What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

• I want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 60 17.2%
  • I don't want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 113 32.4%
  • I couldn't care less if he returns or not.

Votes: 176 50.4%

• Total voters
skysports-israel-folau-catalans-dragons_4921129.jpg

Controversial signing Israel Folau scored a try on his Catalans Dragons debut as the French club beat Castleford Tigers 36-18 in Super League.

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/catalans-vs-castleford/report/52670

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/su...n/news-story/216d9a39408661eeb26876933055bd96
Israel Folau may have been expecting a slightly hostile reception for his rugby league comeback, but his home crowd treated him to a hero's welcome.
The Catalans Dragons supporters filled the ground with chants of "Izzy! Izzy!" as Folau crossed to score a dream debut try after just five minutes.

The former Wallaby, whose signing after homophobic social media posts courted widespread controversy, was mobbed by teammates as he celebrated his first points as a Super League star.

He then received a warm reception on full-time, holding his hands up to the crowd, giving them a clap and a thumb's up in recognition.

He then wandered around the ground to mingle with fans, stopping to take selfies and chatting with supporters.

At least one protester was confronted by Dragons official and asked on two occasions to remove a rainbow flag.

Rival Super League clubs have promised some forms of protest in their fixture against Folau's Catalans side. He may expect a less welcoming crowd in his first trip away.
74ef9b3f0298ea0475825fed857e3838

A woman protesting at Israel Folau's Super League debut was allegedly told to remove her rainbow flag.

Alison Grey revealed she was confronted by officials on two occasions and asked to remove the flag, but she kept it draped around her shoulders in an act of protest.

She was first told the flag contravened healthy and safety and the second time around that it was against club policy.

Her brother Chris Grey first revealed on Twitter: "This is my sister at the Dragons vs Castleford game. She has been asked to remove her rainbow flag at homophobic Israel Folau's debut.

"Absolutely disgusting."

Folau's signing has been met with widespread condemnation following the axing of his Wallabies contract over inflammatory and homophobic posts on social media.

9e8d9f5361c8d843b0177f3a1bf12855

Folau scored five minutes into his debut.Source: Getty Images
Some clubs have already pledged to protest in their next match against the Dragons while Catalans bosses have been under pressure to explain the Folau signing.

Grey then followed up on Twitter: "Catalan have signed a known homophobe who cannot be registered to play rugby in Australia, and are now acting like this. Action must be taken. It is unacceptable."

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/su...t/news-story/32ec82e02d75f0fa7f27dc289f45459c

Xcalibre

Juniors
So wearing a rainbow flag is bad, but spreading hate online is ok? What’s the world coming to?

Mind you I don’t really care about Folau’s comments. It’s his and millions others’ belief. It’s his fame and the repercussions of what he says that has made it into such a big deal.

Also, I acknowledge that what he said was an issue for his employer, but that’s another issue.

blue bags

First Grade
roosters are having a trial training run in france with catalan dragons , before this weekends world club championship game

Bazal

Post Whore
This would cause publicity the NRL can well do without, but I don't honestly see under what legal grounds they could refuse to register him. He hasn't broken any laws.

Companies may employ whomever they wish.

Or choose not to employ....

Latest posts