What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disaster @ Telstra

greg

Juniors
Yes that is not good. Early days I suppose. Most on this forum would have been at the game, It will be interesting to see their analysis of the game.

Jeffles

Bench
At times i thought "Wow - we're still in it!" Newtown made many errors. I did see a glimmer of hope because when we turned it on, we were quite dangerous.

in the crowd

Juniors
I thought they were dreadful. A real problem in the halves. What worried me most was the defence, some very soft attempts at tackles.

And these players have contracts! It can only improve.

it waz poor yestrday. too many dropped ball , falling off tackles and not taking there chances. souths were good but not that good joe williams was good as well and kicked well at goal.

we need a huge turn around next week.

Agree with all of the above. Poor is the word that I can only describe yesterday. I know that it was the first game of the season, but Souths seemed to turn it on whenever they liked, whereas the Jets struggled. Defence was lacking and in attack we were found wanting a few times, simple plays not being followed. Then again it's olny round one, so there's nothing to worry about. Is there???

brendothejet

First Grade
If this trend continues they may need to tighten up around the ruck area. I suggest some wholesale changes and that they bring in the A grade hooker.

He is always pinching 10 or 12 from dummy half and loves putting hits on from marker :)

ey? ey? eyyyy?

greg

Juniors
How was Doyle at 5/8? It surprised me to see him selected there. Correct me if I'm wrong but has he not always been a hooker, I dont ever remember him at 5/8.

Jeffles

Bench
I recall Doyle being a hooker as well but I understand he had a go in the halves at Wollongong and was very impressive.

The way I see it the Jets scored 28 points. A lot to take out of there. Defence was the big problem. 42 points and it could have been more. The only way is up!

brendothejet

First Grade
jets fan said:
your kidding right ?

Do I kid?

the quicker i get promoted into the premier league side, the quicker we will hoist the trophy over our heads and drink till the sun comes up over the jet set lounge.

brendothejet said:
Do I kid?

the quicker i get promoted into the premier league side, the quicker we will hoist the trophy over our heads and drink till the sun comes up over the jet set lounge.

Which'll be a neat trick seeing as it's on the west side of the ground. Unless you meant while flaked out in the tennis club car park, of course.

brendothejet

First Grade
i meant like flaked out in the jet set lounge as the sun comes up...

seriously if we win the comp that is where drinks have to be held...

2 True Blues

Coach
greg said:
Yes that is not good. Early days I suppose. Most on this forum would have been at the game, It will be interesting to see their analysis of the game.

Suppose it's all old news now mate, but have not been on the forums all week as was working.

I thought we lost this game due to constant handling errors and a poor completion rate. Giving the ball to Souths continually giving them constant possession.

Our defence in turn was ordinary.

From the first hitup after kickoff when TONGA dropped the ball giving it to Souths only 10 out from our line. To kicking the ball out on the full from the return kickoff giving them the ball. Constant errors cost us dearly.

There are plenty of talented individual players in this side though. I suppose we have players from NZ, Canterbury, St George, Roosters, Jets from last season ( although vince MELLARS did not play in this game ), players from England, and players from Queensland etc. Some real talent. However they did not play as a team. Individual moments of brilliance were seen and looked very promising, and when this side starts playin as a team they will be unstoppable.

We definately made Souths look better than they really were, and when we had the ball and held on to it ( which was truly rare ) there were moments when we looked good. However bad options in the attack ( probably stemming from these guys needing to get to know each others game still ) let several potential tries go begging.

The handling errors were definately improved at Henson yesterday against Wests, however the defence is still lacking and needs improvement if we are going to win against quality teams like Parra, St George and Raiders etc.

I think that they will definately improve though, as we have some real talent in this side.

Jets will be a force this season in Prem/league for sure.

The best part of the day for me was definately heading home though. It was a shocker of a game and we must have completed about 3 or 4 sets of six during the whole game.

Next weekend against canberra will really show us where we are this season.

Latest posts