What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 106 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 109 50.7%

• Total voters

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I reckon BA will be given at least another year probably 2.

Board will see the improvement over the last few weeks and several promising juniors being ready in the next year or so. Along with the players / off contract players being supportive of BA.

They will see BA as the safest option with no real low risk options. Board will see constantly making the finals as a success and risking that on a new coach (with no stand out options) as to risky.

Gronk

Staff member
I reckon BA will be given at least another year probably 2.

Board will see the improvement over the last few weeks and several promising juniors being ready in the next year or so. Along with the players / off contract players being supportive of BA.

They will see BA as the safest option with no real low risk options. Board will see constantly making the finals as a success and risking that on a new coach (with no stand out options) as to risky.
There is also no pressure from the media, with Kent and Rothfield stating that seperately that BA (paraphrasing) is "a high quality coach and the Eels are lucky to have him". Some might think that media pressure would not sway clubs, however the WTigers say hi.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yeah after Saturday night I reckon we give BA as long as he likes, it’s the safe option we can’t lose him or all this success we have gotten under his watch could all just disappear.

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah after Saturday night I reckon we give BA as long as he likes, it’s the safe option we can’t lose him or all this success we have gotten under his watch could all just disappear.
I love the smell of sarcasm in the morning.

giphy.gif

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think our chances will increase with the right coach.
How could you prove that though? Just because you won doesn't mean your chance of winning was 100%, and likewise when you lose. What was our chance of winning against Penrith? Any answer you give is only your opinion. You could be an 80% chance of winning in each of ten games and still lose every single one. That's how probability works.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Money??? The chance to work with the genius footballing mind that is BA?? A strong young squad that is on rise with a centre of excellence on the way. Why are you so hellbent on talking down the club at every opportunity?? It’s disgusting!!!!!
Who's taking down the club? I think the club is good and getting stronger.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Who's taking down the club? I think the club is good and getting stronger.
Lol you rubbish it every chance you get, we have no money no one decent wants to come here we can’t attract the best coaches and assistants etc etc. Frankly it’s disgusting get behind the club you merkin FFS!!

Cloeel

Juniors
How could you prove that though? Just because you won doesn't mean your chance of winning was 100%, and likewise when you lose. What was our chance of winning against Penrith? Any answer you give is only your opinion. You could be an 80% chance of winning in each of ten games and still lose every single one. That's how probability works.

This is exactly why its better having gradual improvement/small changes year to year as opposed to drastic coaching and squad changes.

I think a coach should only ever be shafted if there is continual decline over a certain period of time in on field performance.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Lol you rubbish it every chance you get, we have no money no one decent wants to come here we can’t attract the best coaches and assistants etc etc. Frankly it’s disgusting get behind the club you merkin FFS!!
I'm sure you'll agree we're not the richest club. That doesn't mean you should put shit on it. We are the underdogs ffs

Noise

Coach
Why do I need to prove anything? Sporting teams all over the world change coaches to try and improve the likelihood of them winning. Why should we be any different? Or should we just extend BA now for another 8 years?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
This is exactly why its better having gradual improvement/small changes year to year as opposed to drastic coaching and squad changes.

I think a coach should only ever be shafted if there is continual decline over a certain period of time in on field performance.
About a year ago I had a look and found that a three year rolling win rate below 40% (or thereabouts) was what got coaches rissoled from their NRL gigs.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Why do I need to prove anything? Sporting teams all over the world change coaches to try and improve the likelihood of them winning. Why should we be any different? Or should we just extend BA now for another 8 years?
Is that the only option? Mate you've wanted him gone for years. And sporting team administrations sack coaches to give their fans a scapegoat, not because they have any proof that the replacement will do any better. At most clubs with high coach turnover they are just shuffling the deck chairs on an old wooden ship.

Noise

Coach
Is that the only option? Mate you've wanted him gone for years. And sporting team administrations sack coaches to give their fans a scapegoat, not because they have any proof that the replacement will do any better. At most clubs with high coach turnover they are just shuffling the deck chairs on an old wooden ship.
We don’t have a high coach turnover any more. We’ve had the same coach for 8 years. I’ve wanted him gone since 2018. There is a point when a team needs new ideas and new voices, particularly when a teams results are plateauing.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
Stuart was the last decent coach we had since Brian Smith.

Bushy is a good man, but his time is done. The fact he didn't rest lussick, and mismanaged mahoney is the real reason we couldn't beat the Panthers, let alone, challenge for the premiership

Also, his interchanges are diabolical, he is too busy ballwatching. How did he leave Stone out there who was clearly exhausted, and not put Smith in was mindboggling.

I feel sorry for the team. With a better coach, they get much closer these past 3 years

Latest posts