What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 106 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 109 50.7%

• Total voters

the phantom menace

First Grade
I think like Fitzy's call on Brian Smith, we might be getting close to a non-extension call on BA beyond his current contract? If we can bust into the third week of finals (presumably from outside the top 4) he might earn a benefit of the doubt delay.

But anything less in September and the call needs to be made in the offseason, and search for successor begin in earnest.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If the people in charge aren't sounding out Bennett or Flanagan they aren't the right people in charge. Both have their faults but at least they know what winning looks like. Bea doesn't have a clue nor does his coaching staff.

Soto

Bench
Need a new voice..new ideas, new direction..
He's done well but he's reached his ceiling. Time to make the tough call. (Well easy really)
Yes we were sacking coaches every couple of before, however he's been here 8 years..its beyond him now. Rip the fkn band aid off

Chipmunk

Coach
I said at the back end of last season that we wouldn't improve whilst the same person/people are in charge of the attack. This change to our setup wasn't made and we haven't materially improved from last year.

The coaching setup, most who have been part of the club for 8 seasons now, have done a tremendous job from where they started, to get the team to where they are now. However, I don't believe this coaching setup as a group has the ability to take this squad to the next level, and rejuvenation is needed. In eight years, this senior coaching staff has as many wins in Finals matches as they do Wooden Spoons. As a group, they aren't the people to take us forward. We will never win the comp with this coaching staff as a group.

But, I'm not sure changing the Head Coach is going to be the answer. Outside of Wayne Bennett I don't think there is a more viable alternative available that would neccessarily really do a better a job. Wayne Bennett is clearly an available option though and the board would be negligent in their duties to at a minimum not make discrete enquiries of his interest at this time.

As a minimum, the board should inform the Head Coach that he will employ two new senior assistants to rejuvenate the setup. If the Head Coach says no, then the board thanks him for his time over the last eight years, pays him out, and shows him out the door.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Tide has turned listening to vossy on his breakfast show this morning and all the text messages inundated by fans frustated speaking to other parra fans today at work.

Everyone has seen enough i suspect time for a change.

BA has put himself under the microscope more because he has picked his son who is out of his depth

Tooooks

Bench
I think BA has a lot to offer but as many of you have said, he’s reached his ceiling. Our attack is effective against poor defensive teams, but is abysmal against anyone who knows how to defend.

I‘d support BA staying only if we got new attack and defence coaches because these guys just don’t cut it. I can see us getting flogged in four of our remaining games, limping into the finals low on form and confidence then getting bundled out in week one by plodders like the Dragons or Sharks.

The good teams slowly build all season to peak for the finals. We probably peaked in round two. I wasn’t against Andrew Johns working with our halves but two seasons in, Drown has regressed as a playmaker.

I don’t agree that Bennett is the answer. We’re whinging about a 28 point loss. His team has been pumped by 50 twice this season. Also, he’s old, with millions in the bank and presumably wants to spend his final years in Qld. He’s not our guy.

I don’t have the answer but with this squad, we should be much better than we are.

Avenger

Immortal
I was going to create a new thread but I’ll just put it here. Watch the Shane Flanagan rumours intensify with every loss and with our inevitable flaccid exit from the finals.

I expect it to start as soon as next week from Mr Rothfield and co. Come on Buzz you know you want to and it doesn’t matter that I stole some of your thunder. 😉

Chipmunk

Coach
I was going to create a new thread but I’ll just put it here. Watch the Shane Flanagan rumours intensify with every loss and with our inevitable flaccid exit from the finals.

I expect it to start as soon as next week from Mr Rothfield and co. Come on Buzz you know you want to and it doesn’t matter that I stole some of your thunder. 😉
Surely Wayne Bennett without a job and unlikely a second Brisbane team until at least 2024 that he will also be mentioned. I think the moment Bennett is mentioned BA's fate could be sealed.

I presume Ben Hornby would be the key assistant he would bring with him?

Last edited:

Latest posts