What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 106 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 109 50.7%

• Total voters

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Got this sent a minute ago, f**king could only laugh

May be an image of 4 people and text that says COACH & SON KIT YEAH THAT' SONE FINE-LOOKING COMBINATION. PLUS LAND WHY DOESN'T MINE LOOK LIKE THAT?! imgilip.com

hindy111

Post Whore
I’m a powder puff. He’d probably smash me with his superior Maltese strength.

He is Half English. But yes agree he would smash you. He still splits free wood with an axe. And if I need a hole dug I get him rnd. He was built for that shit.

hindy111

Post Whore
totally agree. He’s a fraud. Flat track bully. A choker. His teams fold when the pressure is applied. He doesn’t get the team up for the important games. He’s no motivator and the team looks to be devoid of any tactics.

I won't lie. In 2014 in his first season I was worried when we had to win one of our last two games to make the finals. It was a sure thing. We had Canberra who finished 15th and Newcastle who finished 12th.
We didn't just lose those games. We where never in them. Got blown completely off the park in first 25mins in both games.
After that yes I was concerned the coach wasn't able to get them up for big games. They where our first big tests.

Noise

Coach
I won't lie. In 2014 in his first season I was worried when we had to win one of our last two games to make the finals. It was a sure thing. We had Canberra who finished 15th and Newcastle who finished 12th.
We didn't just lose those games. We where never in them. Got blown completely off the park in first 25mins in both games.
After that yes I was concerned the coach wasn't able to get them up for big games. They where our first big tests.
7 years later and nothing has changed.

King-Gutho94

Coach

We are always better underdogs would have been better playing another top 8 team in that last fortnight with less expectation.

I rememeber that year & you just knew a month out ricky's raiders who were going like bustards were going to knock off us in the last round to keep us out the 8 after walking out on the club 12 months eariler. It was just the Parra way.

We only just scraped through against them in Darwin 6 weeks eariler.

We beat Manly but other then that our last 5 games we looked like from memory we tensed up badly and the pressure got to them.

Plus ball boy gate swap that result around against the dogs we play finals and they wouldn't have made finals let alone a grand final that year

Eelementary

Post Whore
I suppose the question is: do Brad Arthur, and his coaching team, have ideas on how to arrest our form slump?

Time will tell.

One positive going for us is that thanks to the Covid relocation of the NRL to Queensland, there is no more home ground advantage, so sliding down to 6th spot may not be as disastrous as initially thought.

We still need to be better, though.

Avenger

Immortal
That was the year before Hayne went to the NFL. I remember that choke well. It’s not even funny but when you analyse it he hasn’t toughened the team up to deal with these moments and has been consistently soft since.

There is no denying that.

lingard

Coach
Valid points.

I do think that Arthur needs some stronger Assistant Coaches, though.
Can we even afford them? Clubs like Melbourne and Easts get assistant coaches of the calibre of Kearney and Fitzgibbon, whereas weaker clubs can only get them as head coaches. It shows it's not a level playing field.
I dont think there's a cap pertaining to assistant coaches. Of course we can f#cking afford them.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I don’t think we’ve ever consistently gotten up for big games since the 80s. Had a few impressive finals wins under Smith but some spectacular f**k ups as well.

Thats a long period with a lot of players and coaches.

Latest posts