What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you honestly think your team can win the premiership?

Do you Honestly think your team can win the premiership in 2007

• Total voters

Striker

Juniors
BRISBANE - YES
Back to back will be very difficult, but the pressure that has been on the club coming into the final series over the past few seasons has been released with the premiership this season.

Muffdaddy

Juniors
Roosters. My heart says yes, but head says, I don't think so. You just never know though....You just need a bit of confidence, a lot of luck, no injuries, and you just never know. You can't really rule anyone out these days.

>zuzu<

Juniors
Dogs - Doubt we will come 2nd like this year, after 1 major loss and 1 semi-major loss in Myles. Top 4 is a maybe, top 8 for sure. If we make it to the semis we will be a threat. Can we win it? Yes .. Will it be difficult? f**k YES!

Choppies

Coach
Yeh probably. I mean virtually any team can and has done it in the last couple of years.
Realisticly I am expecting a finals berth at the least.
With a change in attitude at the club it gives you a good feeling about 2007 plus the youngsters stepping up it's how well they wanna go.

LESStar58

Referee
Rocco said:
Melbourne are the new canberra raiders of the 90s.

3 premierships from 4 apperances.......wouldn't that be nice.

We can only improve from 2006 and I think we'll go close to challenging again in 07.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Seriously if penrith can't win the comp in 2007 then i hope melbourne wins.

Can penrith win? No we can't. But they said we couldn't win it in 2003 either ;-)

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
Melbourne are my bets for '07. I see a lot of parallels with circa '95 Manly Warringah, and I wouldn't bet against them claiming the minor premiership-premiership double next year. No notable losses from this year, and they were clearly the best team in the NRL from Round 3 until the Grand Final - and it's arguable whether they were outplayed there, or just got unlucky. The Grand Final loss will do them good.

As for my teams... I think Newcastle have a shot, but it's heavily contingent on Johns and Buderus going through the season uninjured and un-suspended. Losing Matt Gidley and Brian Carney is going to sting, though I am excited about Mullen's continued development, and I think Thaiday has the capacity for enormous improvement.

Manly... have little confidence in Orford to perform in the finals, and I don't think Lyon covers for the loss of Kennedy. They'll make the eight, but I don't know that they'll do much once they're there.

Wests, I have no clue. Interested to see how quickly Marshall rehabilitates - if he's injured again I doubt they'll make the eight.

HevyDevy

Coach
Hutty1986 said:
Dragons-Definitely. Great outside backs and good creativity in the halves

Will have learnt from PF losses the past 2 seasons and can certainly win it in 2007

hahahahahaha - and Gasnier at five-eighth. Good luck.

Me and Parra - doubt it. The loss of Morris, Widders and Morrison will hurt as well as McKinnon. Imagine replacing Widders and Morris with Lowrie and Finch? The more I think about it the more depressed I become.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Knights - yes. The Gidley/Carney combination will be a big loss along with Quinny on the other wing. And I think the loss of Gids is going to hurt so much more than what everyone is predicting. Its somewhat offset by the recruitment of Doogs, provided he finds that form which he showed a glimpse or two of at Souths last year. Pretty much the same side as last year, without those two and Bedsy with a few more games to go on his suspension. Obviously its all dependant on Johns and Buderus playing 75%+ of the games throughout the season. If they do, the Knights will give the comp a real shake.

The Colonel

Immortal
HevyDevy said:
The loss of Morris, Widders and Morrison will hurt as well as McKinnon. Imagine replacing Widders and Morris with Lowrie and Finch? The more I think about it the more depressed I become.

Maybe imagine replacing Widders with Mateo for a start. Reddy is a more than capable replacement for McKinnon but with luck Hayne will be considered in his rightful role at fullback. Morrison will be missed. As for Finch - the jury is out but he'll be playing under a coach that he has had a good relationship, all be it at a lower level, in the past. Who knows.

The Eels will hopefully field a very young side next year so I don't expect a great deal out of them outside of finishing somewhere in the top eight.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Warriors - yes, although we'll need to play above ourselves a bit. Our roster is as strong as lasyt year and we'll benefit a lot from the increased experience in the halves and in the coaches box. I'm very confident we'll make the finals at least.

tbone10

Juniors
Manly - yes, but we'll need to cover for BK. I think the centre pairing is close to the best in the NRL and a strong backline. Need someone to to step up for BK (time for Watmough to deliver) and Orford to actually do something in the finals.

innsaneink

Referee
Wests.

Do you honestly think your team can win the premiership?

No....but I thought the same - even more in the negative in '05 - and we won it.

Our forwards or lack of and the halves have me concerned about even making the 8 tbh, but '03 and '05 showed really anythings possible.

-Dr.J-

Juniors
Warriors, yes I am more confident than I've been in a while to be honest. We have some very exciting juniors that are at the right age now to bring through, as well as some sensible buys and some quality experience there as well. Last year was one to iron out key positions and work on combinations, this year we'll be able to hit the ground running without experimenting too much.

People should take a long hard look at the Warriors for this coming season because although yeah I'm a bit oned eyed (who isn't) I think we might surprise people as we've always been a bit of a sleeping giant. Now with correct admin coaching and a good blend in our team this could be it. Finals at least, I'd say. Many of our juniors have been dishing it out for the past couple of years in the Junior Kiwi's and / or New Zealand A where we've been largely dominant over our aussie counterparts.. This year will be about prudent blooding of these kids and some decent results for this year and beyond.

P.S: Good outside back buys in Aiden Kirk and Mick Crockett too. Both have the talent to go places.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Mr Saab said:
Yes, although it will be tough minus Scott Minto and Casey McGuire.

Dont underestimate the loss of Webcke, it will be hugh.

Anywas yes i do think the Eels can win the premiership but my hopes arent as high as the start of the previous season. I think we can but im not very confident basically.

yobbo84

Coach
Souths will have a near full rep forward pack, pace to burn in the backs, a talented up and coming coach, a handful of very talented players coming through... can we win the comp? Hell no. I'd just like to see us compete every single week. Although I do long for the day when I hear an opposing supporter say "Oh sh*t, we play Souths this week! We'll get smashed!".

-Dr.J-

Juniors
Good on you Yobbo, I hope to see Souths kick ass next year (apart from ours). It's die hard supporters like you that really matter to a team, you'll prolly collect a few more fair weather sailors this year with predicted improvements.