What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone have a copy of this game ???

marty_dragon

Juniors
hey fellas im after a copy of a game in 2004 when i think we played manly towards the end of the year, it was a game where we came from behinde and ended up winning. Apparently one of our greatest ever comebacks...

i was in europe at the time and i was just wondering if any of you had a copy ??? im willing to pay for a dvd or another copy...

cheers

marty

I remember that game well vs Manly. It was the first time I thought about leaving early when we were 32-0 down at half time, and I am soooooooo thankful I stayed around until full time!!!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
2004, Round 25.

Pissing down raining and I insisted we were still a chance... and I refused to leave. I have witnesses. lol

Still pics of the match are here marty: http://www.showroom.com.au/dragons/2004/2004_25.htm

By the clock: http://www.showroom.com.au/dragons/2004/update2004_25.htm

We were down by 24 points with as many minutes remaining. Shot to bits in any language, people walking out. In the pouring rain the boys scored a point a minute to post a memorable win.

It was Tinga's last match at Kogarah. I maintain that he won the game for us that day. The spirit of the bloke, a winger, running up the middle of the ruck to inspire his team mates was something to behold. He scored two tries to kickstart the comeback and then set up another. It wasn't long before Blacklock had the forwards backing him up.

Full time: 36-34. The St George supporters that remained were shaking hands, slapping each other on the back. The dregs of the Manly supporters were looking on in utter disbelief.

It was pretty clear that Nathan Blacklock had every intention of departing Kogarah as a winner.

marty_dragon

Juniors
2004, Round 25.

Pissing down raining and I insisted we were still a chance... and I refused to leave. I have witnesses. lol

Still pics of the match are here marty: http://www.showroom.com.au/dragons/2004/2004_25.htm

By the clock: http://www.showroom.com.au/dragons/2004/update2004_25.htm

We were down by 24 points with as many minutes remaining. Shot to bits in any language, people walking out. In the pouring rain the boys scored a point a minute to post a memorable win.

It was Tinga's last match at Kogarah. I maintain that he won the game for us that day. The spirit of the bloke, a winger, running up the middle of the ruck to inspire his team mates was something to behold. He scored two tries to kickstart the comeback and then set up another. It wasn't long before Blacklock had the forwards backing him up.

Full time: 36-34. The St George supporters that remained were shaking hands, slapping each other on the back. The dregs of the Manly supporters were looking on in utter disbelief.

It was pretty clear that Nathan Blacklock had every intention of departing Kogarah as a winner.

damn i gotta see it!!!!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I heard afterwards that it was the second biggest comeback in first grade history.

MattYg1

Bench
i remember there used to be a website that had all the games between 2003 - 2005...

i wish i knew the link still...

Slackboy72

Coach
Don't forget piggy's effort that day.
I'd also like a copy if possible. Is there any chance we could put a copy on the web for folks to download?

God-King Dean

Immortal
I use to do the scoreboards at Kogarah occasionally from 2003-2005... That last 24 minutes was a pain in the arse. :lol:

Ah, what a day. Never forget it.

thommo4pm

Coach
I remember that game well vs Manly. It was the first time I thought about leaving early when we were 32-0 down at half time, and I am soooooooo thankful I stayed around until full time!!!

Not quite 32-0, we got behind by 34-10(into the second half) and that's when the majority of the people who left decided it was time to go....the boys gave no indication that they were going to turn it around that day....what an awesome day it was.
Tingha was on fire, as was Poore, Riddell, Thommo, Withers, Timmo....well they got on fire with 25 minutes to go.
I remember being completely shattered when Manly took an intercept just before half time when it looked like we were possibly about to score.

Latest posts