the final ten were rubbish. We weren't good enough.

I watched the game ...

As legitimate as any try off penalties/repeat sets ... the point still stands, whether you can understand it or not.

Timmah

Staff member
Simple premise, Newcastle don't give away penalties and we don't receive.

I don't understand the mentality that penalties only get blown to give certain teams advantages. The penalty count would've read how it did in the second half because Newcastle were less disciplined. Simple as that.

fortae

Bench
The penalties were blown because interpretations shifted. The conspiracies are yours. Canterbury put some pressure on through their ball movement and penetration but no different to Canterbury or Newcastle earlier.

Dogaholic

First Grade
From the BDP....

Did anyone hear Bill Harrigan on Talkin Sport last night. I tuned in to see what he had to say about the Idris try. For those that didnt hear it he said that in the review 5 video refs thought it was a try and 3 didn't. Harrigan thought it was a fair try and should have been awarded benefit of the doubt at the very least. Heaps had a bit of a shot at him and asked why 3 video refs thought it was a no try when the current laws clearly state it must be awarded if there is no seperation. Heaps told him that the refs must not be getting trained correctly if 3 blokes still thought it was a no try. Harrigan agreed with him and said he was disappointed that 3 of them thought it was a no try.

So that is 3 tries in 3 consecutive games that the refs have publicly stated that they disallowed a fair try of ours via the Video Ref.

Pathetic. These refs need to be accountable and need better training.

Bulldog Force

Referee
From the BDP....

So that is 3 tries in 3 consecutive games that the refs have publicly stated that they disallowed a fair try of ours via the Video Ref.

Pathetic. These refs need to be accountable and need better training.
No, they need to be sacked when they f**k up big time in their job like everyone else on the planet.

Jasdragon

Juniors
Walkers try Dragons vs Titans: Harrigan has admitted on 2SM, Walker was most likely offside, and Walkers tap on was illegal not to mention Nightingale's try that was incorrectly penalised. See your not the only one's that cop bad calls, but you won't see the Dragons or there fans carrying on like the Dogs and there supporters did.

I do agree the reffing has been really bad this season with a hell of a lot of bad calls effecting a lot of NRL results e.g Manly vs Titans, Origin 1 etc.

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
Did you have one in the 79th minute where you could not change the result after? :lol:

Jasdragon

Juniors
Did you have one in the 79th minute where you could not change the result after? :lol:

What a load of crap! A bad call is a bad call no matter when it happens! And if that's the case why didn't the dogs get that try they needed in the 79 mins previous?

Bulldog Force

Referee
What a load of crap! A bad call is a bad call no matter when it happens! And if that's the case why didn't the dogs get that try they needed in the 79 mins previous?
Because the game is played over the entire 80 mins, not just the 79 prior to that mark. Gee's talk about stating the obvious. If the Dragons let their defence lapse for that remaining crucial 1 minute (which they did) they should've paid the price for it. Very lucky they got off.