What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does the club's digital team know about the 100 years thing?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
This Friday, 23rd April is St George's Day and our 100th year.

Inside word is that there may be something planned for the Kogarah game on Sunday, May 9th (vs Canterbury).

possm

Coach
I'd say those at the NRL are not to keen on recognising our history. They seem to be more keen on recognising the history of the St George Illawarra Club instead.

I say it is time our club challenged the NRL on this matter and if necessary take legal action to reclaim our proud history and all GF's we won. If they can't see there way clear to doing this then we must revert to our old name 'St George'.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I don’t know what the issue is - the club are clearly making the same online presence in the 100th year as they did in the first year..

Quite a noble acknowledgement..

zombiebloodlust

Juniors
Of course, nothing about this mentioned on the NRL club's feeds anywhere... but the St.George FB page just teased this... Is it the Museum, finally???

zombiebloodlust

Juniors
Now it all makes sense...

Want to know a secret? The Dragons are celebrating their centenary this season.

St George played their first game in the NSWRL competition on April 23, 1921, against Glebe at the Sydney Sports Ground.
Now that is something to celebrate.
Instead, the Illawarra side of the joint venture pretty much wants nothing to do with festivities, even rejecting the idea of representing the milestone on the players’ jumpers.
That sums up the once-proud Dragons right there: they can’t even agree on how to celebrate their own birthday.

Latest posts