What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do we make the 8?

leaguelegend21

Juniors
Gentleman, lads and boys,

Myself and the creative team at Leaguelegend21 Pty Ltd have been crunching the numbers and have predicted that we make the top 8 this year.

I have been playing around with the NRL Ladder Predictor (https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/25/nrl-ladder-predictor-returns-in-2019/) and even with the most conservative of estimates, I think we will sneak into the finals in 7th or 8th spot. Penrith and Cronulla have very tough draws, and Newcastle appear shot. Our biggest challenge comes from the Broncos, however they also play Souths and Melbourne.

If we can only drop one game (presumably to Manly), at a MAXIMUM two, we will make the top eight. I hope with the news of living legend Robbie Farah's retirement the boys come out firing and send our hero out with a bang.

So come on fellas - lets really get behind the boys in these next couple of weeks. Limited negativity (unless its towards the walking, talking, living, breathing human SLUG Robert Jennings), all positivity and lets ride this team all the way to the semis!

Tigerm

First Grade
I'm positive, I think, my heart says we can, but my head says its a bridge too far.
If only we had a reliable goal licker, what could've been.

magpie_man

Juniors
It's entirely possible; we probably have the easiest run home out of the teams contending for 6th-8th.
But there's always that perpetual fly in the ointment: we're the Wests Tigers.

I'm positive, I think, my heart says we can, but my head says its a bridge too far.
If only we had a reliable goal licker, what could've been.
My thoughts as well.

Plus the differential which currently sits at minus 66 means that its just not winning but need to snag a big points win and hope that others lose by big margins.

Penrith are on 20 points with minus 61 which is not much better than us but still 1 win better,
Broncs are on 19 with a minus 20 which is still 46 differential better than the Tigers,

Then the 3 teams with us on 18 points,
Knights have a plus 9,
Sharks have a minus 7,

It will/could be close though.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Cowboys - Lecihhardt
Dogs - ANZ
Manly - Brookvale
Knights - Campbelltown
Dragons - SCG
Sharks - Leichhardt

The next 2 are vital. They’re probably the ‘easiest’ (if there’s such a thing) so dropping either of them probably means season over. Can’t see us beating Manly at Brookie. Wouldn’t surprise if the last round is a play off for a finals spot.

BTW Fox Sports have us only winning 1 of those 6!

Tiger05

First Grade
I have no confidence in us making the 8. We always struggle under pressure and we have to win a lot of games without dropping many.

I intend to enjoy every win that we have and not worry about making the finals. If we make it that is great. If not I think we have learnt a lot this year.

Last edited:

Perth Tiger

Bench
So all we need to do is beat 5 teams currently outside the eight and we will make it.

If we play consistently at or near our best we should do it easily.

But I haven't seen us play 6 weeks of consistent footy since 2011 and I can't see us starting now :(

But that wont stop me being hopeful each week.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
I share similar sentiments with the comments above. Heart says hell yeah, head says f**k no. I had a play with the ladder (and albeit I only tipped us to lose against Manly), here's how it panned out for my fanciful selections:

1 - Storm
2 - Raiders
3 - Roosters
4 - Souffs
5 - Manly
6 - Eels
7 - Tigers
8 - Broncos

Cowboys - Lecihhardt
Dogs - ANZ
Manly - Brookvale
Knights - Campbelltown
Dragons - SCG
Sharks - Leichhardt

The next 2 are vital. They’re probably the ‘easiest’ (if there’s such a thing) so dropping either of them probably means season over. Can’t see us beating Manly at Brookie. Wouldn’t surprise if the last round is a play off for a finals spot

3 'home' games, so without a doubt they have to be up for those games plus some. Dogs and Dragons based on the table, well, that usually means nothing except not winning. The 'upset' has to be the game at Brookie.

Blow that up and paste it around the sheds b4 each game now.

Cowboys - Lecihhardt
Dogs - ANZ
Manly - Brookvale
Knights - Campbelltown
Dragons - SCG
Sharks - Leichhardt

The next 2 are vital. They’re probably the ‘easiest’ (if there’s such a thing) so dropping either of them probably means season over. Can’t see us beating Manly at Brookie. Wouldn’t surprise if the last round is a play off for a finals spot.

Penrith will play the Broncos, Sharks and Knights in the coming weeks as well, so they'll be taking points off one another.

We have been down this road before and ended up being disappointed,I have no expectations of reaching the semis but would loved to see the WT go on a run and make them.

super_coach

First Grade
Most of the remaining games are fifty fifty bets at best. So I can’t see them going on a winning streak. They will probably win three and lose three. Of course not impossible, but highly unlikely.

Das Hassler

Bench
No major injury outs ( all due respect to Fanua and Matalino)...no suspensions..the spine is gelling well...Lawrence getting his match fitness back...no club drama...within reach and Farah's last hurrah..what else do they need?

Oh....and perhaps finally an ok enough goalkicker to help it along

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
Cowboys - Lecihhardt - I reckon we can win this
Dogs - ANZ - This will be the true test. We always seem to lose to the dogs when we should win.
Manly - Brookvale - Don't see us beating manly in brooky
Knights - Campbelltown - knights will be out for blood and have learnt there lesson. I would hope we could win but I could just see them crushing us in a fury of vengence
Dragons - SCG - Dragons are a rabble, we should be able to get one over them
Sharks - Leichhardt - Will be a close one but I reckon we can do it for Farah at Leichardt

Summary - I reckon we will lose to Manly and Knights but win all others

super_coach

First Grade
People have very short memories when it comes to the Tigers in crunch must win games. History gives me zero confidence. Although unlike last year, there will be no blow outs, this team will be in the contest in all the remaining games. Just think they blew their chance earlier in the season in a few games. If they took their chances we would be talking top four

The unknown

Juniors
I reckon 26 will be enough this year, however seeing how aids our +/- is we might need to win a couple 20+ games

On that basis

4/6 and we might squeeze in

5/6 highly likely we play finals footy

6/6 Guaranteed

Anything less than 4 wins, no chance.

Last edited: