What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs of War CRAP!

Garts

Bench
Timmah said:
Watmough's also very overrated.

Is he even rated? I have not seen him in the origin and test teams, barely even raised as a possiblity for origin. He was only secondrower of the year because SBW got suspended again.

I think Watmough is a great player, not as good as SBW but definately not overrated.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Dogs pack is very overrated IMO. Williams and Mason are the only real stars. Ryan is the most overrated forward there is, Maitua struggles in defence, as does O'Meley and Hickey.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Seriously, only a complete numpty would deny that the Dogs have the best pack left in the comp, in its current configuration.

I'm not sure that it's going to be enough to get them across the line, but to boast about a starting 6 that features O'Meley, Mason, Ryan, SBW and Maitua is perfectly sensible.

smeghead

Bench
Dogs have a very good pack.

However the Dogs of War stuff really is complete sh*te. I mean Mason called the Tigers the softest pack in the game yet this year we were able to give them a nice little touch up without so much as a whimper from the DOW.

Maitua is the games biggest myth bar none. He performs against numpties and goes missing against any player with even slight quality

Dogaholic

First Grade
jimmyo said:
This is the way I see it:

Jarryd Hayne vs Luke Patten
Krisnan Inu vs Hazem El Masri
Joel Reddy vs Daryl Millard
Timana Tahu vs Willie Tonga
Eric Grothe vs Matt Utai (doesn't look 100% fit)
Brett Finch vs Ben Roberts
Tim Smith vs Brent Sherwin
Nathan Cayless vs Mark O'Meley
Mark Riddell vs Corey Hughes
Fuifui Moimoi vs Willie Mason
Nathan Hindmarsh vs Sonny Bill Williams
Ian Hindmarsh vs Andrew Ryan
Feleti Mateo vs Reni Maitua
PJ Marsh vs Adam Perry
Josh Cordoba vs Nick Kouparitsas
Chad Robinson vs Chris Armit
Daniel Wagon vs Jarrad Hickey

Almost as I would see it....

This is the way I see it:

Eric Grothe vs Matt Utai
Brett Finch vs Ben Roberts LOL Roberts
Nathan Hindmarsh vs Sonny Bill Williams Slightly
PJ Marsh vs Adam Perry

Dogaholic

First Grade
innsaneink said:
I agree...what is the DOW garbage....some self flaggelating in house propaganda.

DOW is a line that Bee sting likes to give us every now and then.

He'll rubbish us in a game, then call us DOW when we score a few then rubbish us again when we get beat.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
smeghead said:
Dogs have a very good pack.

However the Dogs of War stuff really is complete sh*te. I mean Mason called the Tigers the softest pack in the game yet this year we were able to give them a nice little touch up without so much as a whimper from the DOW.

Maitua is the games biggest myth bar none. He performs against numpties and goes missing against any player with even slight quality

Thats because Mason is an idiot.

Dogs have a good pack, but they aren't what they used to be.

Johns Magic

Referee
Eric Grothe vs Matt Utai (doesn't look 100% fit)
Brett Finch vs Ben Roberts
Nathan Hindmarsh vs Sonny Bill Williams
PJ Marsh vs Adam Perry

If I were to pick a combined team it would be:

1. Patten
2. Inu
3. Tahu
4. Tonga
5. Hayne
6. Roberts
7. Smith
8. O'Meley
9. Riddell
10. Cayless
11. N Hindmarsh
12. Ryan
13. SBW

14. Moimoi
15. Mason
16. Mateo
17. Maitua

9 Eels, 8 Dogs

jimmyo

Juniors
effnic said:
And on the subject of over-rated, Hindmarsh would have to be the most over-rated player right next to Lyon and Sbw, i cant believe he still won awards after the pathetic year he has had this year.

If only you didn't have a keyboard, then people wouldn't know what an idiot you are :lol:

sooperdooper

First Grade
dogs of war has been a myth recently but dont underestimate them!
the dogs are one team not to underestimate....i know im not!
effnic is a complete tool, hindy has had an awesome year!
eels without hindy = total different team

Brandy Alexander's Tips from his blog on news.com.au:

O’Meley vs Cayless
Hughs/Perry vs Riddell/Marsh
Mason vs Moimoi
Williams vs N Hindmarsh
Ryan vs I Hindmarsh
Maitua vs Mateo

Hickey vs Cordoba
Armit vs Robinson
Kouparitsas vs Wagon

My picks, let’s break it down player against player on who Id rather have on my team.
Id take Nathan Cayless. Both fearless and terrific front rowers, i just think Cayless is the heart and soul of the parra pack and mightnt have as many mistakes in his game.
Riddell/Marsh combo of dummy halfs is a real plus for parra, and the fact riddell can become a running forward just adds to what he brings to the eels.
Moimoi can be destructive but gimme Willy.
Williams/Hindmarsh? There’s no other forward in the game like Sonny Bill and the impact he can make with or without the ball. Hindmarsh will get thru a mountain of work in defence but doesnt give you the line breaking ability of SBW.
Ryan/I Hindmarsh? Like the last matchup, Andrew Ryan is a clever ball player and equals Ian Hindmarsh in his workload. so definatly A Ryan.
Matua/Mateo? Both fantastic players. Matua hasnt made the impact in recent matches that he did thru the year. but does have the class to hurt a side with the ball. Mateo has been one of the finds of the season and his footwork, ability to hit a hole, and the way he creates second phase play gets him the nod.
As for the rest:
Eels bench: Cordoba and Robinson the key men. While for the Dogs; Nick Kouperitisas has become a bit of a go to man for the Dogs in recent weeks and is playing well.
The eels bench shades the Dogs.

wittyfan

Referee
effnic said:
I believe Watmough is better than sbw and choc gets quarter of the press the offloading princess gets, therfore Watmough= Very underrated.

Overrated. He's got butter fingers.

Moffo

Referee
mateo over maitua? lol get your hand off it you dreamer

we are the dogs of war and we will prove it again on saturday night

mattyg

Bench
WTF? said:
Moffo Mateo's stat's are just as good as SBW i find it hard to believe you think Maitua is that good?

in fact, SBW's stats are still a bit better than Mateo and Mateo comes off the bench when the opposition forward are tiring.

I'd take Reni anyday of the week over Feleti btw. :lol:

Tekken Lord

Juniors
Yeah SBW stats are a bit better but Mateo has played less game time so they're pretty much the same. Mateo has only been coming off the bench recently, which i think is a tactical ploy from Hagan.