What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
I feel almost embarrassed to post this but a wins a win I guess.

Fair to say that was way harder than it needed to be. We literally threw the ball away for a try and made at least 4 errors as we were putting the foot on the throat.

Anyways, after last week we take the 2 points and never think about that game again.

A special mention to JWH, if there is anyone who has credit enough in the bank to put the cue in the rack for this season and wait until we have a full squad next year, it is him but he has taken his game to another level

3 JWH
2 Rads
1 Manu

If Keary plays that game we win by 30 IMO. I have said it before but if we want to give ourselves even a punchers chance this year then Manu needs to go to 6.

3 JWH
2 Rads
1 Ikuvalu

Walker’s backwards run for me was a sign of where our heads were at and are simply relieved to come away with a win. The weather, Bulldogs’ slowing the play the ball and our lack of cohesion delivered an ugly game and missed opportunities as well as Manu’s try gift.

So with Smith back and partnering J Moz, Manu you’d think is a certainty at 6 with Hutch on the bench? Suaalii dropped or takes a bench seat which should leave Lam out but Robbo seems to have a soft spot for him so who knows? Angus/Teddy back next week are massive ins.

Valheru

Coach
3 JWH
2 Rads
1 Ikuvalu

Walker’s backwards run for me was a sign of where our heads were at and are simply relieved to come away with a win. The weather, Bulldogs’ slowing the play the ball and our lack of cohesion delivered an ugly game and missed opportunities as well as Manu’s try gift.

So with Smith back and partnering J Moz, Manu you’d think is a certainty at 6 with Hutch on the bench? Suaalii dropped or takes a bench seat which should leave Lam out but Robbo seems to have a soft spot for him so who knows? Angus/Teddy back next week are massive ins.
Yep if teddy and crighton both back up we would be able to field the below

1 teddy
2 tupou
3 J-Moz
4 Smith
5 Iku/sualli
6 manu
7 walker
8 JWH
9 Verills
10 SST
11 Crighton
12 Sitilli
13 Radley
14 Hutch
15 Liu
16 Butcher
17 E Butcher/Fifita

That leaves no room for lam or Keighran.

Besides Baker who will still be in isolation, that is the best team we are going to be able to field this season. It is a finals team that can offer pest value to souths and parra but that's about it.

Gee keary and Collins make a huge difference to that side and would make us 3rd best IMO with a chance to upset the top 2 on our day. Add the retired players and we really could have given the comp a shake. Oh well, not to be.

Valheru

Coach
What do you think of J Moz’s form? He’s been almost anonymous since his brother’s demise. Just missing his spark
Yeah just going through the motions but we don't really have any other options.

SST form is a concern IMO as well. JWH has stepped up since Collins went down but SST is having a very down season and should be put on notice as Baker is developing quite nicely.

Yeah just going through the motions but we don't really have any other options.

SST form is a concern IMO as well. JWH has stepped up since Collins went down but SST is having a very down season and should be put on notice as Baker is developing quite nicely.
I’m hoping SST is just carrying an injury and not a form slump.

Headless Chook

Juniors
We have lost the fear factor. The good teams aren’t too worried about playing us anymore.

Too many forced changes in key positions with much of the responsibilities thrown on young heads has really exposed our defensive lapses and lack of creativity.

I absolutely agree that Manu has to go into the halves if we are any chance of staying in the hunt.

H.H

Juniors
3 - JWH
2 - Rads
1 - Sitili

Manu was good overall too, but jeez he annoyed me with that gift for Lewis' second try...needs to be better.

Anyway, sh*t game and our problems are in the halves. As talented as Walker is, it's asking a lot to steer a team around with so little halves experience supporting him. Hopefully we can limp into the 8 and the young guys exposed before they were ready this year will be better for it.

3. JWH
2. Rads
1. Sitili

I have joined in late, but generally agree with what has already been said. We will finish sixth at best in my view, and limp into the finals series. I am resigned to the fact that this year cannot be ours, but we will build for next year and beyond. Too many young heads and interruptions with injury unfortunately. No team can overcome that.

SST is in a bit of a slump and JMoz may need to re-assess where he is at. Sitili really needs to work on his defence.

I think we can beat the Cowboys, but only by 10 at most.

You must be on to something with SST.

Omitted from the side this week and although he has struggled, he isn't anywhere close to being outright dropped IMO

SST hasn't been the same since he picked up that shoulder injury some weeks back. I suspect he hasn't been 100% healed.

Latest posts