What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dissapointing statement made by fans last night

parraeelz

Juniors
firstly id like to say i was there last night in my usual seats. Normally I am surrounded by other members and only about 5 of the regulars showed up. I kept hoping the crowd would build up and sadly it didnt. I'm not here to bag out the fans who actually couldnt make it to the game...but surely the ones who were scared of the rain or just thought we were gonna get out asses whooped should be ashamed. It was the best atmosphere of rugby league ive ever had in my life and i dont think ive ever gave so much abuse to any nrl player before in my life. My passionate hate for Billy Slater grew to a hole new level despite me hating that son of a bitch. I just couldnt believe that after everything that happened last year only 7000 fans turn up to this game. I can guarantee that if the next home games against the broncos is played in the rain these fans will rock up...but i just hope all of u realised what a great game u missed. Despite the poor turn out every parramatta player gave it their all and even Hayne put his eels jersey over the blues one out there last nite and gave it to slater.
Once again im not bagging fans who couldnt make it due to personal reasons, but the ones who just didnt show faith in our team last night and were scared of getting a bit wet, which btw it only rained for less than a minute should seriously be ashamed. Im acting harsh on this as it is also a week where the AFL is targeting the NRL and for a match of so much potential and hype during the week drawing that kind of crowd really makes us NRL and Parra fans look pathetic.
On a high note though good stuff boys last night some f**kin inspirational sh*t out there.
Mannah for a blues jersey:p

HevyDevy

Coach
Just because you enjoy sitting in the pissing rain doesn't mean you should give anyone else sh*t for not doing the same.

Moron.

fish eel

Immortal
Just because you enjoy sitting in the pissing rain doesn't mean you should give anyone else sh*t for not doing the same.

Moron.

who sat in the rain? there wasnt a drop in Parramatta from 6pm onwards.

It was a poor turnout for such a big game - rain during the day or no rain.

It shows what a bunch of soft c**ks sydney sports fans are.

parraeelz

Juniors
It didn't even rain...
I just think that the crowd was terrible. We have 10000+ members this year and thats the crowd we got. I just especially don't like the attitude of the people who could have made it to the game but just thought its raining and we're gonna get hammered.
After yesterday if its raining for the broncos game I will ensure u that the crowd will be close to 13000

TheRam

Coach
Besides the inclement weather mate, the players can shoulder most of the responsabilty for the poorest crowd of the season thus far.

If they were not so pathetic with our up and down efforts this year then the fans would have supported them in kind. It really is as simple as that.

If the players don't show respect for themselves, the jersey and the fans, then why should they then expect the fan to keep turning up and cheer them on. The simple truth is that they didn't deserve better last night with there previous efforts leading into that game.

Especially when they CAN play like they did last night against a team that is over the cap by more then a million dollars.

I am sure 99% of the RL public will once again be wondering, which Parra team will turn up against the Knights and there in lies our problem not only in regards to crowds but in winning the GF too, with most already deciding that this team just ain't up to it when it counts.

HevyDevy

Coach
Who cares if it didn't rain? Are the public forecasters are they? Everyone knew it wouldn't rain?

Pathetic.

Glenn

First Grade
who sat in the rain? there wasnt a drop in Parramatta from 6pm onwards.

It was a poor turnout for such a big game - rain during the day or no rain.

It shows what a bunch of soft c**ks sydney sports fans are.

Was considering going but by the time I would be leaving to get to the ground in time it was bucketing down and could barely see across the road.
By the time it cleared up enough, wouldn't had made first grade KO.

fish eel

Immortal
Who cares if it didn't rain? Are the public forecasters are they? Everyone knew it wouldn't rain?

Pathetic.

Plenty of people who live in the area could have looked out of their window and seen no rain and clouds clearing a bit from and hour and half before kick off.

I'm not having a dig at Parra fans. It would have been the same for any sporting event in sydney. Sydney sports fans are a bunch of soft c**ks when it comes to the possibility of bad weather.

Parra Guru

Coach
Great thread, you are spot on!!!

Was never going to miss this game. Even if it hailed. And those who went were rewarded with fantastic weather and a brilliant result from the boys.

Those who sat at home in front of the heater could do nothing but listen to the radio and/or wait for 9:30, so deal with it.

Glenn

First Grade

Was never going to miss this game. Even if it hailed. And those who went were rewarded with fantastic weather and a brilliant result from the boys.

Those who sat at home in front of the heater could do nothing but listen to the radio and/or wait for 9:30, so deal with it.

Excuse me for not getting soaked to the bone getting from home to the game.
People need to deal with the weather did have a impact, even two well supported Sydney sides 10km's away could only draw 11,000

HevyDevy

Coach
Fishy, most people decide whether or not they are going to a game long before 6pm. Fact.

Guru, well, you're an idiot.

fish eel

Immortal

Best of both worlds:

Watching the game in a rain free stadium and then walking home and watching a replay. :cool:

Parra Guru

Coach
Fishy, most people decide whether or not they are going to a game long before 6pm. Fact.

A very happy idiot who went to the game complete with ponchos etc ready to get soaked to watch the Grand Final replay, only to find no rain...

Jealousy's a curse :)

fish eel

Immortal

I wonder how many ticket holders (in the area) didnt turn up even though it wasnt raining?

The crowd figure was disappointing. Sydney sports fans in general are soft. fact.

strider

Post Whore
7500 very vocal fans were far more encouraging than the usual 13000 half vocal fans :lol:

tbh I wasn't going to go either - I wasn't overly keen for a 1hr peak hour drive in pouring rain - BUT I was watching the radar and noticed it cleared in just the right places for me and that it was likely not going to rain for the game ... turned out, apart from 1 broken down car at rookwood, it was the clearest trip to parra i'd ever had!

BUT - the rain was still belting down in the north of sydney well until when the game started and there was flooding in the east, inner west and north .... so I don't blame anyone for chosing not to drive through that on a friday night

not every parra fan lives at parramatta ..... i don't blame people for not turning up ... but they missed a doesy!

HevyDevy

Coach
A very happy idiot who went to the game complete with ponchos etc ready to get soaked to watch the Grand Final replay, only to find no rain...

Jealousy's a curse :)

Yeah, jealous!

Mate if I wanted to go I could have had the best seats in the house, undercover for free, but alas I had other plans and had a great night. When I came home I watched the replay with beer in hand.

As it is, I'm here defending families etc that didn't go because of the rain.

parraeelz

Juniors
7500 very vocal fans were far more encouraging than the usual 13000 half vocal fans :lol:

tbh I wasn't going to go either - I wasn't overly keen for a 1hr peak hour drive in pouring rain - BUT I was watching the radar and noticed it cleared in just the right places for me and that it was likely not going to rain for the game ... turned out, apart from 1 broken down car at rookwood, it was the clearest trip to parra i'd ever had!

BUT - the rain was still belting down in the north of sydney well until when the game started and there was flooding in the east, inner west and north .... so I don't blame anyone for chosing not to drive through that on a friday night

not every parra fan lives at parramatta ..... i don't blame people for not turning up ... but they missed a doesy!

Yes well I guess people who live far from parra have no reason to be ashamed for not turning up
I'm just happy that those 7500 fans were the most passionate and absolutely gave it to em...and the fact it was one of the best games this season

HevyDevy

Coach
Oh, haha, now I see what you're doing. You're saying that you're a bigger fan than other Eels fans because you turned up.

Now we can see the real motivation for this thread.

:lol: