What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 106 48.4%
  • No

Votes: 113 51.6%

• Total voters

IFR33K

Coach
Have we assembled a team capable of winning 9 of our first 12 games? Is the team better than that? Worse? Why are they not meeting your expectations? I expected us to lose exactly three games by this point (Melbourne, Canberra and Souths). In two of those I was surprised we won, and likewise I was surprised we lost to St George and Manly. But it's still three losses. It all comes out in the wash. Really, I'm just waiting for the finals and see who we have to play when we get there. If it's Penrith/Melbourne/Souths we'll probably go out in straight sets again. Anyone else and we're a fair chance of winning a game or two. It's very exciting.

People harp on about our defense, and the issues we’re having, but I’m Of the opinion our attack is almost as bad. I know we’ve scored some points the past few weeks, but we haven’t really evolved under BA as a coach. Week in week out, it’s always the same game plan. Issues never seem to get fixed, but rather hidden. We’re too one dimensional, without a plan b. They may work occasionally or against decent teams, but we’re next no chance against quality opposition in the finals. I don’t put that down to losing a better squad. Melbourne won a gf with brenko lee ffs. Last year Ba said fixing our offense was an easy fix. Lol yeah twas real easy. This week he’s admitted our right edge has issues. After 18 months he finally admits it but still can’t fix it. And don’t give me that “don’t believe everything he tells the media” bullshit. It’s not the fact that we lost the game. It’s the manner in which we’re losing. Regardless if we’re third, we don’t have the game in us too challenge the better teams. It’s simply bash and barge which is maybe good enough for park footy, but it won’t cut it here. Time and time again we’re caught in field by 10-15 metres. I’m not totally convinced the players are actually at fault...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
People harp on about our defense, and the issues we’re having, but I’m Of the opinion our attack is almost as bad.
Of course you f**ken do. Our spine has 800 NRL games and 30 origins between them. They should be way more fluid than this.
I know we’ve scored some points the past few weeks, but we haven’t really evolved under BA as a coach. Week in week out, it’s always the same game plan. Issues never seem to get fixed, but rather hidden. We’re too one dimensional, without a plan b. They may work occasionally or against decent teams, but we’re next no chance against quality opposition in the finals. I don’t put that down to losing a better squad. Melbourne won a gf with brenko lee ffs.
Brenko Lee who touched the ball 14 times per game during the finals? Massive contributor.
Last year Ba said fixing our offense was an easy fix. Lol yeah twas real easy.
We scored 24 points per game in the finals. No other finals team scored that many against either Melbourne or Souths.
This week he’s admitted our right edge has issues. After 18 months he finally admits it but still can’t fix it. And don’t give me that “don’t believe everything he tells the media” bullshit. It’s not the fact that we lost the game. It’s the manner in which we’re losing. Regardless if we’re third, we don’t have the game in us too challenge the better teams. It’s simply bash and barge which is maybe good enough for park footy, but it won’t cut it here. Time and time again we’re caught in field by 10-15 metres. I’m not totally convinced the players are actually at fault...
We could avoid overlaps by just spreading out more in the middle of the field, but then we would get rolled too easy up the guts. At least by compressing we force the opposition to pass the ball. Do you think Sivo scores the most tries because he is our best player? Or maybe the opposition's right edge defences are also shithouse?

IFR33K

Coach
Of course you f**ken do. Our spine has 800 NRL games and 30 origins between them. They should be way more fluid than this.

Brenko Lee who touched the ball 14 times per game during the finals? Massive contributor.

We scored 24 points per game in the finals. No other finals team scored that many against either Melbourne or Souths.

We could avoid overlaps by just spreading out more in the middle of the field, but then we would get rolled too easy up the guts. At least by compressing we force the opposition to pass the ball. Do you think Sivo scores the most tries because he is our best player? Or maybe the opposition's right edge defences are also shithouse?

Ok mate. All is rosey and there’s no issues with our structure. Hopefully they turn into origin players soon

hindy111

Post Whore
So BA has us sitting 3rd with a decent start to the season (yes last 2 weeks have been poor.)

However interestingly some who are probably leaning to replacing BA had us finishing a lot worse (obviously still plenty of footy still to go)...

So has BA exceeded expectations.....thus is he doing well....what is it? Can’t coach but exceeding expectations......

Our 3 losses haven't been competitive losses. They have been complete thumping. We where road kill.
Had we lost by 6 or less I wouldn't be concerned. Or if it was a hammering by Penrith or Storm. But at hom to Dragons and Manly is a concern.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Everybody knows my stance on the situation, but if the pro BA brigade can’t see the team’s shortcomings, or lack of certain structure, after 8 years, do you guys want Ba extended?

and for all this talk that our squad isn’t good enough, that’s absolute rubbish. Roosters and storm have had a horrid run with injuries this season. We’ve assembled a very capable team.
If that’s the case why didn’t more people predict us to finish higher on the ladder?

As for BA, I don’t see to many people saying his contract should be extended. As has been said countless times, any change of coach needs to be a change to a better option.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
People harp on about our defense, and the issues we’re having, but I’m Of the opinion our attack is almost as bad. I know we’ve scored some points the past few weeks, but we haven’t really evolved under BA as a coach. Week in week out, it’s always the same game plan. Issues never seem to get fixed, but rather hidden. We’re too one dimensional, without a plan b. They may work occasionally or against decent teams, but we’re next no chance against quality opposition in the finals. I don’t put that down to losing a better squad. Melbourne won a gf with brenko lee ffs. Last year Ba said fixing our offense was an easy fix. Lol yeah twas real easy. This week he’s admitted our right edge has issues. After 18 months he finally admits it but still can’t fix it. And don’t give me that “don’t believe everything he tells the media” bullshit. It’s not the fact that we lost the game. It’s the manner in which we’re losing. Regardless if we’re third, we don’t have the game in us too challenge the better teams. It’s simply bash and barge which is maybe good enough for park footy, but it won’t cut it here. Time and time again we’re caught in field by 10-15 metres. I’m not totally convinced the players are actually at fault...
Did you think at the start of the year that we could win a comp? Did anyone on here? Why are we all of a sudden surprised that we aren’t as good as the best.

I think a few people got a Kit Kat in the pants when we strung together some wins and as a result overlooked some of our plop. The plop is much more visible now but it was always there.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
Did you think at the start of the year that we could win a comp? Did anyone on here? Why are we all of a sudden surprised that we aren’t as good as the best.

I think a few people got a Kit Kat in the pants when we strung together some wins and as a result overlooked some of our plop. The plop is much more visible now but it was always there.
We just want to win a comp. If that means chopping and changing coaches, then so be it.

Do whatever it takes FFS.

f**k stability and who gives a f**k if BA bleeds blue and gold. Look at Penrith, they chopped and changed coaches till they got it right and now they are contenders.

IFR33K

Coach

After making the semis the past few years, of course I was thinking we’d be able to win the Comp. Still think we have the team to do it too..

Did you think Penrith would only lose one game (regular season) last year and be undefeated so far this year?

Did u think after losing slater, Cronk than cam, melb would still be a force?

I don’t think anyone predicted Penrith would be the machine they’ve become and it’s safe to assume everyone’s been thinking melb will be in decline the past few years. But they keep on keeping on.

The reason fans are upset is the way we’ve played the past two weeks. No game plan, one dimensional and no sight of improving defense. Plus the coach finally admitting there’s an issue when fans have been saying it for a while now

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
We just want to win a comp. If that means chopping and changing coaches, then so be it.

Do whatever it takes FFS.

f**k stability and who gives a f**k if BA bleeds blue and gold. Look at Penrith, they chopped and changed coaches till they got it right and now they are contenders.
Thats not why Penrith are contenders.

Chopping and changing generally leads to more plop.

As evidenced by what we served up 5-10 years ago.

As evidenced by what the Tigers are going through.

As evidenced by what the Broncos are going through.

As evidenced by what the Bulldogs are going through.

Noise

Coach
So BA has us sitting 3rd with a decent start to the season (yes last 2 weeks have been poor.)

However interestingly some who are probably leaning to replacing BA had us finishing a lot worse (obviously still plenty of footy still to go)...

So has BA exceeded expectations.....thus is he doing well....what is it? Can’t coach but exceeding expectations......
I want BA replaced because I don't think we will win a premiership or even get to a grand final with him at the helm. And all signs point to that continuing. It's got nothing to do with our recent losses or where we are on the ladder. He can't get us to lift against the good teams at the end of the year. 1 semi final win in 7 years.

Last edited:

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
Thats not why Penrith are contenders.

Chopping and changing generally leads to more plop.

As evidenced by what we served up 5-10 years ago.

As evidenced by what the Tigers are going through.

As evidenced by what the Broncos are going through.

As evidenced by what the Bulldogs are going through.
And eventually they will get it right and become contenders again, whilst we will still be counting the years since the last premiership.

hindy111

Post Whore

I predicted 10th based in our tactics not changing and getting exposed once other sides get going.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
And still no one has suggested a reasonable option to replace BA........
Flanagan
Seibold
Taylor
Gould
Brian Smith
Brian Smiths brother
Daniel Anderson
Hagan
Walker brothers
Any reserve grade coach

I think anyone at this point is a reasonable option over Arthur.

Arthur has had enough time

IFR33K

Coach
And still no one has suggested a reasonable option to replace BA........

All coaches were rookies once upon a time. surely the next super coach is waiting to be unleashed.

Flanno

Toovey

Jim Dymock (assistant to a few good coaches)

WB.

We could also offer robbo or Bellyache a deal too hard to say no.

Last edited: