What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does the club's digital team know about the 100 years thing?

zombiebloodlust

Juniors
Anyone else disappointed that the club, particularly the social media department, are not making more of a fuss (or any fuss?) about the fact it's the 100 year anniversary of St George's first season? You'd think they'd be creating some kind of theme around it, perhaps giving a historic focus to their posts, a story or two, or ... something? I'd have thought the deep history of the club was a kind of selling point? Something to actually pounce on and shout about. Weird. Seems a massive missed opportunity

Instead the twitter has the standard lame training photos and birthday messages, the sort of thing you'd see on the club website in 1997

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Anyone else disappointed that the club, particularly the social media department, are not making more of a fuss (or any fuss?) about the fact it's the 100 year anniversary of St George's first season? You'd think they'd be creating some kind of theme around it, perhaps giving a historic focus to their posts, a story or two, or ... something? I'd have thought the deep history of the club was a kind of selling point? Something to actually pounce on and shout about. Weird. Seems a massive missed opportunity

Instead the twitter has the standard lame training photos and birthday messages, the sort of thing you'd see on the club website in 1997
Apart from merchandising, I haven't seen anything.

It seems the Club and the NRL are happy to make a quid out of it but don't want to have a great celebration.

Of course we supporters can celebrate the centenary. I think we know the reason for the Club's lack of gumption. Would be great if they could prove me wrong.

There's an earlier discussion thread about it here: https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/100-years-2021.479349/

Shaun_Timmins

Juniors

They launched a website last year specifically for it;
https://stgeorgedragons.com.au/

ALSGI

Bench

Very disappointing really but not too surprising.
Might be waiting for 101years or 202?

Kylez3

Juniors
The Dragons social media department + the communications team are absolutely hopeless. Don't expect anything good from them.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
There's so many old sayings...
You reap what you sow. The boy who cried wolf. And an oldie but a goldie... a wise man never stubs his toe on the same muzby twice.
Fool me once, shame on, uh, shame on you.

Fool me, well you cant get fooled again..

_Johnsy

Referee
There's so many old sayings...
You reap what you sow. The boy who cried wolf. And an oldie but a goldie... a wise man never stubs his toe on the same muzby twice.
I just use different toes. Problem solved.

zombiebloodlust

Juniors
I've checked out the website, and it's a good start. I think they could do more, and do it better. Some of it is quite meagre and scratches the surface only. There's soooo much documented history out there, for a club that has always prided itself on it, and you've got the whole year to celebrate it. Still think it's a missed opportunity