What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 110 50.7%

• Total voters

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Gutho is a quality player and a good leader. Not worth $1M but could still be a critical part of the team at the right price. I reckon he'll stay.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think he probably is carrying an injury. I'd say that's likely the reason for any player dropping form like he has. But even at top form he's not worth $1M

he is definitely playing injured, there was an article posted here a couple of weeks ago

and if fully fit, he's not a million dollar man for mine, he's on $750K I think which is about right

hindy111

Post Whore
he is definitely playing injured, there was an article posted here a couple of weeks ago

and if fully fit, he's not a million dollar man for mine, he's on $750K I think which is about right

As I have said before. He is to slow for fullback. He is a 5/8. But we have our halves. Unless we convert Brown to centre.

But there is also Rusell. Where do the club rate him?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Gutho is in a form slump, and probably not worth $1 million a year - but how short are some of your memories?

He came so close to winning last year's Dally M, and he has been a consistent contributor to our side.

The fact our attack is lagging certainly correlates with Gutho's dip in form, imo.

eels_fan

First Grade
If he stays at $750k (as he’s reported to be on now) that’s an increase in value based on the cap dropping, call it in recognition of him making origin.

I agree he’s injured though. There was strong rumours prior to the Canberra game that he was going to be a late scratching with a rib injury.

hindy111

Post Whore
Gutho is in a form slump, and probably not worth $1 million a year - but how short are some of your memories?

He came so close to winning last year's Dally M, and he has been a consistent contributor to our side.

The fact our attack is lagging certainly correlates with Gutho's dip in form, imo.

No. We are playing better sides. Guthersons slump I reckon is based on that. He is effective against weaker defenses. Just like many of our forwards can get a roll on and look good. But against better sides Gutherson skills don't trouble them.

hindy111

Post Whore
Just like Moses folds in big games I'm yet to see Gutherson have a ripper in real big games. He has had just as many poor moments as Moses.

Gutherson is a very good player. Just lacks the electricity for fullback. He will only get slower. Moving forward its about where we play him. I think 5/8 but then what about D.Brown?
Jerome Luai cost 600k. He is an origin half. Will Gutherson push to take his spot? Sometimes tough calls need to be made. If D.Brown is seen as a long term half then I don't see room for Gutherson personally. But also not convinced D. Rown is a 5/8