What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Mannah - Retired

Bring back Tim

• Yes

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • No

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Don’t really care

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters

Noise

Coach
In all seriousness we aren't a f**king charity. We need to play well and find some form going into the finals. Sorry Tim, thank you for your service and best wishes but you won't be playing my smiley, goofy friend.
Agreed. Mannah must have really pissed BA off when he went sooking to the Tigers. Understandable too.

How did Tepai make the team though? He has been shit.

He deserves a go because he's at least as good as others who are in the team. On the face of it it looks like a shit way to treat a bloke who put in so much for so long.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
He deserves a go because he's at least as good as others who are in the team. On the face of it it looks like a shit way to treat a bloke who put in so much for so long.
Agree. It looks a bit shit but merkins are always complaining that BA doesn't make big calls and sticks with favourites so I am cool with it.

He's been a great representative for the club but we've moved on now.

Agreed. Mannah must have really pissed BA off when he went sooking to the Tigers. Understandable too.

How did Tepai make the team though? He has been shit.
Even if true, how does that justify being blackballed? Other blokes miss fewer games for shit like eye gouging, drink driving and drug use.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Agree. It looks a bit shit but merkins are always complaining that BA doesn't make big calls and sticks with favourites so I am cool with it.

He's been a great representative for the club but we've moved on now.
Moved on to Tepai :neutral_face:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Even if true, how does that justify being blackballed? Other blokes miss fewer games for shit like eye gouging, drink driving and drug use.
He is as good as a couple of plodders at best, but the potential upside in those plodders is far greater than anything Timmynator can bring at this point.

Just how I see it.

Noise

Coach
Because the coach (maybe the whole team) sees it as purposely walking out/giving up on them. Guys eye gouging or drink driving are making an impulsive spur of the moment decision and are not consciusly turning their back on the team.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
He shat on his own eyebrows when he did that. Particularly when he got all funny about our supposed culture problems.

Because the coach (maybe the whole team) sees it as purposely walking out/giving up on them. Guys eye gouging or drink driving are making an impulsive spur of the moment decision and are not consciusly turning their back on the team.
I don't see it as something unforgiveable. Maybe he was even told he'd never play again. If so he should have been let go. I hope he plays for someone else next year and makes BA look like a dick.

Noise

Coach
I don't see it as something unforgiveable. Maybe he was even told he'd never play again. If so he should have been let go. I hope he plays for someone else next year and makes BA look like a dick.
He was let go. Tigers changed their mind on him so we were stuck with him.

It's unforgivable IMO. And in a ream sport like rugby league where the so much emphasis is having the back of your team mate, having a team leader sook to another team when he's dropped shows his team mates how important the team is to him.

He was let go. Tigers changed their mind on him so we were stuck with him.

It's unforgivable IMO. And in a ream sport like rugby league where the so much emphasis is having the back of your team mate, having a team leader sook to another team when he's dropped shows his team mates how important the team is to him.
Are you talking about the reported $50K shortfall or something else?

As for the rest, he's his own manager so I'm not surprised it was a little clumsy. Players change clubs all the time but they don't get dropped forever because of it.

Noise

Coach
Are you talking about the reported $50K shortfall or something else?

As for the rest, he's his own manager so I'm not surprised it was a little clumsy. Players change clubs all the time but they don't get dropped forever because of it.
I'm talking about how we did let him go (you said we 'should have let him go', we did). The tigers wanted him but then decided against it. I'm not sure of the $$ involved but if he wanted to go sook to the Tigers why should we make up the shortfall?

For years we have been complaining about our loser culture and how often our players seem to give up and show no toughness. Here is our leader doing those exact things we all hate. I'm no BA fan but if he is trying to change this loser/quitter mentality and won't stand for it then good on him.

I'm talking about how we did let him go (you said we 'should have let him go', we did). The tigers wanted him but then decided against it. I'm not sure of the $$ involved but if he wanted to go sook to the Tigers why should we make up the shortfall?

For years we have been complaining about our loser culture and how often our players seem to give up and show no toughness. Here is our leader doing those exact things we all hate. I'm no BA fan but if he is trying to change this loser/quitter mentality and won't stand for it then good on him.
But do you know that the Tigers changed their mind? Last we heard was McGuire talking like it was a done deal and about all the things he'd bring them. A couple of days later it's off. I had the impression Mannah was talked out of leaving rather than the Tigers losing interest.

hindy111

Post Whore
There was a rumour earlier in year about Tim which I thought was laughable. Now I reckon it has merrit.

Eelpout

Juniors
There was a rumour earlier in year about Tim which I thought was laughable. Now I reckon it has merrit.

And that rumour is? To be honest I think we have really missed a psychological boost by not giving him a run. But that's just me from the outside.

Latest posts