What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you play for a club?

Dogaholic

First Grade
Just curious to see who here plays for a club, in what association and at what level?

To get things started, i'll start with myself. This year i was playing for Earlwood Wanderers in the Canterbury Association, Premier League Division 2. I play Right/Left wing and/or Striker.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
I used to play for a number of clubs around Rockhampton.

Started off at Parkana when I was 5 or 6, played for them for a few years at central defence.

Then played for Frenchville for five years, started off at central defence, moved to striker and then towards the end became mister fix-it. Basically first choice replacement at everywhere except central midfield and goalie. I was also the guy the coach turned to when he wanted an opponent dangerman marked out of the match.

Then I had my glory year at Southside when I was 15. Started at central defence but then moved to striker, a move which soon saw me drafted into the youth side and even make my fell Men's debut (where I scored two goals). I believe I was in the running to make the Central Queensland u/15 side that year, but the fact that I really only shined when playing for a weaker team worked against me (the big fish in the small pond scenario, so to speak).

I had one more year when I played at Frenchville again, but I dropped out halfway through the year and haven't played since.

Can anyone else claim to have a strike-rate of 2 goals in every game they played at adult level? :twisted: Of course, I only played one game. :lol:

Moffo

Referee
Played lower grades for Marconi while growing up, im hoping to get back into it next year and get into a lower mens league

Always played goalkeeper. Its the way to go!

Moffo said:
Played lower grades for Marconi while growing up, im hoping to get back into it next year and get into a lower mens league

They say all good goalkeepers are insane - starting to fit into place now, Moffo! :lol:

I playued for Rockdale Youth in the St George association. The some junior youth league with St George Budapest. Played stopper/sweeper. One of my records was I played for 17 years as a defender and never got a yellow card or red card and only gave away one penalty. Also played some keeper. Now am involved in coaching at Carrs Park.

SP

Bench
I use to play for my schools i went to in Sydney and Toowoomba. I played mainly as a right back/midfield and also was the 3rd choice goalkeeper, but didnt play as a keeper though.

I played until i was about 13, then played league for a while until i was 18

Then i stopped playing league after my shoulder injury for 2 yrs and looking to play for probably Caboolture (i dont know what division they play in, i think it may be north brisbane or something like that)

Moffo

Referee
Dean Moriarty said:
Moffo said:

They say all good goalkeepers are insane - starting to fit into place now, Moffo! :lol:

We are misunderstood, that is all :lol:

MONY

Juniors
i have played for heathcote in 16's 17's and 18's...... as a striker.

1st season: 9 goals
2nd: 11
3rd: 20

total: 40 goals in 33 games.... :D

i have played for the following clubs on the gold coast:

Mudgeeraba (1994)
Merrimac (1 game in 1995)
Broadbeach (1995-1996)
Burleigh (Half of 1997)
Broadbeach (other half of 97-98)
Musgrave (half of 1999)
Surfers Paradise (other half on 1999-2001)

havent played since but yeah im a goalkeeper haha

Dogaholic

First Grade
I've also player for Birrong 2 seasons , Marrickville Red Devils for one season. I think my team is moving to Stanmore Hawkes next year...not too sure what division

chileman

Coach
Player, captain, coach and founder of the Parklands Eagles up here in Brisneyland in Div 3 although we won the grand final so will probably be promoted to Div 2 next season! It's a Dogs World, my dad use to play for the Earlwood Wanderers...are they still in the Newcastle strip???
Mony, I played for Heathcote Waratahs (NSW) for 3 years....is that the club you are talking about??? Is Scott Kenny, Shaun Grills still involved with the Club??

Dogaholic

First Grade
chileman said:
Player, captain, coach and founder of the Parklands Eagles up here in Brisneyland in Div 3 although we won the grand final so will probably be promoted to Div 2 next season! It's a Dogs World, my dad use to play for the Earlwood Wanderers...are they still in the Newcastle strip???
Mony, I played for Heathcote Waratahs (NSW) for 3 years....is that the club you are talking about??? Is Scott Kenny, Shaun Grills still involved with the Club??

Chileman, our strip is predominately yellow with a bit of black on it, we wear black shorts.

We lost the Grandfinal this season, had about 6-7 injuries though, including myself so i didn't get to play in it :(

Congratulations on your victory and all the best for next season :lol:

I scored a goal from the sideline this season :D

chileman

Coach
Oh ok amigo, my dad played for them in the 50's and 60's and they were black and white stripes back then.....goal from the sideline...that always feels good :mrgreen:

Foz

Bench
I played a year for Central Coast
About 20 for Umina (juniors all the way through to Premier League)
and about 3 for Southern United in Premier League.
Had the odd junior rep and schoolboy rep games along the way.
Throw in a year with Woy Woy Rugby League and a year with Terrigal Australian Rules and a lot of indoor soccer along the way and you'll know why I'm happily retired.
Coached a few years as well.

Phillips

Referee
I played one game as goalie when i was a kid....let in a few goals BUT also saved one :lol:

cant even remeber what my team was called #-o

Dog-E

Juniors
Played for Enfield Rovers for 13 years now! - Just playing for fun now, not in a high division at all - And the same 4 mates that joined Enfield together 13 years ago - we are STILL playing together!

Canterbury District...Played in div Premier League 4 this year...have played against the Earlwood Wanderers & Marrickville Red Devils MANY MANY times down the years Dogslife!

Finished a mere ONE point out of the semis in 5th pace this year...Crashed and BUUUURNED badly - losing our last 3 games, and sliding out of the top 4 only in the very last week!...A VERY disappointing season! :(

I play normally up front...but also drop back into midfield, or on the wings as required by injury/suspension/someone sleeping in on saturday morning after a big friday night & not getting to the game until half-time! (The most common!) :p

Two years with the Marrickville Red Devils and seven with the Bexley North Bombers.

Started off at right mid but moved to right back.

Did anyone ever get a straight red card and have to go face "The Federation" at St George Soccer Stadium?

Daithi O'Conaill said:
Two years with the Marrickville Red Devils and seven with the Bexley North Bombers.

Started off at right mid but moved to right back.

Did anyone ever get a straight red card and have to go face "The Federation" at St George Soccer Stadium?

No but as a coach I have been there. It was actually at Mortdale at the ole St George Budapest Club back in those days.

*supergal*

Juniors
YES! i play in a girls team and we won the grand final last season. it was so good beuase the other team were like total bitches!!!!! :roll:

im a striker like david beckham !!!! :D