What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 110 50.7%

• Total voters

Eelspride

Juniors
What if another club tries to poach him?
Than the obvious choice in my opinion would come down to two candidates either Flanagan or Fittler and I prefer the latter but yet again Flanagan is a premiership winning coach been there before and done it.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So what changes to help us get to a prelim or better?
Individual player improvements, like how Papali'i and Mahoney went to a new level this year, and Penisini went from a schoolkid to a first grader. Even Dunster showed huge improvement this last month.

The Storm lost Slater and Cronk and replaced them with nuffies Papenhuyzen and Hughes. I've really liked our 'development' (junior recrutiment/retention) since O'Neill and co came on board. I reckon we can expect more diamonds in the rough to emerge. Guys like Russell and Kaufusi can be twice the player after a single big off-season.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I’m not sold on Brown as a half.

Could he and Gutho switch? As a support player I think brown would cause havoc with his speed
The problem is Gutherson and Drown are both great defenders where they are. Maybe they could just swap in attack.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Mine's only just coming good now after 7 months of therapy. I'd guess 85% back to normal.
Ive had both mine done. Then another small op as one froze during recovery. They'll never return to normal movement wise but am pain free nowadays. Shoulder pain is cruel.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How so?

The 2021 side played 24 games, won 15 lost 9 with a points differential of 109, finishing 6th. In the semis we beat the team that finished 7th and lost to the team who finished 2nd.
The 2020 side played 20 games, won 15 lost 5 with a points differential of 104, finishing 3rd. In the semis we lost to the team who finished 2nd and lost to the team who finished 6th.

How are we a far better side this year than last year?
The eye test should show you. Last year we won a lot of close ones, which essentially comes down to luck (like our loss last night). This year we also had a massive form slump which blew out our points differential, largely due to being heavily disrupted. Only two of our starters (both Browns) missed more than three games last year whereas this year eight of them missed five games or more. Blake, Matterson and Mahoney each missed nine games. But come finals time it was clear the team had improved.

Last edited: