What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you honestly think your team can win the premiership?

Do you Honestly think your team can win the premiership in 2007

• Total voters

Stewie Griffin

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
Yes, although it will be tough minus Scott Minto and Casey McGuire.

i dont know if minto and mcguire will be sorely missed...
putting ennis at hooker and berrigan on bench will fill the void left by mcguire and with minto, he didn't play many games anyway, we've got boyd, tupou, michaels and could always put tate on wing

Geohood

Bench
We have the players to do it. (Roosters)

Who knows .. lets just watch and see how things progress through the season.

Mr Saab

Referee
Stewie Griffin said:
i dont know if minto and mcguire will be sorely missed...
putting ennis at hooker and berrigan on bench will fill the void left by mcguire and with minto, he didn't play many games anyway, we've got boyd, tupou, michaels and could always put tate on wing

It was sarcasm

Mr Saab

Referee
As much as Minto and Casey were great Bronco clubman, they wont be missed on the field as much as say if a Lockyer or Hodges retired in the same yr.

Stewie Griffin

Juniors
i might be the only one, but i think people are thinking webcke's loss is a really big one, but i fail to see that. Sure he was one of the best props ever, and i love the bloke, but his time had come and he did the right thing to end it while everyone was clapping. You could tell that he was feeling less fit as the years progressed.

I was devastated when i first heard that he was going to retire at the end of the season, but when i gathered my senses and thought about it, his departure meant that we could afford to foster players that have talent ie, Hunt.

Even though no one will EVER replace the great man, i believe the broncos will manage without him, no disrespect to the bloke in anyway by the way. We have good props coming in so fingers crossed!!!

and also fingers crossed that the team stays fit and uninjured next season!!

Raider_69

Post Whore
Will canberra win the comp? No
Can we? Yes

we will have the team and talent across the board to win it if everything clicks, but its highly unlikely that with so many faces and so many young blokes in key positions they we are banking on, that it'll click quick enough to give us a real shot. 2007 raiders premiership is extremely unlikely, however not impossible

Misty Bee

First Grade
Rocco said:
Brisbane - YES!!! We now have young players coming through like Hannant and Thaiday, Eastwood and Darius Boyd. Darren Lockyer playing his best footy of his career and Justin Hodges again being a threat at the back. we are becoming once known the most feared team RL again!

And Melbourne are the new canberra raiders of the 90s.

So they'll win one premiership and fade into oblivion?????

The Eels have a chance. Plenty of experience, and a good mix of youth in the pack with the likes of Cordoba and Tsoulos ready to step up. Ridell and PJ give us a great springboard for attack. We have excellent 3/4s whom I would put up against any side. I also expect our new halves pairing to offer plenty of variety. Plus a new coach with winning experience.

I think other clubs should have a better chance, but if injuries and form favour us, we can do it.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
Dragons.

Yes, we can win it. The last of Brownies ex team-mates have departed, and with a good blend of experience and youth along with a fair rub of the green we are more than capable.

Bib

Juniors
1. Hodgo
2. Mcdonnell
3. Collis
4. Fats (whatariua)
5. Fitzhenry
6. Marshall
7. Morris
8. Gibbs
9. Farrah
10. Ohara
11.galea (danny)
12.galea (ben)
13. Fulton

14. payten
15.hennington
16.galloway
17.haletau

18.harrsion
19. flanngan

That team if it stays on the paddock will do reasonably well, but injuries happen at every club at to lose prince, skando, laffranchi, elford and lolesi hurts out depth big time!!!! We wont win it, Melbourne will win for sure, in fact you can put your house on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Misty Bee

First Grade
I wouldn't put Saab's house on it.

So much hinges on factors that clubs can't control. I'm certain that referees interpretation in 06 diffred from 05, and the final 8 was determined by it. IN 06 we had big forwards dominating, lying on rucks etc. Last year, we has 2 smaller sides with teriffic ball movement and speed in the GF.

Sides can build for one style, and hope that style is in vogue come late winter. What that will be in 07 is anybodies guess.