What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does Canberra's importing of four Poms give them unfair advantage?

There are only a few clubs which have the luxury of adding quality Poms to their squad for 2019.

The Sydney Roosters are adding international winger Ryan Hall from Leeds.

St. George-Illawarra already has two in internationals in prop James Graham and five eighth Gareth Widdop.

South Sydney already has the three international Pom forwards in the form of the Burgess brothers.

Now Canberra, which already has international Poms in hooker Josh Hodgson and second rower Elliot Whitehead, has added two more in the form of international second rower John Bateman and rookie prop Ryan Sutton. That makes four Poms in one team. All of them are forwards.

The Poms are very rugged players and the forwards don't take a step backwards in defence. Does four Poms in one team not amount to unfair advantage?

The Rosco

Bench
I say Ni.
I am now no longer saying Ni.
I now say ekki ekki putang Neeeuwop/
But back on thread topic . . . I'm so disappointed. Yet again, A brilliant, relevant and insightful thread of yours caught my attention. I saw Albert. I saw England. Yet all I really wanted was some validation of Remy Casty. You know, how he is the greatest French player in the universe.
Adam, surely you can tell us again about Remi.
And I'd like a shrubbery with a 2 level effect with a little path . . . .

Nearly half the Canberra pack will be Pommy in 2019. That will create a solidarity of countrymen that no other club can emulate.

I expect Canberra to be in the mix for 8th spot by regular season's end.

nick87

Coach
Wait until we complete the premiership blueprint by bringing in our secret weapon

Let’s just call him R. Casty... no, no, that’s too obvious... Remi C

Coastbloke

Bench
More Poms, Kiwis, Frogs, Welsh, Irish, Fijians, Tongans etc the better. Same goes for ESL. Hell, here's hoping for a total overhaul of Elite 1 in France for the same.. :relaxed:

jargan83

Coach
The 2019 season is over before it begins.

Time for League fans everywhere to focus on 2020.

The 2019 season is over before it begins.

Time for League fans everywhere to focus on 2020.

No. This Pommy migration wave means that Canberra moves from 10th into the top 8.

The 2019 season is not over because we don't know who will play the Sydney Roosters in the Grand Final. It could be South Sydney Rabbitohs. It could be New Zealand Warriors. Nobody knows yet.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I think they should have signed 5 and a Frenchman. Remi Casty's cousin Nasty Casty would have elevated them to Nick Politis elite levels.

dogslife

Coach
2526576-3x2-340x227.jpg

Nevi Castigan

Latest posts