What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

do sports writers actually watch the game?

Wally21

Bench
. Josh Dugan closes on Origin jersey as Canberra Raiders upset Melbourne Storm

Russell Gould From: AAP May 14, 2011 7:42PM 10 comments

RAIDERS 20
STORM 12
CANBERRA fullback Josh Dugan put in a solid final audition for a State of Origin jumper last night as the Raiders shocked Melbourne to end an eight-game losing streak.

Winger Blake Ferguson produced the game's highlight with a chip-and-chase try that featured a tightrope walk down the right touchline.

But Dugan was strong where it counted, in kick return and running the ball out of his own half.

It is believed he went into the game with the edge on Parramatta's Jarryd Hayne for the NSW No 1 jumper.

"We got off to a good start at the start of the season, but everything went downhill from there. It's good to be back in the winners' circle, especially back in Melbourne," Dugan said.

This bloke obviously wrote this story prior to the game.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hayne did everything he could to get us home, Dugan was average at best. So that means Dugan is a cert.

Kornstar

Coach
Usually Dugan is great in every game bug I thought Melbourne contained him perfectly and he did nothing special all night, which is unusual for him as he usually does several freakish things a game.....

Solid is probably correct for him last night but Hayne was outstanding last night, not his fault that the rest of the team forgot the fundamentals of the game!!!

HevyDevy

Coach
Ironically it can actually be very difficult for a journalist to watch a game properly while they are reporting on it - they have to spend the majority of the game looking at the screen and typing.

Which is why a print journalist should never be given the task of handing out Dally M points.

That said, there is absolutely no doubt Hayne was by far the best of the two last night.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
It was good to hear Haynes comments on Sky news, something in the way of that "we were disgusting " not sugar coating like our coach, he was very dissapointed as that team performance probably has cost a SOO jumper.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It was good to hear Haynes comments on Sky news, something in the way of that "we were disgusting " not sugar coating like our coach, he was very dissapointed as that team performance probably has cost a SOO jumper.
Can't blame him, in pretty much the way in 08/9 it cost Hindy a Blues jersey.

Parra Guru

Coach

Bout time someone gave an honest appraisal. Bit sick of hearing that "the lads did really well"

Still. Hayne sh!ts all over Dugan. And Dugans a soft c0ck

yy_cheng

Coach
i reckon hes got the blues 1 sewn up. i have never heard daley cream himself like that over hayne ever. and dugan played for him in country and plays for canberra

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Cheers. I use nrlstats for mine but LBA is the only thing they don't seem to record

They did until this year.

They've also gotten rid of cumulative stats as well as stats for previous years. I guess they want you to pay money for all that.

They can eat a dick.

Latest posts