What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disgraceful NRL 360

Outlaw Pete

Juniors
a disclosure. I do not vote liberal and unfortunately my vote is wasted given the electorate I’m in.
But Ikin and Kent;s little plug for stadium demolition.. a liberal policy was appalling... GF moved from Sydney etc
Keep politics away from your show which has now lost me.

Sincerely hope Gladys, Ayres and Constance are shafted. Now i’m being political but Ikin and Kent really pissed me off.
Caio

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Vote Palmer.

images

Bench
They can’t hold a candle to Rex Mossop and controversy corner. They actually just kept the dialogue focused on league.

Admittedly, as a Gold Member of the SFS I have have vested interests in the venue’s redevelopment, but surely it makes more sense to increase its capacity than just to keep the status quo?

Or reduce capacity to 30k and build a new 90k Wembley type thing at Olympic park for the same budget

Dragons22

Juniors
I have to make this point, whatever side of the political side you are I think we can all agree that:
The fact that people in the NRL, like 360 and Greenberg threaten Daley and state that Allianz must be rebuilt or the Grand Final will be moved it a complete disgrace.
If the NRL were to ever consider moving the GF, that would be a disgrace. The AFL would never move their GF, why should the NRL? They wonder why they are losing supporters and why the AFL has bigger crowds.
Why even consider moving the GF? That is a completely disgraceful act.
The GF is not even played at Allianz.
I don't care what you think about Allianz, but why should this effect where the GF is?
If the NRL move the GF, fans should riot.
The GF, should NEVER be moved away from Sydney.

dragonhysteria

Juniors
I have to make this point, whatever side of the political side you are I think we can all agree that:
The fact that people in the NRL, like 360 and Greenberg threaten Daley and state that Allianz must be rebuilt or the Grand Final will be moved it a complete disgrace.
If the NRL were to ever consider moving the GF, that would be a disgrace. The AFL would never move their GF, why should the NRL? They wonder why they are losing supporters and why the AFL has bigger crowds.
Why even consider moving the GF? That is a completely disgraceful act.
The GF is not even played at Allianz.
I don't care what you think about Allianz, but why should this effect where the GF is?
If the NRL move the GF, fans should riot.
The GF, should NEVER be moved away from Sydney.
I don’t want it taken out of Sydney but It is a smart move by the NRL. They would earn bucketloads of $$$ to take it elsewhere. They want to guarantee the best facilities in Sydney CBD so they can play more games there and only have the really big games at ANZ (SOO, GF, Gf qualifiers involving Dragons etc).

Regardless of who gets in the Stadiums will go ahead and honestly 2.2 billion is chicken feed in terms of the state budget.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Or reduce capacity to 30k and build a new 90k Wembley type thing at Olympic park for the same budget

Not everyone lives in the Western Suburbs, and there are certainly thousands of sports fans who loathe Olympic Park. There should be parity between the two major stadia in Sydney. At present, ANZ Stadium has a monopoly on premium sporting fixtures, and I don’t believe that’s fair.

Last edited:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
These guys are no friends of the Dragons
They’ve all been irrevocably scarred by our 11 titles on the trot & Frank Facer’s supreme reign at the top

Better days ...

Not to mention, News Limited and the NRL.

Super League is still alive no matter what anyone says.

Morotti

Juniors
Personally I think they should have demolished ANZ stadium.

Then they should have put bigger stadiums at Moore park and another in a centrally located western Sydney area like Parramatta I suppose. Somewhere close to trans poort options.

Both could be s o me where between 65k and 90k stadiums.

All transport options in Sydney end up in the CBD. So going from say Cronulla near where I live to Olympic park is a nightmare.

You also have to take into account the future economic benefits of new stadia. Increased numbers at games will mean a tangible economic benefit to new south Wales. It is 2.2 billion for three stadiums. All of which are run down, old and facilities wise were poor.

We say don't take the grand final away from Sydney but at the same time the state government backtracked on a promise of a larger rectangular stadium which would have been much better to watch games at. ANZ is pretty terrible for a large number of attendees.

BennyV

Referee
I don’t want it taken out of Sydney but It is a smart move by the NRL. They would earn bucketloads of $$$ to take it elsewhere. They want to guarantee the best facilities in Sydney CBD so they can play more games there and only have the really big games at ANZ (SOO, GF, Gf qualifiers involving Dragons etc).

Regardless of who gets in the Stadiums will go ahead and honestly 2.2 billion is chicken feed in terms of the state budget.
So they’ve got plenty of time before they can put this plan into action, yeah?

Not everyone lives in the Western Suburbs, and there are certainly thousands of sports fans who loathe Olympic Park. There should be parity between the two major stadia in Sydney. At present, ANZ Stadium has a monopoly on premium sporting fixtures, and I don’t believe that’s fair.

Homebush is hardly out in the sprawling West. It's in the eastern half of the metro area.
Homebush sucks to get to but there is now bipartisan support for fast tracking the metro west. Having a central stadium on top of MRT infrastructure is the game changer Sydney needs to increase attendances and change event culture.

Old Timer

Coach
We are hearing a lot about what Sydney NRL people are saying but what say the other codes of footy who would be needed to help the income stream healthy?
My understanding of when SFS was built it was designed to be a stadium that could get 40K people in and out of it quickly for a sporting event that would all but take a couple of hours and in its original design plans it actually didn't need a lot of facilities for catering etc.

possm

Coach
Admittedly, as a Gold Member of the SFS I have have vested interests in the venue’s redevelopment, but surely it makes more sense to increase its capacity than just to keep the status quo?

I hope this new stadium has a retractable roof that can be closed during inclement weather. I would also like it to seat a minimum of 50k. Underground parking and an underground bust terminal may also be a great move.

Gareth67

First Grade
I wonder if there will be a special stand for the pensioners, preferably under cover and with discounted prices for liquid beverages ? :yum:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I wonder if there will be a special stand for the pensioners, preferably under cover and with discounted prices for liquid beverages ? :yum:

I second the motion.

It should be called the Saint Jimmy G Stand for evermore.

It’s got a nice ring to it.

Last edited:

Latest posts