What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 112 51.1%

• Total voters

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It’s a polarising decision for sure. The divide is not just on these pages. Unroll this thread below on twitter and you get the same love/hate responses.

My 2 cents is that the board reviewed the coaching market, were cognisant of the player market, AND most importantly, the new QLD team for 2023 who can sign players from 1 Nov, 2021. This call was based on a holistic approach with a focus on stability.

If Maguire and Green can win premierships I don't see why Arthur's is such a bad choice for coach.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
the simpsons boo GIF

Chipmunk

Coach
Massive hypothetical. There was obviously background to why the team shat itself in 2018 and in hindsight we know that if it was the coach's fault, he figured out how to fix it.

You can't just offer one year contracts in case the coach stops doing what works. Otherwise you'll never get any good coaches.
As long as they put a clause that he no longer has a job if we ever misses the Top 8 again, then I guess there is little harm I suppose.

Happy MEel

First Grade
It's true, which means in the current rugby league climate there aren't many better, and those all have clubs they'd rather be at than Parra.

If you merkins don't like being underdogs you need to find a new bus. This is Parramatta, all stations to Clyde.
*bradley

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Is missing the finals a 'poor season' at a club that has run last under 13 different coaches? Bennett missed the finals in two out of three years he coached the Knights. It's often out of the coach's hands. And bad luck at one club looks very different from bad luck at another, and plenty of coaches have been made scapegoats.