What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diving in the NRL.

blaza88z

Coach
They're going to have to enforce the HIA's a bit more than they have this weekend after someone gets clotheslined

You can't lay down like you just got kinghit and then run back out 20 seconds later after the bloke has been sent to the bin, nothing has changed in that 20 second window except the referee's idea on how bad of a tackle it was

Canard

Immortal
They're going to have to enforce the HIA's a bit more than they have this weekend after someone gets clotheslined

You can't lay down like you just got kinghit and then run back out 20 seconds later after the bloke has been sent to the bin, nothing has changed in that 20 second window except the referee's idea on how bad of a tackle it was

Seems like people are more worried about the side that committed foul play not being inconvenienced.

If you commit foul play, stiff shit you face the consequences.

blocka

Juniors
Seems like people are more worried about the side that committed foul play not being inconvenienced.

If you commit foul play, stiff shit you face the consequences.
And if they penalised for foul play without injuries then you wouldn’t get people laying down for the penalty

Valheru

Coach
I fail to see how that has any relevance to the binning.

If you think there was no force in that Radley shot you have lost touch with reality.

It's a 2 week suspension for f**ks sake

Your comments in this thread are looking a bit silly now mate.

The Storm and Munster now admit it was tactical and "Radley hardly got him".

DIVEBALL_zpsa295bb6b.png

Canard

Immortal
Your comments in this thread are looking a bit silly now mate.

The Storm and Munster now admit it was tactical and "Radley hardly got him".

Regarding the Holmes sub, from Annesly press conference

"The first is a rule that's been in our operational guidelines for probably the best part of a couple of decades. And that is about a free interchange if a player is injured as a result of foul play.

"So that means if a player is put on report, sin binned or sent off and the player who is the victim of that foul play comes off the field, they get a free interchange for that.

Learn the rules mate

10$ Ferret

Staff member
And if they penalised for foul play without injuries then you wouldn’t get people laying down for the penalty

The penalty, binning or send off should never ever be dependent on how injured the player is.
You can have 2 identical tackles with one giving no serious injury and the other crippling the player. Both deserve to be punished the same. Its the potential that makes it dangerous. Then intent needs to be taken into consideration

10$ Ferret

Staff member
For the free interchange when a player is put on report or whatever. That player doesn't have to be injured as far I as I am aware. But it does cost you an interchange when they want to go back on. (Munster was not interchanged I think he just came off and no one went on)

Knight76

Juniors
For the free interchange when a player is put on report or whatever. That player doesn't have to be injured as far I as I am aware. But it does cost you an interchange when they want to go back on. (Munster was not interchanged I think he just came off and no one went on)

Munster was interchanged. Munster came off and Solomona went on, then when Munster went back on some other forward came off. The free interchange thing was used to swap Solomona and this other forward for a freeby, is that right?

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I f**king despise diving. Whenever I see it happen in Soccer it makes me cringe, and that sport already has that established in its culture. Rugby League has always been a sport where if you get put on your ass (legally), you always just get up and walk it off. It's why TPJ's suspensions always give me the shits, because he has been reported for what otherwise should be just really good hits that the sook who copped it just milks for all its worth.

Knight76

Juniors
I f**king despise diving. Whenever I see it happen in Soccer it makes me cringe, and that sport already has that established in its culture. Rugby League has always been a sport where if you get put on your ass (legally), you always just get up and walk it off. It's why TPJ's suspensions always give me the shits, because he has been reported for what otherwise should be just really good hits that the sook who copped it just milks for all its worth.

Completely ruined soccer for me. I can't watch it anymore and haven't in decades.

I don't want to see the NRL turn in to constant dives to get a penalty.

The Rosco

Bench
3 pages of wasted time so far.
This thread needs an expert to give a definitive, "been there, done that" level of experience answer.
I call Mr Nathan Brown from the slimies.