What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does Matty Johns watch footy??

Basil Brush

Juniors
Speaking about Origin tonight on the Matty Johns Show.

I am trying to say correctly what i heard. However you will get the gist if you didn't see it. I will stand corrected if i get it wrong.

Matt Johns said Gall should not be picked for origin (after being picked for city) as we have had a history of failure with him there. Fair enough point.

However, he then says Mitch Pearce is a cert for Origin. WTF.

The reason NSW struggle to beat Qld is the halves. Pearce is one of the main reasons

Definitely not Gallens fault.

Matty often has a go at Fletch for not watching footy but does Matty even watch footy?

Emu01

Juniors
His footy tipping is horrendous as well,as he persists with taking Newcastle each week and He kept selecting the Tigers to win when they got flogged by 60 the week before.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Its not just Matty Johns, its ex players in the media, the majority of them have agends and are terrible judges. Great players dont make good analysists of the game.

I agree Matty Johns seems to be one of the worst, maybe because he is seen/heard on so many different formats. he continually picks random players for Rep sides and teams to win games. Because they are so random if they dont get up everyone forgets,on the rare occassions they work out/win he goes on and on about it 'I told you they were good things!' etc

Every year re Mitchell Pearce he says the same stuff 'its different this year, i can see the maturity in his game.' If he ever actually wins a series he will bang on about it til the end of time.

Clifferd

Coach
Matty johns is more worried about his image than talking about footy but what he knows he talks a lot of sense

Marty John's is not on TV for his footy knowledge. He's on there for his toilet humour.

Johns, Tallis, Hindmarsh and Fletch are just a comedy relief.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Matty Johns just read of the 'Mitchell Pearce Origin Template' given to all nrl media . It goes like...

'Of course Pearce should be selected. He is a completely different player in <insert year>. After <insert event from previous year> he took stock of his life, he cut the bullshit from his private life and refocused all his energies on football. He has gotten himself in a good headspace. He has really matured and i thought <insert one good play from the 1st 10 rounds> was an example of that newfound maturity. I think pairing him with <insert new halves partner> will be the key to unlocking the best in Mitchell due to <insert playing history and/or playing styles> as it'll take the pressure of pearce and allow him to play his natural game. <insert year> will finally be the year we see the best out of Pearce and at the end of the day who else can you pick <ignore form of all other halves>'

Clifferd

Coach
Matty Johns just read of the 'Mitchell Pearce Origin Template' given to all nrl media . It goes like...

'Of course Pearce should be selected. He is a completely different player in <insert year>. After <insert event from previous year> he took stock of his life, he cut the bullshit from his private life and refocused all his energies on football. He has gotten himself in a good headspace. He has really matured and i thought <insert one good play from the 1st 10 rounds> was an example of that newfound maturity. I think pairing him with <insert new halves partner> will be the key to unlocking the best in Mitchell due to <insert playing history and/or playing styles> as it'll take the pressure of pearce and allow him to play his natural game. <insert year> will finally be the year we see the best out of Pearce and at the end of the day who else can you pick <ignore form of all other halves>'

You sir have made my day already

Paullyboy

Coach
I haven't seen the Footy Show for about 5 years, but there's no way he could be as bad as Fatty who blindly told every single guest "I'd have you in my origin team". He said it to Josh McCrone once. Seriously.

King hit

Coach
Its not just Matty Johns, its ex players in the media, the majority of them have agends and are terrible judges. Great players dont make good analysists of the game.

I agree Matty Johns seems to be one of the worst, maybe because he is seen/heard on so many different formats. he continually picks random players for Rep sides and teams to win games. Because they are so random if they dont get up everyone forgets,on the rare occassions they work out/win he goes on and on about it 'I told you they were good things!' etc

Every year re Mitchell Pearce he says the same stuff 'its different this year, i can see the maturity in his game.' If he ever actually wins a series he will bang on about it til the end of time.

I spent an hour in the same room as Wally Lewis once and you could've sworn that the guy has never watched or played a game of footy in his life. His best was how the great Dave Taylor was the best forward in Australia and should be an automatic pick for the Kangaroos.

smh

moffla

Bench
It's not that he doesn't watch it, nor know a lot about it, he's just incredibly bias and stuck to his ways

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
I would not pick Pearce in a million years for the #7

Pick players on current form

Unfortunately - Mitchell Pearce is the best in form #7 for NSW

Life's Good

Coach
Matty Johns could do us all a favour and watch his own show. If it hasn't yet it is getting close to 'Jumping the shark'.

President Trump

Juniors
Paul Gallen would be a better Origin halfback than Mitchell Pearce.

The only team Pearce should be selected for is the Pyongyang Pussies.

Latest posts