What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disgraceful Dogs!!!

Chook

First Grade
When are the Canterbury bulldogs going to do something about the violence that eminates from their fan base? I read where a group ganged up on a married couple wearing Raider jerseys after last Friday nights win. Typical gutless dog fans! They can only act tough when it's 10-1 in their favour. Craven, gutless worms they are and the quicker they are banned from our code for life the better.

I say fine the bulldogs club, or better yet sue the bastards! I'll bet if the people harrassed bring litigation against the club, Mortimer would finally get off his hypocritical arse and actualy do something about these violent dickheads.

I challenge any dog fan to give just reason why their club should not be fined or sued given the continuing disgraceful acts by their fans!

Chook.

Dogs Of War

Coach
What can you do that is not already being done? They have crowd survellance to identify trouble makers via secuitry on the ground and camera's monitoring them also, they ban troublemakers from the ground as they are identified. Maybe their could be more secuirty on the station platform, but most of the time I think the security guards wouldn't have the balls to act anyhow, they just watch when people get harassed. The Bulldogs are trying to get rid of the small minority that stuff;s it up for the rest of us, the Bulldogs are enjoying currently some of the best crowd figures seen in sydney but with that seems to draw the idiot element. Maybe rival supporters could have their own allocated seating areas like soccer overseas to seperate them from the other supporters?

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
Be a sad day for league if they bought in the seperate seating....

I believe the 'tough-nut' approach of the dogs fans is basically now inbred in alot of the dogs fans...new fans will come on board and think that harassing the other fans is part of the tradition...so sadly i see this problem not going away.

hrundi99

First Grade
Watching the Footy Show last night and seeing the old fella cheering on the Bulldogs you realise how insulting it is in general for a dedicated fan like him to be associated with these arseholes on the hill.

Interesting to note the picture in the RLW. Hate to say it, but how many Anglo-Saxon people do you see?

Woolford's right. It would be interesting to see how tough any of them are individually.

The Army stole the SGB banner and they booed at any opportunity (even booing a champion like Croker as he went past on the medicab with a broken leg). Sore losers one and all.

These blokes are cats.

miccle

Bench
Of course there are some fans that are absolutely shocking, but from my experiences it isn't just bulldogs fans. There may be more shocking ones from the dogs than other teams, but I've actually met a lot of really friendly & decent dogs supporters over the years. Don't generalise about the fans based on a few gutless punks & their actions because the majority of supporters do the right thing. the Dogs are averaging, what - 18 or 19 000 per game? If 10 or 20 people abuse or assault someone per game - that's still a hell of a lot of people doing the right thing!

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
So because its only 10 or 20 people that makes it ok??

The one incident may involve 10 people...but how many incidents are there and have been...it a generalisation to think its the same people doing the harrassing everytime. I would say the thugs run into the hundreds...

Chook

First Grade
I realise that it's a minority but it's not a small minority. As hrundi99 says, that type of behaviour is becoming the norm as far as bulldogs fans go. And by norm I'm saying that while it may be only hundreds who do all the bad stuff, it's the thousands of other bulldogs fans that see it happening and walk away or see it happening and stand by and laugh are the ones I'm disgusted with!

Surely other dog fans saw these two people getting harrassed and yet decided to do nothing about it. I'm sorry but if I saw Rooster fans carrying like this I would say something to them.

Yes the dogs are getting good crowds and kudos to them, it's just a shame the family culture at the dogs is taking on a Manson family attitude.

Chook.

slippery eel

Juniors
Its just another chapter to the long bad story of the Bulldogs which has been disgraceful for the past 20 years. When i look at a white anglow saxon bulldog supporter i just laugh and think how out of place they look (no racism intended) but if so than who cares!. hahahah

slippery eel

Juniors
hrundi99 said:
Watching the Footy Show last night and seeing the old fella cheering on the Bulldogs you realise how insulting it is in general for a dedicated fan like him to be associated with these arseholes on the hill.

that guy was from the 40's when the doggies were OK!. alots changed since than with his club. :lol:

that guy got all excited when he saw Anasta..... if he was a good judge he would of acted bored. ;-)

Dogs Of War

Coach
slippery eel said:
that guy got all excited when he saw Anasta..... if he was a good judge he would of acted bored. ;-)

Pretty much how most of us react when we see the Eels....

sykoticjem

Juniors
[quote="slippery eel" When i look at a white anglow saxon bulldog supporter i just laugh and think how out of place they look (no racism intended) [/quote]

Why do u laugh?

I'm getting kinda sick on people always ratting on the Bulldogs fans. I've been to SO many games where I've been harassed, Manly, South Sydney, Newcastle, I could go on. I've been pushed over, had beer thrown at me, had degrading marks been thrown at me. And what was all this for? For just standing there and cheering on my team. I never provoke or tease, I'm honestly in my own little world at the footy. I'm also a huge fan of Parramatta so I do go to a lot of Eels and Bulldogs games and I've honestly seen no difference in the crowd. I do admit, the Bulldogs fans do seem to be more pushy and inconsiderate but I've never seen any problems, well no more than any other club. Maybe that's just me though. And also, who cares if there are hardly any Anglos in the crowd. At the South Sydney game at Aussie Stadium where they versed the Dogs, I was there, right near the field screaming out encouragement for Hazem to score the conversion. Some yobbo yelled out to me "Go back to Bankstown you dumb bitch Mediterranean Descendant", I retalliated by saying I was not in fact a 'Mediterranean Descendant' and he's very lucky I'm not one. Honestly, just cos someone may have dark hair and olive skin.......
My point being, Bulldogs fans do have a lot thrown at them and whatever they may do is sometimes just in retalliation. I have noticed there is an enormous hatred towards us at games by other clubs and it saddens me as most of us are ok, not there to cause trouble at all. And as for the race issue.....who cares, I'm half Anglo, half Burmese and really proud to see the cultural diversity in the crowd. MOVE ON PEOPLE!

hrundi99

First Grade
Just to clarify my perspective, I'm only talking about a certain group of Bulldogs fans who stand on the hill.

And yes, they are predominately agressive Muslim types. This simply can't be denied. I'm not talking about all Muslims, just this group.

You always find mugs at a footy game causing trouble where ever you go, but these cats are BIGGER mugs and cause MORE trouble.

They are the types who would threaten a woman, for example.

If you're a Bulldogs supporter and you stand on the hill and you know these people, tell them to pull their heads in or don't go to the game.

kaon

Juniors
I've been to more Bulldogs games than Raiders games and I have never had any problems with their supporters.

I think it all comes down to the type people who are intimidated in some environments.

Canterbury

Juniors
I've also been told from mates about bad experiences at Penrith stadium.. getting mobbed around there by a few unhappy Islander fellahs.

I choose to enter this argument............now

I was at the bulldogs game last friday night. I was there when some goons stole the SGB Banner. Why? Because they lost. What are they going to do with a big green banner that says Sydney Green Brigade?

They took it when we headed to the fence to congratulate the boys on a terrific victory. Turn around, and our banner is gone. Has this happened at any other ground? No. We did the same thing at Manly, go to the fence to say g'day to the boys, banner still stays there. I can put up with the verbal abuse, unfortunately that just comes with football. Not being able to celebrate on the train for fear of a train riot? I can cope with that too. Vandilism and theft of property? That's where I draw the line. The banner had not been touched by anyone else in 3 years. No vandilism at all(it did tear, but that's the winds fault).

This led me to email the Bulldogs in complaint. It even got as far as Turvey, who got a media guy to reply, who said they are looking into it(if they have cameras, surely they have the incident on tape). There is not much they can do, and they could give us double passes to the bulldogs(woo...hoo...I think) to help finance a new one. Their reply was also CC'd onto Don Furner, who got the Raiders media manager to email me for more details.

So in summary, I am not impressed with the bulldogs supporters. Not the whole bulldogs supporters, but the trouble makers. When Turvey said before the game last week that they were the 'best' supporters in the league, I approached it with an open mind. Now, in my opinion they have the worst. There are some that are giving bulldogs supporters a bad name. It's sad but true.

Jess

Juniors
Dogs Of War said:
slippery eel said:

Pretty much how most of us react when we see the Eels....

Or read one of slippery's posts...

aqua_duck

Coach
The bulldogs fans who think that this problem happens at all clubs are dead set kidding themselves, no offence, but if you want to believe that than I guess its up to you. At other grounds you get idiots, no arguments, but usually its only stupid things like a beer thrown at you, or occasionally a push and shove when exiting the stadium and what have you. However with the bulldogs there's been problems for a long time, ever since the Belmore days and its simply not good enough to say "there's nothing else we can do about it". It is unfair to criticise all bulldogs fans but saying that its 10 or 20 people who do this is absolute rubbish, I know personally quite a few of the blokes who sit on the hill every game, and I've gone to school with quite a few blokes who sit on the hill and I'll tell you this, there's atleast a few hundred who sit on that hill, and out of that number my estimate would be that 40% have criminal records, 60% of them would be associated withgangs or gangsters. I've never been harassed by bulldogs fans myself, I guess its one good thing about knowing people but I've seen supporters of other teams get harassed all the time, teenage boys, young women, middle aged people, the harassment I've seen has ranged from offensive language, abit of a push and shove to full on fist fights.

sykoticjem said:
I'm getting kinda sick on people always ratting on the Bulldogs fans. I've been to SO many games where I've been harassed, Manly, South Sydney, Newcastle, I could go on. I've been pushed over, had beer thrown at me, had degrading marks been thrown at me. And what was all this for? For just standing there and cheering on my team. I never provoke or tease, I'm honestly in my own little world at the footy. I'm also a huge fan of Parramatta so I do go to a lot of Eels and Bulldogs games and I've honestly seen no difference in the crowd. I do admit, the Bulldogs fans do seem to be more pushy and inconsiderate but I've never seen any problems, well no more than any other club. Maybe that's just me though. And also, who cares if there are hardly any Anglos in the crowd. At the South Sydney game at Aussie Stadium where they versed the Dogs, I was there, right near the field screaming out encouragement for Hazem to score the conversion. Some yobbo yelled out to me "Go back to Bankstown you dumb bitch Mediterranean Descendant", I retalliated by saying I was not in fact a 'Mediterranean Descendant' and he's very lucky I'm not one. Honestly, just cos someone may have dark hair and olive skin.......
My point being, Bulldogs fans do have a lot thrown at them and whatever they may do is sometimes just in retalliation. I have noticed there is an enormous hatred towards us at games by other clubs and it saddens me as most of us are ok, not there to cause trouble at all. And as for the race issue.....who cares, I'm half Anglo, half Burmese and really proud to see the cultural diversity in the crowd. MOVE ON PEOPLE!

I've been harrassed at all grounds, take it on the chin and move on. But it is nothing like venturing to the Showground. Nothing at all. They seem to feed on it. Nowhere else to cups and stuff get thrown at the ref as he is leaving the field. It just doesn't seem to happen anywhere else. There has been stuff thrown onto the field at Bruce, that was last year...who was behind that? The bulldogs supporters. Having been to every ground in NSW to watch the Mighty Raiders, there is usually one common element when it comes to unruly supporters. It doesn't stop me going, but I am a lot more cautious about what I do. No other ground pours your bottle of water in a cup before you get it. It's sad but true. They need to do something about it. I would hate to see it coming to banning the hill, but perhaps that could be the only way.

raidersfan

Juniors
I agree Bulldogs fans are homo. Theres always the "my teams better than yours" thing at games but it's usually in a happy tone and theres no risk of anyone taking things seriously. But I don't risk it with some bulldogs fans. Something needs to be done.

TeamSatan

Juniors
In 1985 the bulldogs went psycho at a semi , so i then decided to never go to a bulldogs game again.

In hindsight this seems to be one of the best decisions ever made.

Make the same choice and avoid the idiots

Latest posts