What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs to Re-sign MASON

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Captain Jack Sparrow said:
He did. $1.5 mill over 4 years. Average $375k a year. I know our offer was bigger and that we had more in the budget.

And you don't think we have a problem recruiting. pppffftttttt

Fu**in oath sparrow. Our offer was much more then that but that did'nt tempt him did it? If its not the money thats the problem for not getting him here and SOME say its not the club i would like to know what the f*** the problem is in regards to getting a big name player here?

I can only put it down to one thing.........THE CLUB

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
The bloke has a culture that I don't like

You dont like, but the players seem to.........

Disappointing that we didnt get Mason, but seems abit far-fetched to point the finger at Raper really!

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
Fu**in oath sparrow. Our offer was much more then that but that did'nt tempt him did it? If its not the money thats the problem for not getting him here and SOME say its not the club i would like to know what the f*** the problem is in regards to getting a big name player here?

I can only put it down to one thing.........THE CLUB

Not necessarily, no-one likes change, maybe the opportunity cost of staying at the Bulldogs and passing up say an extra 25k was worth it for Mason.

carcharias

Immortal
I was lead to believe there would be an anouncement at 1pm.

Has there been some last minute gazumping?

so far there is nothing on any news sites.

Generalzod

Immortal
That's a great loss, Cronulla needed him considering were losing Stevens.
Do you think were ever going to win a comp if we can't attract the biggest players in the game.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Sutho_Sharks said:
Not necessarily, no-one likes change, maybe the opportunity cost of staying at the Bulldogs and passing up say an extra 25k was worth it for Mason.

Choosing to live in Belmore over the Shire is heaps worth it:rolleyes:

Just like choosing Beirut over Bora Bora

MightySharks

Bench
What the bet Mason already lives over this way? He is always out here plus the dogs do thier rehab in the shire.

black_dot

Juniors
Generalzod said:
That's a great loss, Cronulla needed him considering were losing Stevens.
Do you think were ever going to win a comp if we can't attract the biggest players in the game.

here's this bizarre chain of thought again, that Mason would be an adequate replacement for Stevens, he would not have even been a replacement for stevens at all, Mason is a 2nd rower all day long. He won't take the pill coming off our own line, he won't get stuck in up the guts for the first 20 minutes/

If we got mason we would have STILL required a front rower, just like we do now.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
MightySharks said:
What the bet Mason already lives over this way? He is always out here plus the dogs do thier rehab in the shire.

I know Willie goes for the odd surf down the Shire i just was'nt to sure he actually lived there. I've seen Willie out the Eastern Beaches way a fair bit aswell but who knows where he lives. Reni and Willie Tonga(SBW did untill he was abvle to afford his own pad) live at Maroubra so Willie probley crashes there after a big night...

Mr Sharkie

Juniors
black_dot said:
here's this bizarre chain of thought again, that Mason would be an adequate replacement for Stevens, he would not have even been a replacement for stevens at all, Mason is a 2nd rower all day long. He won't take the pill coming off our own line, he won't get stuck in up the guts for the first 20 minutes/

If we got mason we would have STILL required a front rower, just like we do now.

A-men

A-men

A-men Amen Amen!

Rammo

Juniors
sullyfan said:
Bah, Mason is a clown anyway. :lol:

Who cares, he is a matchwinner and a world class forward, you are only saying that because he isn't signing, if you signed him you would be going on like christmas had come early.

Mr Sharkie

Juniors
Snoop Shark said:
Choosing to live in Belmore over the Shire is heaps worth it:rolleyes:

Just shows he's living proof of your sig Snoop Shark!

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
Choosing to live in Belmore over the Shire is heaps worth it

Its not about the place, thats only where he goes to train not live! I was more referring to the relationships he would have, 10k or so obviously wasnt worth leaving the club due to such things.

N e way, who cares, it would have been nice but its not something you lose sleep over!

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Mr Sharkie said:
Just shows he's living proof of your sig Snoop Shark!

Very true Mr Sharkie.

On other signing news I heard the other day that Souths had'nt renewed John Suttons contract. Can somebody confirm or deny this?

This bloke can play and is quite versatile playing 5/8, centre, lock and even 2nd row if desperate. Big boy with massive future in the game. I know he does'nt solve our prop crisis but at right price would look great in Sharks colours. What does everyone else think?

If Souths want Keith reckon they will do a swap:lol:

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Sutho_Sharks said:
Ill take Berrigan first.......

:shock: Really?

Im just saying we are not having the best of luck attracting "big names" so we might have to look outside the square Sutho...