What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

does anyone have any training tips!?

hey, i am a 16 year old prop forward and currently in NZ with my family! i was training hard out with my team in Australia until i came over here and i have been training here however i have found i cant keep motivated and i cant think of anything to do by myself! the drills we do are team based at the momment because our team is full of all the clicques you could imagine! so we never really did any solo stuff! does anyone know of things i could do by myself, to gain upper body strength, speed and tackling technique?

thanks

BWStorm

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
mate the majority on this site are couch potatoes or computer nerds who have never trained, never mind played footy.

what sort of training are you wanting to do?

for cardio by yourself is to download the 'beep test', put it on your mp3 player and away you go. only need to find a 20m corridor or a park and you are set. just try and improve the level each time and theres your motivation

TooheysNew

Coach
mate the majority on this site are couch potatoes or computer nerds who have never trained, never mind played footy.

for cardio by yourself is to download the 'beep test', put it on your mp3 player and away you go. only need to find a 20m corridor or a park and you are set. just try and improve the level each time and theres your motivation
LOL. Idiot.

18to87

First Grade
hey, i am a 16 year old prop forward and currently in NZ with my family! i was training hard out with my team in Australia until i came over here and i have been training here however i have found i cant keep motivated and i cant think of anything to do by myself! the drills we do are team based at the momment because our team is full of all the clicques you could imagine! so we never really did any solo stuff! does anyone know of things i could do by myself, to gain upper body strength, speed and tackling technique?

thanks

BWStorm

Do you have a gym membership?

[furrycat]

Coach

Wow - you must be one of these potatoes or nerds... Beep test is good to test your VO2 but its not going to improve your cardio in a good or timely manner :lol: Beep test doesn't put you into your cardio training zone (about 80% of your max heart rate... for a 16-30 year old its about 165-175). Beep test will put you there for a few seconds before you stop. You want to be there for 45 mins.

If you're 16 years old, best consult a professional as your body needs a specific program for any weight training to prevent injury or long term problems when you're older. If you just go in off the advice of some (like above) you'll end up injured and causing problems as you grow (you're still growing of course).

Latest posts