What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dogs still cheating

siv

First Grade
You don't understand what I'm saying, it's not salary cap rorting as such, it's minor mismanagement that happens every year. A few years ago the Tigers were fined for spending $9,000 too much on their NYC team. Teams have extensive injuries etc and need to use second tier/NYC players that pushes them over the cap due to unforeseen player payments.

lol u wot m8?

There are NRL provisions to deal with injury situations. You have to apply to the NRL

But to still use a player who you know will take you over the cap rather than using a existing lesser quality player is poor management and is like putting a 14th player on the field.

Thats why loss of competition points is the only true penalty. 1 pt for every $25k breach

But it must be applied by Aug 1

And the fine should double the breach - not half. And I would reduce the following Salary Cap by the breach amount

DiegoNT

First Grade
You don't understand what I'm saying, it's not salary cap rorting as such, it's minor mismanagement that happens every year. A few years ago the Tigers were fined for spending $9,000 too much on their NYC team. Teams have extensive injuries etc and need to use second tier/NYC players that pushes them over the cap due to unforeseen player payments.

lol u wot m8?
Just don't vic. You'd have a better chance at explaining the difference between these minor salary cap infringements, which a handfuls of clubs do each year, and which almost every club has done at least once in the last decade, and systemic deliberate cheating of the cap like bulldogs 2002 & Storm 2010 to a brick wall.

DiegoNT

First Grade
There are NRL provisions to deal with injury situations. You have to apply to the NRL

But to still use a player who you know will take you over the cap rather than using a existing lesser quality player is poor management and is like putting a 14th player on the field.

Thats why loss of competition points is the only true penalty. 1 pt for every $25k breach

But it must be applied by Aug 1

And the fine should double the breach - not half. And I would reduce the following Salary Cap by the breach amount
Its not just injuries, players have bonus's triggered by making rep teams or playing a certain amount of first grade games etc.
I don't think you'd get the clubs to sign off on the loss off points because all clubs are guilty of these minor offenses from time to time.

Rabbits20

Immortal

SOUTHS are fine with the cap.

We haven't heard any drama yet have we??

lol u wot m8?

Rabbits20

Immortal
Shouldn't you be in the cricket thread ? I thought you were a cricket expert. Your boy Wade is batting now.
Just as I said he deserved another go doesn't mean I love him.

Did you just see that shot though lol???????

Lambretta

First Grade
Aren't these kind of breaches relatively common? Usually from errors in account etc, some players get bonus triggered etc and suddenly your accidently over the cap by relatively a small amount. I'm sure there's usually half a dozen or so teams in the comp who go through this every year. It's not the same as the systemic cheating of the bulldogs and storm in the past that were complex actions to deliberately cheat the cap

Yep - the old, "shit, we thought we were going to be crapper than we were and we paid out more win bonuses than we expected" routine.