What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 106 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 109 50.7%

• Total voters

IFR33K

Coach
We have a much better squad now which makes his job easier.

He wasn't great at getting the best out of a bunch of shitbags and he definitely had his share of f**k ups with recruitment, but we are finally looking like a decent team.

I was with others that said he should have been punted a couple of years ago because I think we should have built up to where we are now a lot earlier. Credit where its due though. We've improved nicely, even if it was a bit slow and felt at times like it was 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

well said, he’s done well, but we’ve failed when it matters. Is BA BS mark 2??? Not sure but until he delivers a premiership, he’ll just be a decent coach IMO

Bazal

Post Whore
We have a much better squad now which makes his job easier.

He wasn't great at getting the best out of a bunch of shitbags and he definitely had his share of f**k ups with recruitment, but we are finally looking like a decent team.

I was with others that said he should have been punted a couple of years ago because I think we should have built up to where we are now a lot earlier. Credit where its due though. We've improved nicely, even if it was a bit slow and felt at times like it was 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

I don't feel particularly strongly about the bold part either way

I feel like it's clear BA always knew what type of side he wanted , but he was often hamstrung a bit by the club he was at. Both reputationally and in terms of off field shit.

He signed Foran, only for Seward to take command and give him a ludicrous contract. His bosses cheated apparently behind his back and set him back at least a couple of seasons. He's always looked for size and/skill in the forwards, but had to make do with who would actually sign.

A bit of luck and good use of that luck with Moses and Paulo helped a lot. So did some very astute buying with guys like Lane, Gutho, Nrown, Sivo and others.

So yeah. Maybe it was a bit slow, but I also don't think the blame lies solely with BA for that. And I do think he underrates the importance of hookers. You'd think he'd have learned from the Bern!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
well said, he’s done well, but we’ve failed when it matters. Is BA BS mark 2??? Not sure but until he delivers a premiership, he’ll just be a decent coach IMO
That's fair...and now we've got $500 riding on it I will be BA's biggest fanboy.

Come on you bald merkin, get it done!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I don't feel particularly strongly about the bold part either way

I feel like it's clear BA always knew what type of side he wanted , but he was often hamstrung a bit by the club he was at. Both reputationally and in terms of off field shit.

He signed Foran, only for Seward to take command and give him a ludicrous contract. His bosses cheated apparently behind his back and set him back at least a couple of seasons. He's always looked for size and/skill in the forwards, but had to make do with who would actually sign.

A bit of luck and good use of that luck with Moses and Paulo helped a lot. So did some very astute buying with guys like Lane, Gutho, Nrown, Sivo and others.

So yeah. Maybe it was a bit slow, but I also don't think the blame lies solely with BA for that. And I do think he underrates the importance of hookers. You'd think he'd have learned from the Bern!
Agree with that. The slow rebuild wasn't entirely his fault.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I want to see strong performances against The Chooks and The Cheats and no more score blow outs versus anyone. We will then know if we are the real deal. Defensively and fitness wise we look much improved. Why that took 8 seasons is anyones guess but I like what I see so far.
Hopefully we get to go to a game sooner than later.
I thought the crowd noise last night improved the coverage.
Lets go Parra!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Yep the crowd noise was really good. Also I'm pretty sure the cameramen made conscious efforts to not show the empty stands where possible.
200 annoying little XXXX drinking winking dwarves managed to get in.

Little merkins...

1cb7e14d56a8788d6d1e5d1c509c4fa9

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I want to see strong performances against The Chooks and The Cheats and no more score blow outs versus anyone. We will then know if we are the real deal. Defensively and fitness wise we look much improved. Why that took 8 seasons is anyones guess but I like what I see so far.
Hopefully we get to go to a game sooner than later.
I thought the crowd noise last night improved the coverage.
Lets go Parra!
It took seven seasons because we had to rebuild in the middle after 2016.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
NO ECXUSES!!!
I hit 88 at Meadowbrook today, not a great course but one of the few we can get on at the moment with groups of 4. Putted like a total mincer. Pretty good striding out in an Eels Polo in Brisbane after giving the Donkey's a quality rogering.

Latest posts