What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you honestly think your team can win the premiership?

Do you Honestly think your team can win the premiership in 2007

• Total voters

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Sharks - I think the club is heading in the right direction

As to winning the thing in 2007, not a hope in hell if that toxic gnome Nobby is in the team.

Navjot

Juniors
Ken oath a bit of luck in the injury department and i think we can put ourselves back in the mix again.

simostorm

Bench
Melbourne yes, I think there in with a chance, abit worried though after seeing what happened to the cowboys this year though, hopefully Storm
can get back to the GF though.

Parra and Manly look really good IMO though for next year.
And I have a feeling about the warriors.

Rocco

Juniors
>zuzu< said:
Dogs - Doubt we will come 2nd like this year, after 1 major loss and 1 semi-major loss in Myles. Top 4 is a maybe, top 8 for sure. If we make it to the semis we will be a threat. Can we win it? Yes .. Will it be difficult? f**k YES!

Truth cuts deep to dogs fans, you people need someone to tell you what the real world is thinking about your no name club, your not the super power you all think havent been for years.

mattyg

Bench
Rocco said:
Truth cuts deep to dogs fans, you people need someone to tell you what the real world is thinking about your no name club, your not the super power you all think havent been for years.

You once again prove that you are the biggest idiot posting on these forums.

In this day an age no team is a super power, which is why we have seen so many different premiers over the last few years. I find it hard to believe how we are a "no name club", we won a premiership only 2 years ago? Are you forgetting that.

In terms of recent records, the Bulldogs are still at the top of the list in terms of achievements in this era. 6 premierships in 26 years is only 2nd to Brisbane since 1980. Brisbane have won 6 since the beginning of the 1990's, including the SL claytons premiership. ;-)

So what exactly is the real world thinking about us Rocco? Again you prove how jealous you are of our great club.

Rocco

Juniors
im not jealous mate.

im just expressing my opinion on how farce your club is. and i forgot how your team cheated their way to win the 2004 gf.

mattyg

Bench
Rocco said:
im not jealous mate.

im just expressing my opinion on how farce your club is. and i forgot how your team cheated their way to win the 2004 gf.

Oh please. We copped the punishment in 2002, and during 2003 we lost heaps of key players whilst we were rebuilding from the cap. 2004 we won under extreme circumstances, our club went through everything that year and we still won it. No other clubs would have done that.

And why exactly is my club a farce? Is 6 premierships in 26 years not good enough for you? Is the forward pack with the most representative experience in the world not good enough?

Rocco

Juniors
mattyg said:
Oh please. We copped the punishment in 2002, and during 2003 we lost heaps of key players whilst we were rebuilding from the cap. 2004 we won under extreme circumstances, our club went through everything that year and we still won it. No other clubs would have done that.

And why exactly is my club a farce? Is 6 premierships in 26 years not good enough for you? Is the forward pack with the most representative experience in the world not good enough?

your forward pack? :lol: dont make me laugh. your forward pack have been run over by the 'ageing' brisbane forward pack in the last 3 games :lol:]

your club has been a farce ever since the 80s. and the old school supporters can back that up for you.

mattyg

Bench
Rocco said:
your forward pack? :lol: dont make me laugh. your forward pack have been run over by the 'ageing' brisbane forward pack in the last 3 games :lol:]

your club has been a farce ever since the 80s. and the old school supporters can back that up for you.

1990's
Grand Finalists 1994
Premiers 1995
Grand Finalists 1998

In the 2000's:
2001 - 2nd after 26 rounds
2002 - Would have been 1st
2003 - 3rd after 26 rounds/prelim final
2004 - premiers
2006 - 2nd after 26 rounds/prelim final

Yeah im sure that is a farce...

Our forward pack despite losing to the more experienced Brisbane pack on a few occasions this year, is filled with rep stars, and they are only getting better. We didn't come 2nd on the ladder for no reason.

OVP

Coach
The Roosters WILL be back ... and i can hear the wails of injustice right now :lol:

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Wow 81% reckon their team can win it next year and we haven't even been exposed to the annual 'your teams chances' from the experts like Gould, Sterlo and Lozza.

miccle

Bench
Brisbane - Yes.

Still have a great playing roster, Lockyer is in the best form of his career and I have a lot of faith in our coaching and management staff. They did the job in 2006 and many will be better for the run next year.

I'm not saying we will win it, nowhere near it... but we definitely have the potential (along with around 12 other clubs :lol:

Eelementary

Post Whore
1. Hayne
2. Inu
3. Smith
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Finch
7. Smith
8. Cayless (C)
9. Riddell
10. Moimoi
11. Hindmarsh
12. Hindmarsh
13. Mateo
14. Marsh
15. Lowrie
16. Cannings
17. Cordoba

That would be my personal team. I voted "yes". Why?

* I believe that backline is as good as anyone else's. Maybe a little green, but the class in it is undebatable.

* The halves...While both players cop a lot of criticism, I don't believe you can question their respective abilities. They are both good players, and they have the right attitude.

* A good forward pack combining aggression (Moimoi), with skill (Mateo) and workmanship (the Hindmarshs and Cayless).

Combined with fresh coaching tactics and a coach that takes a different approach...And we could win the 2007 Premiership.

Mr Saab

Referee
Misty Bee said:
I wouldn't put Saab's house on it.

I would put your house on it, but if i did then i would only get about
$500 back with the odds of $5 given about the chances of Brisbane winning in 2006.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Yeah, your mummy would take the other couple of mil, and reward you with a Kinder Surprise....

And then have to build the toy for you.....

Mr Saab

Referee
Thats funny misty...i will credit you there. You actually made me laugh for once in your tragic 1986 life.

Tigers, YES, Marshall, Farah and Hodgson must all have years like their 2005 years, and Galloway, O'Hara and Payten must all step up

Rocco

Juniors
mattyg said:
1990's
Grand Finalists 1994
Premiers 1995
Grand Finalists 1998

In the 2000's:
2001 - 2nd after 26 rounds
2002 - Would have been 1st
2003 - 3rd after 26 rounds/prelim final
2004 - premiers
2006 - 2nd after 26 rounds/prelim final

Yeah im sure that is a farce...

Our forward pack despite losing to the more experienced Brisbane pack on a few occasions this year, is filled with rep stars, and they are only getting better. We didn't come 2nd on the ladder for no reason.

oh really? funny you said that if they are getting better than why didnt they go on and beat us in the prelims and than go on to win premiership? you have a team full of soft c**ks and thugs

as for your team to come 2nd was no coincidence. they were expected to beat the sh*t teams but never delivered against brisbane and melbourne. it explains how absolutely sh*t your team really is.